Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Teacup and Saucer Exchange 2- New passage!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Teacup and Saucer Exchange 2- New passage! Next Topic  

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  11:35:13 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry. I think I picked a book that was just too obscure. It is....The Country Kitchen by Della T. Lutes. A darling book! I found it advertised in my 1937 Boston Cooking School Cook Book. After searching on Alibris.com, I ordered it and it's companion, Home Grown! They are both autobiographical and The Country Kitchen has recipes sprinkled through it. I may have to try some! If you find this book, you will love it!

OK- so here goes. This one may be easier! (I hope! ;)

"He stood musing by the stove in a kind of fog that made him forget momentarily where he was and what he was up to, until the kettle whistled and he awoke and found himself oddly joyful to be dropping the bags into the teapot and pouring the steaming water therein."

And another:

"He nibbled at his right forefinger and mused upon lines from Shakespeare; he chewed his lower lip and called to mind Keats; he sank his head onto his arms on the desktop and contemplated Robert Browning's fervent avowal, "All my soul follows you, love....and I live in being yours."
Blast and double blast. The good stuff had already been written."

Good luck!

Karin

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  2:13:30 PM  Show Profile
gracious..I am stumped.
at first I thought perhaps it was something from the Jan Karon Mitford series, but then I don't think so.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  2:23:31 PM  Show Profile
Tina- You are very, very warm........

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  4:44:58 PM  Show Profile
o.k. gee whiz, it fit her style a little, so now I gotta go figure out what book it might be in.
okey dokey.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  07:45:24 AM  Show Profile
I think we have lost interest in this. What do you think? But, here is another passage anyway! :)

"The tidal wave, the firestorm, the volcanic spew- all the things he'd dreaded had come at last, and all at once.
People were pounding him on the back, kissin him on the cheek, slapping him on the shoulder, pumping his hand. one of his old parishioners, a mite taller than himself, patted his head; another gave him a Cuban cigar, whuch Barnabas snatched off the kitchen table and ate in the wrapper."

I wonder why everyone is so happy?

Karin

Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  07:58:09 AM  Show Profile
Hey Karin...I'm not sure if I've got to be signed up for this, I didn't see anything that said I needed to be so I'm just going to jump in...lol

I'm pretty certain that this is from "A COMMON LIFE: The Wedding Story" By Jan Karon.

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  08:16:19 AM  Show Profile
YES! YES! YES!!! Yay, Liz!! E-mail me your address and I will send you something nice in the mail!! And, you get to choose the next selection!
Don't you just love Jan Karon? She is one of my favorites.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  05:42:50 AM  Show Profile
Karin - Have you received my package yet? I hope it gets there soon but it has stayed cold enough for it to be fine!

Gals, are we doing the exchange like before where each of the gals, the guesser and the question poster exchange teacups? That is the way the first was done.

Looks like you are having a great time!

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  07:50:35 AM  Show Profile
I really do enjoy Jan Karon's books! An email should be on the way to you Karin :)

And if we're doing things the way they were done the first time, with both exchanging a teacup, please let me know and Karin please email me your info! :) If no one objects I'm going to post my passage in the other thread so we've got the main one going.

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Teacup and Saucer Exchange 2- New passage! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page