Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Getting back into the swing of things...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Getting back into the swing of things... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  08:45:22 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I have felt off for a long time and I am now finally getting back into life. I need some motivation!! What gets you going? How do you get those things you hate done so you can enjoy your life? What things have helped you? Let's get some good vibes going here.
Cheers,
Heather

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  09:14:01 AM  Show Profile
Caffeine. Ha ha.

Looking ahead to things I look forward to and doing backward planning tends to help me. It puts things in perspective.

Being surrounded by encouraging people.

Reading. Reading. Reading. Looking at magazines for ideas.

Roadtrips.

Girl time, girlie vacations. Women's get togethers.

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·.
Wife of Jonathan, Mother of Joel, Caitlyn, Elia, Nathanael
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  10:02:35 AM  Show Profile
What kind of things do you like to do, Heather?
I find it REALLY hard to be motivated during our dreary winters. Our house backs on to the north side of a large rocky "hill" and we get no sunshine in the winter...sorta like living in a cave! But the sun is now coming down into our little valley in the afternoons and even a short walk in it gets me going again and wanting to gear up for spring.
I hadn't looked at my sewing room for over five years due to total burnout from sewing professionally. But I found a couple of really good deals on eBay. I bought some pretty squares and actually started making a quilt and some good quality denim and will make a couple pair of jeans that might actually fit!
Pouring through catalogues and magazines motivates me to take on new things and finish old ones.
Now if I could just get motivated to get on with my morning chores and housecleaning, life would be great!! haha
Di
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  10:21:11 AM  Show Profile
Heather,
This is my slow time of year when it is hard for me to get to things. I've found sharing my goals with a friend helps. Even just for that evening-like telling a friend that tonight I plan to do laundry-and then the next day we report what we did. Not that we always get what we said done, but most of the time it works and sometimes once I get going I get more things done.
Also, yoga and/or dance helps because I like doing them-even 5 or 10 minutes and then I feel up to a task I don't doing like much.

The longer days/sunlight are helping too.

Also, decluttering and tossing or passing to others what I no longer need makes it easier to get back on track.

Reading books, magazines-those help me too and then, I pass those on too so they don't become clutter.

Caffiene and sugar-in moderation of course! :)

Time for myself-sometimes we just need a break from everything. I'm big into pamper-me time!

Dreaming of spring and knowing it's not far away! And, just accepting Winter is slow time.

Ellen in MI :)

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2007 :  09:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Today is a day off for me but our house looks like a disaster area. So I am doing housework in short bursts while I do my laundry. But I am determined not to lose my whole day off to housework. So I work in about 10 minute intervals (half hour if I get really into something) and then for the rest of the hour while laundry dries I read a book- play computer games or whatever :). Once Doug wakes up we will spend and hour or so folding and hanging up all the laundry. So far today I have gotten half of Doug's office cleaned up, garbage collected, and 2 loads of laundry done. Also since it is above freezing I have a few windows cracked to help air out the house. I am always surprised at how much better I feel with that lovely clean air coming in.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2007 :  11:28:51 AM  Show Profile
Especially in winter it gets harder to stay on task. I have become a list maker extraordinaire, with sub lists and addendums!
I have joined our Y and schedule exercise into the day (well...most days) and I am not suffering from the winter doldrums. We have a great program so you can drop into almost any class from kickboxing(Not!), to deep water fitness, which was alot of fun. My Mom also used to tell us to up our intake of greens (broccoli, spinach, etc...) in the winter and it does seem to help just in general well being. Hang in there, Spring is almost on it's way!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Getting back into the swing of things... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page