Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Anyone have an in-home sitter?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Anyone have an in-home sitter? Next Topic  

ashcordes
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Ashley
Roann IN
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2007 :  10:01:34 AM  Show Profile
Just wondering if anyone here has a sitter who comes to their house everyday to take care of the kiddos. I am looking into hiring an Amish gal to take care of my daughter during the work days...I'll have to pick her up and drop her off at the end of the day, but I think this will be a good thing. My friend does this and she's amazed when she gets home, laundry has been done, gardening done, cleaning done, and supper started. Just wondering what other people's experiences have been with this. My daughter is sick a lot so I thought this would help her, with being in the same "usual" environment everyday, plus you can't beat napping in your own crib, in your own house, verses some place different. Let me know your advice/experiences, etc.

Thanks!

simpler1773
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Ricki
Ashland Wisconsin
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2007 :  10:31:46 AM  Show Profile  Send simpler1773 a Yahoo! Message
I'd do it in an instant if I knew someone trustworthy around here. I think it will be very nice for your daughter!

~Ricki~
You can't pour anything out of an empty vessel, take care of yourself!
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2007 :  08:29:34 AM  Show Profile
We had an in-home sitter/domestic helper when I was sick and on bed rest during my fourth pregnancy! It was perfect! It was a gal who was in her 2nd year of college and was available during the afternoons, and most importanly on the weekends---when my husband works. She was someone who had babysat for me for a few years, so she knew how I felt about attachment parenting and food etc..
It was great!!
I am sure if it weren't for Amber's help, I would have spent ALOT more time in the hospital.
She took care of the kids, cooked some, did house work etc...

We worked out an arrangement for pay, because she needed a place to live...so we provided that, and then for more hours we paid her $8 an hour for child care and $10 for heavier cleaning...

I loved having in house help...if you can get it, go for it!! Your baby will be alot healthier, probably happier too!
Good luck
Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2007 :  09:37:52 AM  Show Profile
As a nanny, a little different than you're looking for but with some of the same issues, I'd suggest putting in writing what you expect of the caregiver. If you'd like her to do cleaning-how much cleaning, how often, etc., if she'll be cooking-every evening, will you provide the menu, etc. and with the child care what you expect from her. I know this may seem like over kill but I've watched things go bad between nannies/babysitters and families pretty quick when things aren't communicated very well.

I think it's a great idea for all the reasons you listed and I think it's easier on kids if they can be in their own home with someone they know their parents trust. And if it can be a help to you around the home as well that's great! Good luck with your situation!

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Anyone have an in-home sitter? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page