Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 Any machine embroiderers? Any suggestions?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Any machine embroiderers? Any suggestions? Next Topic  

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2007 :  07:35:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi gals. I'm working with our local fire dept. to equip local firestations with animal rescucitation kits--the masks come in a black nylon bag, and the firemen would like to be able to grab it quickly, and thought an embroidered emblem might help them identify it. Like a paw print. I've looked into the premade patches, and they're too tiny, and not an impacting color. A black bag needs red or maybe even flourescent yellow? green? I don't know--
We're starting out with three donated kits, but there will be more, as a local animal rescue chapter's goal this year is to equip all local stations (and that's a LOT of stations) with these kits.

Any help, advice or information you can give is much appreciated.

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2007 :  1:20:49 PM  Show Profile
Jonni,
I have a home computerized embroidery machine and do a few things from time to time. I think your best bet would be the yellow for quick recognition.
This embroidery might be a nice thing to see if you can get donated to the fire dept. by a local commercial shop?!?!They get a tax deduction and you get the bags embroidered. Maybe even enough home sewers with embroidery machines.
Just a thought.
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2007 :  4:03:33 PM  Show Profile
Don't know if it would work for you or not, but I bought a couple of red nylon tool bags for the tools that came with my embroidery machines - I got one a few years ago that was an "entry-level" machine and finally decided to splurge last year on a higher-end one-- Anyway to get to the point: I wanted the bags to be easily identified by which machine they belonged to - and it was going to be too hard to hoop the bag itself - so I made machine-embroidered "luggage tags" out of natural-colored denim fabric and embroidered the tags "BROTHER" and "JANOME" in different colors of thread. I attached the corresponding luggage tag to the strap of the toolbag and now it is easy to pick the right one. The luggage tag itself is just a simple rectangle of fabric (I did the embroidery before cutting it) - used two layers, then put right sides together, sewed three sides, turned it, topstitched around the outside, and made a thin tube out of the same fabric for the ties. Attached the ties on the open side of the tag and topstitched it shut. If you make a loop out of the ties, you can pull the tag through the loop, around the bag handles, and it is firmly attached to the handles of the nylon bag....

Hope that made sense?

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Any machine embroiderers? Any suggestions? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page