Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Holidays
 Ideas for Hubby for Valentines Day?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Holidays: Previous Topic Ideas for Hubby for Valentines Day? Next Topic  

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  10:33:51 AM  Show Profile
I am at a loss as to what to get my hubby for valentines day. He does not have a sweet tooth so candy is out. I bought some cheap red lipstick and am planning to leave him a message with it on his bathroom mirror that morning and decorate it with hearts. I keep hoping I will come up with some romantic idea but nothing has hit me yet. Any ideas?

Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.

kitchensqueen
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

521 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  10:54:14 AM  Show Profile
We always do a nice dinner at home-- a fancy salad, steaks, and molten chocolate cakes this year. And I always make a nice hand made card (I'm using some rubber stamps he got me for Christmas). We're both still in college and married for just over a year, so we've never really had the budget for expensive gifts, but I always like the home made stuff better anyway. So I'd suggest making something-- maybe a nice framed photo or an old-fashioned love letter.

http://apartmentfarm.wordpress.com

Edited by - kitchensqueen on Feb 06 2007 10:56:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  1:47:15 PM  Show Profile
I posted this last year, I think, but what I've been doing for years is buy dh a red shirt, usually a red plaid flannel of some kind. Last year, I bought him a brushed cotton (heavy and really soft/nice) burgundy-red Carhart shirt.

I started this because when we married he had around 30 flannel shirts -- I kid you not -- most of the some sort of blue plaid. I started weeding some of them out very slowly at laundry time. I knew, though, how much he loved flannel shirts, so I knew he'd love flannel shirts for Valentine's Day. Anyway, that's what I do.

A good friend of mine told me a few weeks ago that each year she gives her dh a gift of something he's mentioned he'd like to *do*. Last year, she bought him an hour of flight instruction time, and this year she bought him a day at a minor league baseball team's camp for men who love baseball and always had dreams of playing.

Good luck finding what you're looking for!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

Persephone
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Katrina
Indiana
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  3:00:21 PM  Show Profile
I have a heart shaped notepad, and the night before, I"m going to write down all these sentences that start "I love..." and hide them all over the house, so when he goes about his morning routine, he'll find them all. Then that evening, we're going to have a dinner of aphrodisiacs, and exchange Valentines.
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  06:33:28 AM  Show Profile
Does your hubby like pizza? I made a heart shaped pizza about 3 years ago for Valentine's Day. Well, it wasn't quite heart shaped, but I tried, and hubby ate it anyways. He still talks about it. It's the thought that counts!

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  07:44:43 AM  Show Profile
I don't know if your husband likes candy or not, but you can easily make homemade turtles--and they're great!!! I bought a brown craft paper box, some little candy cups with hearts, some red tissue for wrapping, and a beatiful red dotted swiss ribbon for tying the box. I also bought him the 7th season of the West Wing, because that's his favorite...any dvd's or videos he might want?

If you're interested, I'll post the recipe for the turtles--they go over so well, and are just too simple for words.

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2007 :  05:33:38 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
I do something similar to Persephone's plan for most holidays (we're not big on gifts). I write about a dozen notes and stash them everywhere: lunch box (or right on his plate), coat or pants pockets, glovebox, in the special note caddy we have, in the book he's reading, etc. Some of them may be a little naughty (gotta to be careful now that there are children around who can read), some very silly, and all telling him how much I love him. He loves it. Just the other day I found a note that I had slipped into his jacket pocket one night ten years ago while we were still dating.

Trina

'
Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. Proverbs 27:23
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2007 :  08:14:41 AM  Show Profile
Last year I did something similar to Persephone....I took all the heart shaped sticky pads and wrote down things that I love about my man...then shaped them into a 'big'
heart on the bathroom mirror...He loved it! This year I bought him concert tickets to see John Gorka who is in our area on Saturday...Hope he likes it!

Farmgirl Blessings,
Theresa
http://theresaslavenderbox.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

primjillie
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Jill
Antelope CA
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2007 :  09:30:32 AM  Show Profile
I'm getting mine cologne. He loves to smell good, but won't buy it for himself. We have the grandkids on Valentine's Day, so it will be more of a "family" party, but that's okay!
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2007 :  8:24:11 PM  Show Profile
We usually do a dinner either out (this year in) and I make him some goodie he likes (cheesecake, chocolate chunk cookies, fudge) and usually a card (this year homemade). We don't do extravagant gifts, just something we think the other one likes or needs. I made him a 4 cd set of music he likes that he can play in his truck coming home and going to work. He will probably bring me a bouquet of mixed flowers because he knows there is never a bad day for flowers in my book! One year he got a new stainless vacuum thermos! Not romantic, but exactly what he wanted!

Theresa- I love John Gorka, hope your husband does too!

with a happy heart

Edited by - bramble on Feb 13 2007 8:25:45 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Ideas for Hubby for Valentines Day? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page