LizDarnell
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Liz
Gulfport MS
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  06:17:23 AM  Show Profile
I am looking for a recipe for Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread, with or with out raisins. I have had a great bread that an 70+ lady made, so it is an old recipe, this may have been the BEST bread I have ever had. I have done several web searches for recipes for this and come up with nothing. If anyone has a good Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread recipe I would love to try it!
Thanks
~Liz

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  07:47:58 AM  Show Profile
I found this recipe. I hope this works. It looks yummy anyway and gives a great tutorial.

http://www.thefreshloaf.com/recipes/cinnamonraisinoatmealbread

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  1:07:51 PM  Show Profile
Now, that does look yummy! Who's going to try it first and report back?!

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor

www.ragstoroses.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  1:15:25 PM  Show Profile
ok,ok I will try this tonight! I will report back to you tomorrow. You twisted my arm into make this wonderful looking bread! wink!
Off to baking!

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  8:35:54 PM  Show Profile
this looks so yummy. I bookmarked the site as it looked very informative, especially for help in teaching home ec to young girls, the step by step pictures were nice to see.
thanks for sharing the website/recipe.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  9:30:24 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, isnt the website great?! I love it! By the way, the bread has finished all of its 3 risings and is in the oven now. MMMMM! It smells so good. My poor boys, I don't know how they will ever fall asleep with the wonderful smell of cinnamon oatmeal raisin bread baking.
I will have to snitch a piece while it is still warm from the oven. I will let you know how it tasted in the morning! goodnight gurlz!

Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  07:52:23 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait for you to wake up and let us know how that bread turned out, lilpunkin. Did you make the full recipe or half it? I think I can smell it all the way over here in Georgia!

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor

www.ragstoroses.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  2:01:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness!!!!!! YUMMY! YUMMY! to my tummy! I made the full recipe last night. And it finished about 11'ish. I got a late start! But it was so worth it. It does make alot of bread, but dont worry, it will be gone in a flash. I got a little tired of waiting for that last rise, so I baked it a little sooner, it was still good, but I will wait it out next time to see if there is a difference. Also, I exchanged the flours because I wanted more wheat flour than white flour. I dont know if when you change it like that if there should be a change in any of the other ingredients. But mine turned out just fine and was wonderful. My hunny ate 3 pieces right off the bat, and then we had some this morning for breakfast. And now that I am talking about it, I will be going to get some NOW! I hope you girlz amke some and enjoy it as well.

Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2007 :  5:33:24 PM  Show Profile
This recipe made more than I'd want (three loaves instead of two) but I changed a bunch of stuff (including making it all whole wheat) and it came out wonderful. I liked the suggestion of soaking the raisins to keep them from scorching. That's always offended me. I also used an instant yeast (Saf Instant) and it rose beautifully! And I soaked the oats in hot milk and honey, and cooled it a bit before adding to the rest of the ingredients, and I threw in an egg. Gotta throw an egg in just about everything.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2007 :  09:46:11 AM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,
I made this recipe on Saturday as it just seemed like a baking day. It is wonderful and so yummy. I did get the three loaves, so gave one to each of my best buddies and kept one for us. I made some chicken salad with grapes, pecans and fresh cilantro and sliced the bread very thin. Oh my gosh - so good! I've copied a lot of other recipes from that website. They look so good and the instructions are very easy. Thanks, lilpunkin.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2007 :  11:40:41 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad that everyone is liking the bread. I dont know if it is the one that Liz was originally interested in, but hey, at least we all have enjoyed it! YUM!

Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread recipe? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page