Author Holidays: Previous Topic Valentine Ideas Next Topic  

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  1:13:29 PM  Show Profile
Well, with Valentines just around the corner, I was wondering what everyone had planned. Do you do something special on that day for your honey or for your kids?

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  1:37:49 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I avoid flower shoppes like the plague. I use to be a florist and worked in flower shops from the time I was 8 years old till I was 23 years old. Bad place to be any where near Valentines before or after the day

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  1:53:24 PM  Show Profile
We always do a nice dinner somewhere (nice doesn't always equal $$$$), and then a play or something like that. I never ask for flowers, because they die :(, but my husband always buys me calla lily's because those were in my bridal bouquet--sweet, right?

This year, we're going to a new place called "Honey", which does regional seasonal food, lots of vegetarian cuisine, and we're going to see the Ensemble Theater perform "Fiction".

Very much looking forward to it!

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page

SarahJ
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Shreveport Louisiana
198 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  1:59:33 PM  Show Profile
After Christmas, DH and I agreed that we would not spend any money (aleast under 10$), because we are trying to pay down some debt. I could use some ideas from some ladies how to make it special in a homespun way.
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  3:06:28 PM  Show Profile
I bought a tiny heart shaped cake pan many years ago. Every Valentines Day, I either make a heart shaped brownie or cookie or small strawberry cake... It's small enough for two people (hubby is not a huge cake fan) so it's just the right size. I usually make his favorite meal or we go out. He brings me chocolates, and occasionally a goofy valentines day gift...

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  4:24:09 PM  Show Profile
My husband and I both teach at the same school. There is ALWAYS some HS girl that gets flowers from an exboyfirend or someone that she just didn't want flowers from. My husband offers to buy off roses by the dozen for $5.00. He then has some of his students deliver them to my room! Sometimes they even sing love songs to me! I usually end up with about 3 dozen roses each year and he only spends about 15 bucks and the girls made 5 bucks off it. Everyone is happy!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2007 :  6:27:45 PM  Show Profile
I made two collages, one for each surviving aunt (they're in their 80s) of the women on both sides of the family from my grandmother on down, who came before me. The images are from the turn of the 20th century throughout the whole century. Came out pretty good, I think and it reminded me of how much I've learned from them and how much I love them. I wrote on them "To the Women who came before me with love and gratitude." Stuie and my kids are getting special handmade Valentines. I love reading about whateverybody is doing.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2007 :  8:01:09 PM  Show Profile
Aww! Some of these ideas are so sweet! I enjoy hearing how everyone expresses their love to one another.

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  03:33:01 AM  Show Profile
This year our church is having a special service to renew your marriage/wedding vows. Although we planned to go as a family, my son now has karate lessons. I don't think we can do it all, so I will be going alone. Oh, well, that's OK. I know my hubby loves me forever and more.

I plan to make cute Valentine's for my husband and two children. I usually make a "red" supper. This year it will be stuffed shells we can eat before everyone goes their own way. I like to bake a dessert. I made meringue kisses and they keep. I will probably make biscotti as everyone loves them with tea or hot cocoa. Just a littel bit of sweetness for my family.

As for time with hubby, we will have a nice lunch out earlier in the week after my doctor's appointment.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Persephone
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Katrina
Indiana
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  08:24:28 AM  Show Profile
We'll be exchanging Valentines, and I'm making an extra special dinner that night (if I can find wild salmon, it'll be honey glazed salmon, caviar pasta, and asparagus (note all the aphrodisiacs in that dinner! ;)) With chocolate for dessert, of course. We have a one year old, so that'll probably be as amorous as we get. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Valentine Ideas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page