Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Signed Tudor Illus. Child's Garden of Verses!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Signed Tudor Illus. Child's Garden of Verses!!! Next Topic  

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  09:35:16 AM  Show Profile
I just ordered this from the Tasha Tudor and Family website for my godson, Max. It's going to be his christening gift. When I was little, my mother read me her copy from 1948, and I read it still today. That book was and (is) my light in a dark storm.

I'm so excited about this--I'll take a photo maybe when I get it!

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  10:25:40 AM  Show Profile
Oh, yes, please do!! I love that book too and signed!!!!?????? What a lucky godson!!
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  10:55:53 AM  Show Profile
What a cool godmom you are!! How wonderful that it is signed, too; bet he will treasure it when he is older, as his mom will now. Bet he treasures you, too, but THAT is another story altogether!! Nance
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  7:22:05 PM  Show Profile
What a thoughtful gift Jonni! I have the book (not signed ) and it is indeed very lovely! So neat that you remember your mom reading it to you too.
Blessings,
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  04:55:55 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait to see the photo, how lucky to have her autograph, even luckier is your godson!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
www.photo-per-day.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  08:33:54 AM  Show Profile
Gals, I've got to say--not that I'm at all surprised, but they were the nicest people to do busines with. I actually spoke with Marjorie, Tasha's daughter in law, and she was lovely. I don't know if any of you have this site, but each family member does something involved in the business and it's just wonderful. We had a big snow here yesterday, so it took me quite a while to get home. She called me several times at home until she reached me to verify my information (at 7:30 pm), long after their office hours were over. I'm actually going to order a few prints for myself for valentines day....Gotta loves those corgis!
Here's the link in case any of you are interested.

http://www.tashatudorandfamily.com/About_Us.htm

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  08:55:06 AM  Show Profile
I have never read Tasha Tudor's writings, but I use to enjoy her art work in the "Victoria Magazine" which is now out of print. Tasha most often included her Corgie's in her art work.
I have saved 10 years worth of the magazine & would never dream of parting with them,,, I still go through them for ideas. It really was a lovely magazine. To bad it could not stay in print. I would rather curl up on the sofa with it anyday rather than watching mindless T.V., except for the HGTV craft & gardening shows.

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

simpler1773
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Ricki
Ashland Wisconsin
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  11:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Send simpler1773 a Yahoo! Message
Well I'll be drooling over that site for awhile! How neat, thanks for sharing!

~Ricki~
You can't pour anything out of an empty vessel, take care of yourself!
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  08:16:27 AM  Show Profile
Katmom--
I always loved her illustrations and Victoria mag, also. I'm so sad , too, that they couldn't continue publishing--I must have every issue they printed. My mom renewed my subscription every year from the time I was 14 until they stopped print. For a crazy anglophile like me, Tasha's corgis were just the best--Her work is so strikingly simple, but it just bowls me over.

Hope you've enjoyed the site, Ricki. It really is great, and I have difficulty choosing what I want!

Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Signed Tudor Illus. Child's Garden of Verses!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page