Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 cowboy outfit in 10 days!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic cowboy outfit in 10 days! Next Topic  

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  7:37:06 PM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
I need some ideas farmgals. My five yr old just told me tonight that for his birthday in 10 days he wants a cowboy outfit...I'm assuming this means chaps and bandana, boots, etc. Does anyone have any sewing ideas for the chaps or know a good place to look for a pattern that is not going to cost an arm and a leg and is fairly simple to make. He has asked me twice now since he went to bed if I wrote down what he told me he wanted. lol So much for the tractor I've had since the day after Christmas!

Blessings....
Sarah

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  7:51:06 PM  Show Profile
Here is a nice site:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5644_create-cowboy-costume.html

Hope this helps!
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  06:27:49 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Georgann...There are great ideas on that site.

Blessings....
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  7:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
I picked up some vinyl like material today to make the vest and chaps. Now all I need is a pattern or ideas for a pattern.

Blessings....
Sarah

Something I borrowed...
"In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." -From The Great Law Of The Iroquois Confederacy.

Go to Top of Page

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  09:19:10 AM  Show Profile
I would hit the local goodwill or thrift shop too, bandanas, hats, vest, belt, stick horse, badges, etc. Sounds like it will be a great party.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

www.vintagechica.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  10:03:33 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
I'm going thrifting today in just a bit if I can ever get out of the house. My son told me yesterday that the only reason he wants that stuff for his birthday is so that he will be ready for Halloween with a costume. Now is that thinking and planning ahead or what! lol

Blessings....
Sarah

Something I borrowed...
"In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." -From The Great Law Of The Iroquois Confederacy.

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic cowboy outfit in 10 days! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page