Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Spider or Cricket magazines?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Spider or Cricket magazines? Next Topic  

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  5:32:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
These magazines have been recommended to me and I have seen one copy of Cricket before and thought it was great. I'm going to give my girls a subscription, maybe as an Easter present. Just wondering if anyone has any old copies lying around that they would like to swap for something? The only problem of course being postage cost to Australia, but if we can work something out that would be great.
Thanks so much,
Jayne

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  7:16:37 PM  Show Profile
Jayne, you bring back memories. I haven't seen a Cricket mag for years. I didn't know they were still around. I used to love them as did my children. I'll ask my daughter if she has any around. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  7:36:58 PM  Show Profile
Love Cricket magazine. Excellent literary writing for children. Don't have any left...saved a few for a while but recently donated them. Well worth the money.

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  8:39:20 PM  Show Profile
Our local library ued to get them a while ago, but stopped - I think it became too expensive. I just love them, and Ladybug too. My favourite part is there is no advertising!!
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  03:14:17 AM  Show Profile
LOVE those magazines!! My daughter enjoyed Ladybug and Spider, but she never got into Cricket (although I liked it). I gave my library all the old issues this past summer after going through Ladybug and Spider with my son. They are really well done, keeper magazines.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  3:35:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jayne! We do have some! Which would you rather have? I'll go through the stash and see what we have and let you know. Maybe we could trade for another little gnome and some patterns for some of the toys you make or maybe some more of that awesome tea you sent me!!! I'll get back to you as to exactly what I have to send. You're right we do seem to be reading a lot of the same things and making our girls read it too!
-Megan
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  04:51:56 AM  Show Profile
Hey Megan,
Thanks so much - I'll trade whatever you would like. Just make sure you go to the post office first and find out how much it will cost you to send, and send it sea mail - I don't want you to die of shock at the price. I was already making up a little parcel to send off to you, so I will include some extra stuff. Just let me know what you would like. Oh, and I'll have either mag - my girls are 8 and 11, so I think one fits into the recommended reading age for both.
I have ordered some Steiner curriculum books from Golden Beetle Books - he is from Australia, but would you believe, I found out about him on Waldorf Homeschoolers (a US chat group)! His books never came up when I googled on Australian Steiner! He is meant to be great, a bit quirky - but I like quirky!!
Thanks and best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  09:05:09 AM  Show Profile
Sounds good Jayne,
Camden (my 8 year old) and I will go through the mags today. She is home from school today, to cold, cancelled. Some are hers and some are my older stepdaughters. we'll sort them out then I'll let you know how much I have. Just for the record, I would happily send them to you without trading for anything! But it is fun to get some good mail and it's a good excuse to have you make me another gnome!!! That is cool about the Steiner curriculum. Let me know if they you like them. I agree, quirky is good. Talk to you soon.
-Megan
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  12:22:59 PM  Show Profile
OK Jayne,
It looks like I have six Spider magazines in good condition. I thought I had some more but I must have purged some already. I'll send what I have though and hope that your girls will enjoy them. I think I still have your address.
-Megan
Go to Top of Page

PocketFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

119 Posts

Sarah
Utica New York
119 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  2:46:22 PM  Show Profile
Cricket is put out by Carus Publishing, and they have expanded their line so much. If anyone remembers Cobblestone, they publish that, too. They also do a world history one called Calliope. My oldest gets Click, which is a science magazine at the same level as Ladybug, and his Grammie got him a subscription to the archaeology magazine, Dig!, for Christmas. We love us some Carus magazines.
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  03:38:21 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much, Meg - do you want me to just make you up a surprise package? I'll try to get some more of that tea for you, but I bought it while on holidays so you'll have to let me know the name and website of the lady (I think it was called Susan's?!)
Sarah, I looked on their website and they have a few good ones. I also liked the one called Faces - features a different culture each issue.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  09:05:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jayne! NO, don't worry about the tea. I don't want you going to any extra trouble, I still have enough to last me for a little while. But yeah, a surprise package sounds great! That will be fun. Can you e-mail me your address one more time, I'm not the most organized person in the world and I'm not sure where or if I still have that envelope that my last package came in. Ok, great, I'l send it by Friday for you.
-Megan
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  8:24:59 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Megan,
I am emailing you now.
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2007 :  02:41:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi Megan,
Just wanted to let you know that the magazines arrived - thank you so much and thank Camden also. I sent you an email explaining some things, but I am sending you both out a parcel after the weekend when we finish something we are working on.
Thanks again,
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Spider or Cricket magazines? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page