Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Driving Conditions along I-64....Help?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Driving Conditions along I-64....Help? Next Topic  

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  11:00:19 AM  Show Profile
My brother is hauling horses and re-enactment equipment on I-64 through Kentucky, WV, Virginia on into Mechanicsville, Virginia for a movie set for the making of a movie about John Adams. He just called and asked for a weather update, driving conditions. I told him right now it is sunny and to push it through the mountains if they can so they aren't socked in with the horses along the highway. Any updates from Farmgirl friends about driving conditions along this route would be appreciated. They just crossed over into Kentucky around 1:45 eastern time.

I told him I'd put a call out to the Farmgirls along the way for safety updates. Thanks farmgirl friends!
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  11:12:04 AM  Show Profile
Hey Aunt George....
Kentucky I-64 should be good through Kentucky--looks like snow showers later tonight, after 7pm or so, same forecast for No. Ky. Right now, it's described as partly cloudy, which is exactly how it is here, too. I checked the Weather Channel for Louisville, Lexington, West Virginia, etc...and it looks like smooth sailing.

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  11:15:21 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Jonni,
I called my brother and let him know. I was searching on weather.com and couldn't really get a good bearing on the situation. There are four trucks in his horse caravan, but just four horses. Thanks again!! I told him to try to push it through the mountains tonight if the horses could tolerate it and if they could hold up too.

Thanks again,
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  11:20:25 AM  Show Profile
No problem...I wish him and those horses much luck--it does sound like we're going to be getting snow later this night, and tomorrow, so if he gets through Kentucky, he should be good for now. You might want to check this link (below) out on the Weather Channel.com. It's a list of all the cities east to west for I-64. You can actually look up any interstate...If you can't activate the link, cut and paste it in your browser, that way you can check his progress as he goes along.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/interstate/cities?ix=64®=us&dir=we

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Driving Conditions along I-64....Help? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page