Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Fabric section closing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fabric section closing Next Topic  

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  5:12:29 PM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
I read on another site and also heard this from an employee today that Walmart is going to be phasing out its fabric departments over the next three years. I am pretty much anti walmart these days but they may have some nice bargains coming up.

Sarah

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  6:25:27 PM  Show Profile
We have four near us (do we really need that many?)and two of them have already closed their fabric departments. Sad, but like you said, there should be good deals to be found.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  6:52:20 PM  Show Profile
That's too bad. I really like thier fabric plus it is convenient to get fabric there. We dont have any other fabric store in our area. We have a Hobby Lobby about 70 miles from here but thats it. Bummer.

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  7:23:46 PM  Show Profile
I kind of figured this is what was happening. Both of the Walmarts here have way less fabric than they used to and is doesn't look like they're replenishing the shelves. I haven't purchase from them for a long time.

The Rustic Cottage Etsy Shop http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Picture A Day Blog http://rcpicaday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knewslady
True Blue Farmgirl

555 Posts

Kathy
Russellville KY
USA
555 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  03:54:10 AM  Show Profile
Those of you who don't buy your fabric from Wal Mart are you ordering on line or from another fabric store. With our fabric department closing it really leaves me in a pickle since I supplement a large part of my income through sewing. It's not their material I will miss but the interfacing, fleece, thread, and etc. at a reasonable price.
Kathy

Will always be a farmgirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  04:01:55 AM  Show Profile
I buy all that kind of stuff from Wal-Mart too!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  9:02:41 PM  Show Profile
Our Walmart just remodeled and the fabric area was greatly reduced, which is sort of sad with regard to the quilt fabric. The Amish here even purchase their quilt fabrics at Walmart.
I was shocked to go into a regular old fabric store (not a quilt store) and find their cottons priced up to 7.99 a yard! I mean, those are quilt store prices and much too expensive for me. I did notice that they are printing coupons for like 40% off a single cut of fabric but then that brings one piece down to a reasonable price. Seems sort of fishy to me.

Jana
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fabric section closing Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page