Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2007 :  10:12:05 AM  Show Profile
Have you tried Corn Husker's lotion? I took a pottery class in college (years ago) and because the class was in the winter as well, my hands were a mess. Cracked and bleeding all the time. The only thing that worked for me was Corn Husker's lotion. Its still around. I'm not sure if its still the same formulation, as lots of companies have changed formulas over the years to keep prices down, but maybe its worth a try.

Jana
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  04:40:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi...I found that Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream works really well for me. The cold winter winds up in Canada will strip the moisture out of anyone's skin. It has colloidal oatmeal in it - I'm not exactly sure what it does, but it seems to help my hands. It's also not scented, so it's less irritating. It comes in a little tube at the drugstore.

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  10:53:38 AM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny- after reading your comment about liquid bandage, i went out and bought some this past weekend. i have horribly dry hands anyway, but this past saturday we went and volunteered at a local furniture bank where recently homeless can come and get free furniture and housewares to furnish an apartment. i had the job of organizing the bookshelves.the books were SO dusty and the warehouse i was in was not climate controlled and it was FREEZING! needless to say, i can home after two hours with some serious split fingertips. they burned all day. after i go the liquid bandage and applied it, they instantly stopped hurting and the liquid bandage lasted several days and my fingers are now healed. AWESOME stuff! thanks!

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  04:14:57 AM  Show Profile
Bumping this up. The link to Missy's store is in here.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Cracked Hands Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page