Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  3:19:31 PM  Show Profile
I was thinking about buying the book,"WHERE WOMEN CREATE" is that a good idea, has anyone here seen the book?
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  3:36:55 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, isn't that the book where a number of women open up their studios or crafting rooms and talk about how to set up an area for a business? Maybe try to get it from a library first. It does look like a nice book. How much is it? 25 OK 50 check it out first. You seem pretty creative already. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  3:47:58 PM  Show Profile
I've checked that book out of the library -- enjoyed it, but it isn't the kind of book that I'd purchase -- that is, it doesn't have patterns or how-tos but rather tons of 'inspirational' pictures of women's work spaces. I tend to use my library for 'inspiration' books. . . . purchasing very few home decor / craft books -- I do purchase some craft books with patterns and projects and also purchase some garden reference books (again, using the library for garden inspiration books).
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  9:50:00 PM  Show Profile
I have the book...Debbie Thiebault (? sp) was holding a trunk show at a favorite shop of mine...her "design space" is featured in the book. I got sucked into the moment and bought the book. It's nice to look at, but really, better to just check it out from the library -- or borrow it from someone who made the unnecessary purchase ;-]

I'm heading south for the winter. Some parts of my body already have a head start!
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2007 :  11:23:23 PM  Show Profile
I have the book, as well. I liked it...but wish more of the studios were in tune with the kind of themes I like. Many are boring, in my opinion. But there are a couple that are great and this is why I bought it. I actually bought it from Amazon without seeing it first. If you have the funds and like books...buy it. But if the budget is tight...get your local libray to order it in and look at it. I love picture books...so it is just one more for me to pull out from time to time and gawk at. Not bragging, but my studio is every bit as interesting and fun and full of stuff as any in the book. Maybe I should do a book on my studio. :) I have been collecting stuff for many years...and have finally outgrown my space. One day I will post photos on my blog.

Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  09:16:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nancy Jo,

I have the book and like it. If your local library does not have it, let me know and I will lend you mine. Just email me with your address.

Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  09:54:50 AM  Show Profile
Thankyou girls. I guess I will have a look at the one at the library. Pam, you should get your own book, I bet your work area is book worthy for sure. Laura, how sweet to offer the book loan, but I called and the Library has it.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  6:40:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the encouraging words, Nancy Jo. Maybe one day when I have a big snough space for photo shoots. It is so cramped in there it is hard to move around. It is a wonder I can get anything made in there at all!
I did make 30 glass glitter crowns over the last couple of weeks. I will post on my blog in a day or so when the finaly touches are on them. They will be for sale after the event in which I made them for.
I did get my "Where Woman Create" out last night and looked at it again. I love Wendy Addisons space.
Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic IS IT WORTH BUYING? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page