Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 No. KY finally got snow...and the world is closed!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic No. KY finally got snow...and the world is closed! Next Topic  

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  08:46:37 AM  Show Profile
I was so happy to see that the weatherman had't fibbed to us again, and we truly did get 3 inches of snow! It's so pretty and my dogs have been tearing around (so the yard looks a little gross, now) but they've been having such fun! Unfortunately, the general population of No.Ky doesn't share my enthusiasm, and all the churches are closed, and certain stores, etc...Silly folks.

Today, also, we go down to the country to Rabbit Hash, Kentucky, to the general store from 1830 so my husband and band can play around the potbelly stove--which I sure hope will be heating up good!!!!

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  08:52:32 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like fun Jonni! Will he be playing his christmas present?
Be careful driving, sounds like they don't know what to do with snow!
3" isn't so much, bet it will make the ride prettier, hope it's not icy though! Have a good time!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  09:20:48 AM  Show Profile
Morning, Bramble--
Yes, indeedy, he will be playing his Christmas gift! I'm going to take photos today, and I will post them tomorrow--I think you gals would really like Rabbit Hash!

It's a potluck, too, so I've made up some bean soup with ham bone and we'll be on our way, but CAREFULLY!

I learned to drive in the U.P. of Michigan, so this is cake!

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  10:47:32 AM  Show Profile
We got our predicted 2-4" of snow here in Chicago too. It is really postcard beautiful out My 3.5 year old son and I had tons of fun shoveling and sledding. We really worked up an appetite for lunch. Enjoy your music & potluck. That's my husband's favorite kind of soup.
Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic No. KY finally got snow...and the world is closed! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page