Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2007 :  9:14:31 PM  Show Profile
Well, my littlest one, Arthur, now has two little jaggly, sawblade beginnings of teeth in the middle of his lower gum as of tonight. What misery teething must be! I am SO glad I don't remember getting my own teeth! The poor little thing... now he's sound asleep after crying so much. I just hate to see little soft loverly babes suffer for any reason...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  07:42:17 AM  Show Profile
Have you tried the Hyland's Teething Tablets -- homeopathic ones they sell at WalMart? They really work and are very safe.

Hugs to you and your little one,

Holly

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  12:46:17 PM  Show Profile
Libbie- When my kids were small I would give them a whole, peeled, icy cold carrot to bite on. The cold helped with sore gums, the pressure helped the teeth come through and the carrot itself was good for them (for whatever they got from it.) Use a nice big fat one, so no accidental breaking off.
Good luck, this is such a tough time for little guys and gals.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  1:37:43 PM  Show Profile
We've had great success with Hyland's tablets too and have found them at our local food Co-op. Jack has 6 teeth now at almost 1-year old...only 14 more to go! Right there with you, Libbie!!

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  9:55:36 PM  Show Profile
Okay farmgirls - got the Hylands tablets AND a bag of big, thick carrots! Did a late-night market run so I'll give these a try if Arthur wakes up tonight (okay, WHEN he wakes up tonight wailing). It's so nice not to feel alone!!!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2007 :  06:42:33 AM  Show Profile
Hey Catherine and Libbie! We have the six teeth now and are awaiting the rest too! Luckily, it seemed the first two were the only ones that gave us trouble. I never used the tablets, but had to resort to Baby Tylenol cold stuff because he was so conjested and running a fever too. It's pretty hard when your mouth hurts, you're running a fever, your bottom hurts and you can't even blow your own nose yet! After we got over that bumpy week, "A" likes to chew so I put small damp baby washclothes in the freezer and let him chew away. He also loved frozen green beans! Can't offer much beyond that, but I hope both of you get some sleep and respite soon! Hugs!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2007 :  07:17:19 AM  Show Profile
I just love hearing about all of these new teeth! A topic only a mother could love, no? We're having a calm morning - no teething troubles so far, but, bramble, I've put a couple of his little washcloths in the freezer, too. I am GOING to be prepared for this! I'll bet your little ones look so cute with their six little teeth! And Lorij - the encouragement is working wonders for this tired mama - thank you!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Persephone
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Katrina
Indiana
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2007 :  2:54:36 PM  Show Profile
OH, teething! This is quite possibly the worst thing as far as sleep goes, since she was a newborn! My one year old is getting ALL FOUR of her first set of molars right now! And that's right on the tail of teething through two more of her incisors! Poor baby, no one's getting any sleep right now. :( We use Hylands too, and it seems to work. The "warning" on the bottle cracks me up: "Please note, if your baby has been crying or is very upset, your baby may fall asleep after using this product because the pain has been relieved and your child can rest." In my mind, it sounds like, "Warning: use of this product may cause relief." lol!
Go to Top of Page

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  3:02:26 PM  Show Profile
I ditto the Hyland's Teething Tablets. We use them on my grandson and my great-nephew and we swear by them.

Shelle
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2007 :  10:31:04 PM  Show Profile
we have used the Hylands tablets and they are great. I am glad to see you girls all feel the same way. when you freeze the carrot, you might want to do it in a mesh bag similar to the kind you do delicate laundry in, just incase a piece comes off, that way the litle babe does not choke when you least expect it. Good luck, some of my kids had fits getting teeth and others it never affected at all, it is a hard thing to live through for the kids and parents,too.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  11:35:55 PM  Show Profile
Okay, now it's the TOP two little teeth. He's been much better about these two, and, yep, I'm a Hylands convert! Thanks, farmgirls, for the tip!!!(and Arthur thanks you, too!)

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

greentea
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Alicia
Wisconsin
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  12:37:48 PM  Show Profile  Send greentea an AOL message  Send greentea a Yahoo! Message
I love reading this post. I think I'm working on about 2 hours sleep, thanks to the two little teeth that my 8mo is working on....I'll have to try these tables. How do they work?
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  1:05:16 PM  Show Profile
they are very easy...they simply melt away on your baby's tongue or you can disolve them in a very small amount of water on a spoon. and they are marvelous little things to have on hand.
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  3:40:01 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the good tips girls! We are just at the beginnings of teething...lots of drool and everything needs to be chewed on and a little cranky but not nights yet. So, the suggestions are great! I've heard Hylands is the way to go, but the wash cloth and carrot ideas are great too! Thanks Ladies! You all are the best.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  7:42:25 PM  Show Profile
he...he
Hey girls, when my daughter was a baby and she was teething, I was told by an elderly woman that it was a sign that there was another on the way. I thought she was crazy, as my daughter was only 3 months old.
My son was born 3 hours after her first birthday.
Thank goodness he was not early for teething.
MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/
Go to Top of Page

greentea
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Alicia
Wisconsin
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  07:33:13 AM  Show Profile  Send greentea an AOL message  Send greentea a Yahoo! Message
I tried the wet washcloth last night and he fell back to sleep with it!

But, still his biggest frustration is the runny nose. He wakes up because he can't breath. (poor little guy)
Go to Top of Page

threebusybees
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Mandi
Myrtle Beach South Carolina
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  6:21:54 PM  Show Profile
Hyland's is wonderful! There's another product called Camilia I think it's a liquid mainly chamomile if the Hyland's doesn't work for you. My kids all like frozen mini bagels actually frozen anything. When they get old enough you can make your own rusks by super toasting slices of whole wheat bread finger style(small slices) brushed with melted butter and water or olive oil. I toasted them on cookie racks to get the all over texture. My kids loved them!
Mandi
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  8:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am so glad you ladies are chatting about this topic. I can’t believe that within the year Nora will probably be getting her first teeth! I am going to make sure we have the Hyland’s tablets on had in our baby kit.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  11:35:43 AM  Show Profile
I found this topic today since I decided to do a search for natural teething relief. Is there any other natural relief other than Hylands tablets? Are there herbs, essential oils, anything I can do for my lil man cutting his 1st year molars? Any tips would be helpful! I've given him lots of stuff to gnaw on and since he isn't sick and teething is normal I don't want to give him tylenol. Thanks!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  6:38:23 PM  Show Profile
The company I am a rep for sells teething stuff, and are going to be selling hylands (They did carry them before, but discontinued after the recall) but they also carry teething necklaces and anklets-the amber is supposed to really help with the pain. Does anyone have any experience with these teething anklets or necklaces?

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kristi_Lynn
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Kristi
Shore acres Texas
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  07:07:48 AM  Show Profile
Hylands Teething Tablets were recalled and I've been waiting for them to get back on the market... Ugh my poor baby! I've tried everything.
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  12:13:50 PM  Show Profile
We LOVE our amber teething necklace!!! (we use the Hylands when we need something "extra" but that isn't often). There are other things you can do, clove oil comes to mind (boil some cloves to get the liquid out...) but you would have to find more info as I don't have it, we tried it once and it didn't do much for us (but that was on the first sans teething necklace). We will buy a necklace for the upcoming baby before its born!
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  3:49:25 PM  Show Profile
I found these homeopathic teething pellets from a company called Humphrey's. I got them at Walgreen's. You are supposed to let them dissolve in water first which I didn't know and I just gave my son two of them and even without dissolving they work (in my opinion) better than Hyland's did for my daughter but again two different kids and with them not being on the market right now who knows if they would have helped my son anyway. Finally found something natural besides Hylands. I want to try an amber necklace! I heard they work really well!!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  2:34:58 PM  Show Profile
I can't tell if my baby is teething or not! She's been a bear lately, acting like she's chewing gum, drooling, chewing everything, but I'll be darned if I can see the start of a tooth! She's 5 and a half months old. I'll update here when we get those teething tabs back in stock, but if anyone wants a teething necklace/anklet I'd love to help. :)

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  2:43:19 PM  Show Profile
Megan, do you make/sell them?

Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Teething!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page