La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2007 :  10:10:18 PM  Show Profile
Well, for the third time since I was a little girl it snowed in our area of So Cal. Not at my house though - just rain. I find the whole thing humorous compared to what the rest of the country is going through. But every local channel has - STORM WATCH!!! 2007 - like our 2 inches is even worth mentioning, much less devoting half a news program to. By the time the news came on they were zooming in on the tiniest patch of slush and making a big deal about it.

God help us if it ever really does snow. So Calians couldn't handle driving in what little bit we got.

I'm hoping, praying for rain. We are so far behind our seasonal averages and need a good soaking.

Stay warm all.

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2007 :  10:24:28 PM  Show Profile
We are hoping for rain here too - really bad drought. So I will be hoping and praying for you too. I have seen the storms and the black ice on TV here - there isn't really anywhere in Australia that people actually live in snow conditions. It only snows on the high mountains, where the ski resorts are. But sometimes it does snow in the towns lower down, about once every 5-10 years.
Here's hoping the rains come soon,
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  9:52:19 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jennifer of Moorpark, greetings from Grace in Moorpark....are you on the college side or the High school side...?

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2007 :  3:29:02 PM  Show Profile
Greetings Grace,

I live at the west end of town on a small street that is zoned for animals(except horses). My daughter is in 4-H and raises lambs, chickens and rabbits for the county fair.

Good to meet you. I haven't heard of any other Ventura County ladies on the forum.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2007 :  5:13:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jen,
I live off TerraRejada & Peach Hill...
I posted in the Gen Chat Forum to see if there are any other MJF gals in our area.
Hopefully there are and maybe in the Spring we can plan a "coffee Date" to say Hi & chat.
How long have you lived in Moorpark? I am a newbie, I have only lived here for 10 years. Made the big move from Thousand Oaks LOL! We love it here but when I retire we will be moving most likely to Spokane Wash. But until then I will continue to enjoy life here.

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  11:28:03 AM  Show Profile
I've lived here for almost 20 years. Made the long trek from Newbury Park where I grew up. I too am thinking of moving out of the area when I retire or become independantly wealthy. I love it too, but with the city's plans to expand and build it may be a little too crowded for me in the coming years.

I haven't seen any posts from ladies in our area. Your Spring "coffee" sounds fun. It would be nice to get a group of ladies together. I'll look for your other post also.

Well, I best get back to work.
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Snow in So Cal Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page