Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Support
 Technical Support
 Strange things are happening ...HELP!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Technical Support: Previous Topic Strange things are happening ...HELP! Next Topic  

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  07:47:34 AM  Show Profile
When I try to log in it says" You have logged in successfully..." but when I try to access anything it says I am not logged in and my name and the ***** for my password are blank again. Also, when I try to edit from my profile or email anyone I am not able. We haven't changed any settings so I am curious if there is something going on with the site? Jeannie was having the email problem last week and I don't think she got it resolved either. Yesterday I had to REFRESH every subject I wanted to look at and that has never happened and there was a weird message that said:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error'800a01fb'
An exception occurred:'rs.Open'
/snitz/active.asp,line 307
This was on a MJF page and in the sites type so I am assuming that there is/was a glitch somewhere yesterday?
Could someone please check and let me know? Thanks a bunch!

with a happy heart

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  08:10:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi Bramble, I have been receiving the same refresh problem and error message that says something about internal server error and a number. I am wondering if it has something to do with the extreemly high rate of new visitors to the sight sort of clogging up. Also while on the site the last two days I have been attacked but norton has caught the worm at the back door and blocked it.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  09:14:04 AM  Show Profile
I had this happen too! It seems to be working today.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  1:12:58 PM  Show Profile
I received this message too, but not just at MJ's site... I think it was a Microsoft thing yesterday. I have not received any virus warnings or attacks, but then I am heavily protected... that firewall must be working! yeah!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  1:36:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info, that helps with yesterday's problem and I did see our icons for protection popping up several different times yesterday but assumed they are always at work. We have some sort of built in maintenance program that sweeps, compresses and filters (whatever THAT means!),but we did crash back in Nov. from a site visited from MJF.
I still can't log in or edit however. Any ideas?

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  1:41:24 PM  Show Profile
Bramble, you might try going in and removing all of your cookies, which is what remembers passwords, etc. and clear your history. Maybe then reboot after that. Sometimes it's hard to pin these things down, but a reboot will usually help.

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  2:03:12 PM  Show Profile
I do that each time I finish with the computer so that is not the cause either. Thanks, I'm still trying...

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  2:47:18 PM  Show Profile
I keep getting some of those weird messages too,

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2005 :  06:37:52 AM  Show Profile
Bramble, just to throw in my two cents, I still canont email anyone from this site. I have come to the conclusion that some little something got changed when I downloaded one of my Microsoft critical updates. They say in order to keep your security up to date, these updates must be downloaded, but ever since I did one, I get a little graphic that looks like a homepage with a big red x on it, meaning that whatever function I am trying to do is not allowed. So, guess I will just chat with you all here, and forget emailing! I have searched all internet opotions, logged off and deleted cookies, etc., but this setting/option is one I cannot find to change. Ah well.....
jpbluesky

Heaven gives its glimpses only to those
Not in position to look too close.
from "A Passing Glimpse" by Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2005 :  09:13:31 AM  Show Profile
Maybe the MSN updates are what has changed something we can't find, we get and do them all the time as well. I can't even open my hotmail right now (all week) so we have to figure it out soon. I'll let you know if we uncover something. Thanks...

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2005 :  09:35:59 AM  Show Profile
Ahhh, that explains that Bramble! I did email you from the connection, so I'll wait patiently for your reply.

Girls, these troubles are quite annoying, and time consuming. I know we have computer repair places here that charge about $60 an hour and will bill in 30 minute increments. Might be worth checking out locally, and relieve yourself of these glitches. Just a thought.

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  04:08:58 AM  Show Profile
I will go to the library and collect the missing mail today. Will reply w/different email for you Clare. Unfortunately, we have not been able to find anyone under 150.00 for repairs and that is with a four-six week wait! Ah the joys of living in an overpopulated area!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2005 :  2:15:47 PM  Show Profile
I keep getting internal server errror when I am on this site...What is causing this? Is it because there is a lot of traffic or is it something else. It's driving me crazy!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2005 :  2:41:06 PM  Show Profile
I sometimes get this message and I came to the conclusion that more traffic may be the reason. Perhaps the site is posting a new comment at the same time you are trying to do the same thing. I say this because the next time I try to post or view the same thing, I will not get an error message but everything will work fine. In other words, it is usually only momentary. Which tells me that simutaneous activity may be the culprit.
jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2005 :  6:10:47 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I subscribe to all the forum and I noticed one called Member Problems and harassment (something like that) but no messages. What happened?? Was someone being rude?

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2005 :  7:46:03 PM  Show Profile
It was an unusual post, Kim. Carol has resolved the issue.

Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  10:22:17 AM  Show Profile
I have been having trouble for about three days, I have to put in my user name and password everytime I change pages,It used to save mine and I never had to use it almost didn't remember it. and am unable to send anyone an e-mail, I wanted to cantact Kim to see if she rec'd the book so Kim if you're reading this let me know

http://bumpercrop.blogspot.com/
I was Country before Country was COOL
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  10:31:06 AM  Show Profile
Arlene, This problem was addressed in another post. Please read here for tips from Carol to resolve this problem:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2052

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic Strange things are happening ...HELP! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page