Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  2:30:51 PM  Show Profile
someone had asked me what our weather here is like. well today we had a bit of scattered showers, then in mid afternoon it cleared up to where we were able to go outdoors and enjoy a bit of sunshine. temperatures were at about 72-74 degrees , but high humidity at about 72 percent.
yesterday we had a beautifully sunny day at 68 degrees. A bit odd for this time of year to have temps so warm, and I did notice that already my flowering maple and other maple tree are starting to get buds on them already....yikes!
We do generally see a freeze with frost around Easter time every year here. We are expected to see a bit chillier weather towards the end of the week, the rains usually preceed our cold bouts here.
Anyhow..there's my weather report from North Florida.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  3:52:14 PM  Show Profile
After finding an online temperature conversion (we measure in Celcius here), I found out, Tina, that your 72 degree day is warmer than the weather we are having at the moment, in the middle of summer! We have had crazy weather this summer, boiling hot then freezing cold and even snow in some places, which is unheard of. One of the mountains near my brother's place had snow on the top and bushfires lower down the slopes on one day.
I hope all this strange weather isn't indicative of the planet's future, due to global warming, etc.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic North Florida weather Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page