owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  3:14:46 PM  Show Profile
I don't know if any of you watch P. Allen Smith on PBS, but I watch when I remember to and he always does a virtual yard/garden makeover on a house with just a picture to go by. Well, after watching today I went outside and took a picture of the front of my house and printed it out. Now I'm going to sketch and doodle right on the printout (it's on cheap copy paper) and see what I come up with. I may even cut out some pics of flowers and bushes and see how they look against my house. I think I'm suffering from cabin fever and just want to see flowers so bad. Besides, being a new house for me and previously owned by a single guy, there are no gardens, flower beds, nothing but a bunch of trees. I think I'll get out a calendar and count the days until Spring!

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  4:05:08 PM  Show Profile
What a great idea! And, you can change your mind for as long as you have printer ink!! Have fun!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  5:48:12 PM  Show Profile
I'm a big P. Allen Smith fan too. I really love his books, especially his container ones. Your idea of printing pictures of your house to sketch on is great! I've been slowly redoing and putting new flower beds in my yard. We've lived here 4 years now and I'm really anxious to get the yard done the way I want. Have fun drawing and dreaming!
Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  05:36:20 AM  Show Profile
We've been here 3 years. The house was owned by a couple for 50 years that had a few beds here and there. Then it was owned for 2 years by a couple that both worked, had a baby, wasn't interested, ect! So I have had a ball expanding the gardens, making new, bringing back the rosebushes ect! This is the hardest time of year b/c your waiting to see what is going to come back and if your plans worked and all that! I am not much of a winter gal to begin with! Hope you can show us pictures of your progress!
I do like to watch P. Allen Smith, I have never read one of his books.

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Beemoosie on Jan 15 2007 06:07:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  06:06:04 AM  Show Profile