Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Back to a place of happiness and content
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Back to a place of happiness and content Next Topic  

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  11:09:57 AM  Show Profile
I have sat myself down and reviewed what makes me happy. I was remembering this forum and the joy I had when participating, so here I am.
Some online venues just give that feeling of peace and happiness and this is one of those.
Life gets busy and all the new social media had it’s moment, but those are somewhat short lived for me. With the exception of Instagram. I am not much for drama or keeping up with the “Jones’s”. My family is somewhat dysfunctional and are difficult to handle in real let alone behind the shield of the screen.
For 2017 I have decided to take care of me and do what makes me happy! Now not to say that I do not want to help others or do good deeds, I do and will and I also reap joy from those. However I plan to do those on my terms and not from being guilted or obligated into it by others.
It has been quite some time since I been here, so I will share a bit about myself. I am 43 and work in the corporate world in computers. I LOVE cross stitch, I enjoy gardening and canning. I volunteer at my local library once a month. I strive for simplicity in most things. This year I am keeping a paper journal, I am enjoying the peace that pen to paper is bringing me.

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6921 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6921 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  11:31:20 AM  Show Profile
We all have to start from somewhere and what makes us happy is the best place to begin. Welcome back to the Farm. Check out the Garden Gate Forum where we're planning our 2017 gardens.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6945 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6945 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  12:16:29 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back! I completely agree with taking care of yourself first and doing what makes you happy. That in turn will actually help you and your family. May you find peace and happiness in all your activities. I hope to see you around the Farm and get to know you better!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  1:03:44 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back and I look forward to hearing more from this year as you find a new balance in your life. We all benefit from new ideas, new insights, and encouragement for change. You are so right to recalibrate your life and focus on what is really important and working for you! Thank-you for sharing!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2017 :  06:37:22 AM  Show Profile
I hear you echoing! I closed my fb account about two days after the presidential election in November. I just could NOT be a witness to all the hateful language, so I opted out. I found after a while that I missed seeing pictures of my far-flung family, so I have opened a new account and am SLOWLY building my friend list -- it's mostly family and a few close friend who live far away. Anything political or negative gets blocked immediately. I just don't have room in my brain, heart, world, life for the negatives.

I also feel you on the paper journaling. There is something so satisfying about the pen on the page. Even if it's something nonsense -- it's a good feeling. I have been using an MJF datebook since sometime last year and found that, in spite of all the electronics that I use, I love my paper datebook. It's interesting how many people have stopped me to look at the cover, too! Mary Jane always chooses the prettiest and most feminine artwork, somehow.

While on my walk this morning, I was thinking that maybe I have been letting myself drift into starting the day on a less-than-positive note, so I am going to go back and pick up my Little Book of Awesome and start reading an entry a day again. I did a merit badge last year where you read it daily for a month, and I really enjoyed it. Time to get that back out and get POSITIVE again!

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13625 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13625 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2017 :  07:56:18 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome back, "Bridge". I certainly understand where you're coming from. I've had to make many "adjustments" in my priorities in my life. Of course, the things that come our way that we don't expect and certainly don't plan or want are things that define our character by the way we handle them.
With health struggles over the past 3 1/2 years I've had to learn a lot of new lessons and make a lot of those adjustments!
Hoping we all can find that "place" that brings us more peace and happiness!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2017 :  1:08:39 PM  Show Profile
First off .......I just luv this place and this is why :)
Everyone is so positive and helpful, and I really can feel the hugs thru this electronic box. That is something I have not found anywhere else(online)

I had to laugh.....I have closed my Facebook a few times and usually go back. I have it now, but I really only use it for a couple stitching groups and local news. I am teetering on removing the App from my phone, as it can be a time waster and distraction. I do like Instagram, but mostly because I use it as a stitching photo diary. I tried a blog, but I fell way behind (or felt like I did).

I also want to start my day with a better pace, I have gotten in a bad habit of rush rush rush.
I want to get up earlier and actually drink a cup of coffee and enjoy looking out the window, before rushing out the door to just rush rush thru the day.
I have been gaining a little bit each morning, so I might be a turtle but I will get there eventually.
In general.....I really want to SLOW that rush rush rush down! Why are we always rush rushing our days away??

I also have been bringing my lunch to work and this is paying off in a multitude of ways!
Better/healthier food,saves money, gives me a tiny bit of cross stitch time, miss lunch with the gals group in my dept (aka. drama team), occasionally visit with others.
Sometimes small changes can bring lots of joy!

Take time to be happy,
Bridge
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Back to a place of happiness and content Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page