Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 chapter leader Sustainablity Tea
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic chapter leader Sustainablity Tea Next Topic  

gardengirl
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Stone Ridge NY
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  6:50:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi ...Just wanted to take a minute to tell you about our latest project .... we are holding a Sustainablity Tea ... we are getting together this Sunday to talk about how we can over grow and share veggies flowers ... child care ,cooking .... where our food is coming from and how we get it .... Best wishes to all! Nicci (And Sow On )

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  8:58:16 PM  Show Profile
That sounds like an interesting project. And a fun thing to do also. Let us all know how it went. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  11:51:18 PM  Show Profile
That sounds so wonderful! I'd love to hear how it goes and what you all end up talking about and deciding to do. What a great way to get new ideas and help each other out. Cool!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

gardengirl
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Stone Ridge NY
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  11:21:34 AM  Show Profile
I just picked up organic apples and plan to make a pie to go with the herbal tea that we will mix together ... Everyone is bringing food to share as well as seed catalogues ... I will keep you updated ... Blessings ...Nicci

Together we make a difference!
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  9:22:03 PM  Show Profile
Nicci,
That sounds great - I'd love to join in on something like that! Let us know how it went, especially any good ideas you gals come up with.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

gardengirl
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Stone Ridge NY
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  4:36:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi.. it was fantastic! 7 woman and 7 children and 2 husbands(helpers) ....I am bushed ...will report in on the details soon ... A great day! Blessings and best wishes ,Nicci

Go to Top of Page

gardengirl
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Stone Ridge NY
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  11:56:28 AM  Show Profile
The Tea was wonderful...Brooke brought a sour dough starter that was 30 yrs old to share with everyone ... she created a small book for us on how to use the starter .... really sweet .... we spoke about an local festival called the "Family Farm Festival" and how to help support the event ... (I will attend a Slow Foods event at New World Home Cooking Tue night and approach the chef to do a benefit dinner )... we spoke about the factory farm industry and Why Good People eat bad food ... we spoke of Linda Brooke's brother's CSA that feeds 40 families ... dairy ,eggs, produce and grain all year long and they never turn down someone that wants to be a member .... herbalists exchanged sources ... we spoke of protest to inform vs living as a shining example ...parenting ... what we were cooking and how .... green building and what community means to us ....I arranged for two exchanges for child care ....the food was tasty ...cookies ... pies ... bean dips, fresh bread ...egg and dill tea sandwiches and tea .... so good and so satisfying! Best wishes to all. Nicci

Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  3:53:51 PM  Show Profile
Great, Nicci, sounds so inspiring! It must be great to have others to chat about with all these issues.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2007 :  8:35:11 PM  Show Profile
That sounds so wonderful! I think I'm going to plan a tea modeled on yours for our farmgirls here locally - thank you so much for the great idea and for letting us know how it went! Way to go!!!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic chapter leader Sustainablity Tea Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page