Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 The Farmgirl Forum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic The Farmgirl Forum Next Topic  

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2005 :  06:26:46 AM  Show Profile
I read a post elsewhere on this site that referred to two other farm and country life forums/websites. So I went to visit them and see what they are like. I came away with this thought.

The Farmgirl Connection is much more visually pleasing.
It has class and never goes over the line of good taste.
It feeds on positive thinking and thrives on it.
It is safe and earnest, and just like coming home to a farmhouse.

Visiting the others sites only reinforced how much I love this one.

jpbluesky

Heaven gives its glimpses only to those
Not in position to look too close.
from "A Passing Glimpse" by Robert Frost

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2005 :  06:45:36 AM  Show Profile
You are so right JP!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2005 :  06:59:40 AM  Show Profile
I would have to agree with you girls since this was the first forum I ever had any inclination to join in. I think those that come to this site are thoughtful, resourceful, independent for their own sake, and all of us a bit dreamer and romantic. We are generous, helpful and caring which sometimes the modern world seems to have little time for. We also know there are boundaries and rules of decent behavior that are not to be crossed whether you can be seen or not. Our mommas raised us right and it shows!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2005 :  07:07:49 AM  Show Profile
So well said Bramble...This is the first forum I have ever joined and I am surprised by how much I have had to discuss! I am normally a quiet, reserved type! I feel right at home here. Most people who post here ARE very thoughtful and considerate and the ones that are not usually do not stay long.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2005 :  08:25:26 AM  Show Profile
I've joined other forums around the web, and just never seemed to stay with them, lost my interest easily, or whatever. I'm so proud to be part of this group! You've got me whether you want me or not!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2005 :  1:45:09 PM  Show Profile
Mollymae- you are wanted!
jpbluesky

Heaven gives its glimpses only to those
Not in position to look too close.
from "A Passing Glimpse" by Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2005 :  2:52:51 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farm Girls I had never participated in a chatroom in my life until I joined this one. It has added so much joy to my daily life that I will always be grateful.

I do feel that we are all truly good, caring people who are not wrapped up in gluttonous consumer consumption.

I send a toast and good wishes that we will continue on for many years. Perhaps we will even get to meet one day!

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2005 :  3:17:16 PM  Show Profile
I raise a toast too! Mine is ice cold suntea with a little fresh squeezed lemon! I hope someday we can all meet too! MJF FarmFair and Farmgirl Campover eating BakeOvers and ChillOvers and fellowship would be heaven! That's alot of "overs"!!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2005 :  10:26:45 PM  Show Profile
has anyone tried the chillover powder yet?? It sure intriges me...I want to order that next time I order.

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic The Farmgirl Forum Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page