Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Jaxon Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2016 :  7:45:53 PM  Show Profile
My dog Jaxon is in the ICU at the emergency animal hospital and is very sick. They don't know what's wrong with him. It started with a head tilt several weeks ago and now he can barely move his hind legs, but his front legs are good. The vet neurologist did a spinal tap today but won't know the results till Monday. I visited him today and he seemed alert and was wagging his tail but he wouldn't look at me. I think he didn't want me to know how bad he felt. They need to do an MRI but I need to come up with some more money cause it is expensive. I applied for a loan last week but won't know till next week if I am approved. Please pray that I get the loan and for Jaxon to recover. he is only four years old and has always been very healthy till a few weeks ago. He is such a happy, sweet dog and everyone at the clinic loves him. So do I! Please pray for my puppy.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog on Tumblr: eclecticstarlightcollectorbluff

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2016 :  8:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Cindy,
I'm so sorry Jaxon is so ill and you are going through this. I will be praying!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2016 :  08:34:14 AM  Show Profile
I'm praying for you and your Jaxon, Cindy.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2016 :  2:43:02 PM  Show Profile
Thank you! I visited him today and he is much better. He can walk (still wobbly) and he ate some dog biscuits and played with a toy I brought for him. He may not need an MRI depending on the results of the spinal tap. That would save me about two thousand dollars. The vet thinks he may have meningitis, but he is responding well to treatment. God is good!
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7581 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7581 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2016 :  3:18:52 PM  Show Profile
how do dogs get meningitis? Poor baby! I am glad he is doing better?
My prayers go up for continued healing for Jaxon and for you too Cindy!

Blessings.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2016 :  7:44:08 PM  Show Profile
I'm not sure how dogs get it. I have been reading articles on-line in vet journals and there are about a dozen different types they can get. and about four or five ways they can get it---if that's what it is. He is being seen by a vet who specializes in neurology and also teaches neuroscience at the university level. It is a long drive over there (in Missouri). There is only one vet in the entire St. Louis area who specializes in neurology. He may have to be on medication a long time, maybe the rest of his life. But his prognosis is good.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7581 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7581 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2016 :  8:16:12 PM  Show Profile
Well that is good news for your sweetie. I will keep him in my prayers.

You take care too!

Blessings

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2016 :  8:49:50 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Glad to hear he is better! Praying he will continue to improve! Praying for you too!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2691 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2691 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2016 :  10:57:40 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, love and prayers being sent to Jaxon for a full recovery. Our pets are out family too! Thinking of you and sending love and positive thoughts your way! (( Hugs ))

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6928 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6928 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2016 :  11:11:05 AM  Show Profile
Poor little guy. I hope he can get well soon and good news will be in your near future. If you don't get the loan and need the money look into Care Credit. That is what I used for my dogs surgery and it has helped big time.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2016 :  5:07:02 PM  Show Profile
Good news! I was approved for the loan! Now I can pay for the MRI cause the spinal tap shows that his spinal fluid is normal. But something is definitely wrong and we need to find out what it is! Jaxon has been greeting the other dogs and techs by wagging his tail and showing great interest in what's going on around him. He can walk now without any support. I still think it's meningitis but only an MRI will show what's really going on. He has been on two antibiotics and prednisone, which is a wonder drug for dogs with meningitis, and he has responded well to it. I will see him tomorrow and speak directly with the vet (so far we've been talking on the phone). I will be busy tomorrow--have to drive to the vet and close on the loan. The vet is about 45 minutes away (with light traffic). I was going to go over there tonight but it is rainy and I don't like to drive in rush hour traffic in the rain. I won't have the funds available till Monday but now at least I know things are going to work out. Thank you, God! And thank you, MJ sisters, for your prayers!
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7581 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7581 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2016 :  9:25:26 PM  Show Profile
Awesome Cindy, I am so glad to hear the good news for you and Jaxon.
Give him a hug for me too!

Prayers continue.

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2016 :  05:23:45 AM  Show Profile
I sure hope your furry friend continues to get better and does not have any further complications! You have had quite a scare! Adding my prayers for Jaxon to get well!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6928 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6928 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2016 :  10:48:34 AM  Show Profile
What great news! I am so happy to hear he can get an MRI and is showing progress! Be safe with your travels.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2016 :  5:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Praying for Jaxson and you. Been in that type situation myself. Terrifying. Our furry kids are so precious and loyal. It hurts to see them in distress.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2016 :  7:30:51 PM  Show Profile
Jaxon has been home since Tuesday afternoon and is much better. His old personality has returned, but he is still a bit wobbly. He's interested in food again and wants to go outside. Yes, it was very scary. So hard to see your fur baby suffer.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7581 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7581 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2016 :  9:19:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh that sounds so much better! I will keep him in my prayers for getting stronger and healing to continue.

Take care Cindy.

Blessings

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2016 :  4:03:11 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Good that Jaxson is home. Praying for his complete recovery. Does he still need the MRI? Is it possible something bit him? The toxins from some bites are wicked. Sending fur baby Jaxson a huge hug.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Jaxon Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page