wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  11:02:03 AM  Show Profile
What's on yours? Pictures would be delightful:)

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  11:07:52 AM  Show Profile
A whole pile of junk! Any flat surface here tends to get swallowed up pretty fast.
I'm working on clearing it off and then I plan on putting down a tablecloth and maybe a centerpiece.
I think that if there's SOMETHING on there, then maybe we won't put EVERYTHING ELSE on there...but as of now, this is just a theory.

Do you still want a picture? LOL

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson

Edited by - faithymom on Jan 12 2007 9:02:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

gregs_lil_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

219 Posts

birdi
hartford me
USA
219 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  11:26:53 AM  Show Profile  Send gregs_lil_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
It does seem to be a neverending to keep it clear...and it is just me and DH in the house. There is just so much going on around here, though. I used to have a formal dining room with an antique cake plate and tablecloth. I still have the cake plate but I dont think it would survive on a working farm girl table. lol Good luck to you Faith.

-Simple pleasures make my heart smile-
Go to Top of Page

babs
True Blue Farmgirl

226 Posts

Babette
MN
USA
226 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  12:21:23 PM  Show Profile
A singer sewing machine with paint chipping off it - it does the job! Apron fabric in various states of completeness for the apron swap, my sewing box, a silver creamer from the coffee service I was using to catch the shavings from my fabric pencil.

Baking pans full of grated soap - I dry the soap in front of the wood stove I picked them up last night to remind myself I need to powder it now.

Several baskets filled with organizers that I picked up from freecycle. I don't know why they are on my table, but the thought just struck me that maybe having baskets of organizers makes me feel like I'm more organized. Yes, I know I'm silly. ;)

Babs
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  12:29:19 PM  Show Profile
there is always stuff on our table. I always manage to get it cleaned off for dinner and once a week or so, I completely clear it, tell everyone that we are not allowed to put things on the table anymore and then the next day it is covered again. its a sickness. Right now there are a few of Graces half finished art projects, a puzzle of mine, the computer I am typing on, the case of friends DVDS, the pepper mill, the silver candy dish Rob's grandma gave me for Christmas (when he asked her abuot it, she said it was "nothing special-well, to me it is- and she needs it like a hole in the head, but it makes a good candy dish". it really does!) and the gardening books I got from Rob's aunt and uncle for my birthday, my cutco shears, a bucket of playdoh, a brush...oh there is just so much stuff. And to think the last time I REALLY cleaned it off, I took a leaf out so that it would deterr us from piling crap on it! OY!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com
http://tasharose365.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  12:33:05 PM  Show Profile
Four placemats, two napkins, the latest issue of "Mothering" magazine, Jackson's high chair tray from lunch and the insurance card that I keep forgetting to put in my car. I'm pretty anal about keeping the table cleared off. The table in the house I grew up almost reached the ceiling with stuff, so this is my backlash!

Catherine :)

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  1:17:32 PM  Show Profile
We don't have one. Our "dining room table" is currently our coffee table, where we eat in the living room. We are sleeping in the future "dining room" right now, while the back two rooms are being finished, but I'm planning to have one by November. Will let you know what piles up on it then!

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  1:37:11 PM  Show Profile
My dining room table actually stays clean . . . it all lands on our kitchen counter instead! LOL! On my dining room I just have a woven primitive rug in reds, greens and golds that I use as a runner and a really cool wood candleabra that looks very primitive too with 5 "grungy" cinnamon dipped candles. I keep it simple so that it is easy to set at dinner. At dinner I just use tacky vinyl placemats which we put away when we are done. If I had a real overly decorated table it would make it hard to use daily. But, if it isn't used daily, you could go a little more wild with it.

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  3:02:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh man, now I feel so much better!! I've got books, magazines, fliers, cd's, etc. Things to be filed too. I just sort of move them around when it's meal time. And of course, I clean it off every week or so, but stuff keeps turning up on it.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  3:14:22 PM  Show Profile
Mine is covered with sewing. I can't wait to get my craft room (my son's old room) organized so I can have a place just for that kind of thing and I can have flowers on my dining room table. I started working on it today!
My husband just spread out house plans on it, so it is really covered now!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  3:40:11 PM  Show Profile
A down coat that I'm trying to get up the nerve to throw away. The zipper doesn't work well. I have another coming in the mail, and I could still take this one to have another zipper put in. But I don't know if I'll still use it so much to bother.

And a Country Home magazine. Nothing else. and this table is HUGE! It's an old oak farm table, sixty inches in diameter with the leaves out. When they're in, it looks like you could land aircraft on it!
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  3:53:44 PM  Show Profile
what isn't on the dining room table is the question....and I put in another leaf. Books, magazines, mail, paperwork I'm trying to get through from my mothers estate, late gifts to be wrapped for when my son gets here from Utah for his Christmas, Christmas gifts for next year...golden angel Barbie marked down from $40 to $10...Target has all the discontinued toys 75% off now. Buttons; bought 10 pounds from a lady in Reno. About half common, but some really old wonderful ones; the big jar to put them in before they go to the sewing room...have to go through them and pick out the one's that I love first. Antique bowl full of old glass fishing floats I've collected over the years. New filters for aquarium on the wall behind the table..haven't made it to the storage under the tank yet. Placemats that probably need washing but I can't get to with all the other stuff on top. Bags of doll clothes to sort into Barbie, baby doll, etc bags for selling one day in the not too distant future. Assorted sewing notions destined for the sewing room. Two desk pen sets, one marble base and one wooden. And probably a bunch of stuff still hidden under the rest of the goodies. Do I win a prize for having the messiest?
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  8:29:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I am so relieved!
I replied mostly as a joke...thinking there'd be a bunch of replies with descriptions of perfect Martha-like centerpieces and table runners...
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has clutter on the table.
Those of you who DO have neat and clean tables...
I'm in AWE!
Ronna, I will have to do a detailed list of my stuff there, but you've got competition... of course, I was in the middle of cleaning it off, so there is not as much odd stuff on there as there was 3 days ago.
Faith

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  8:56:02 PM  Show Profile
Faith....you don't think I actually listed everything, do you? And I've taken some off in the last week, too. I was only going by what I could see without toppling the piles. Next to the table, have numerous boxes ready for mailing, and not just those to MJF gals from my offers. Son left three boxes of stuff to mail to his buddy in CA, one for my cousins grandson, one to an online friend in Canada and one for my nephews twin baby boys in Indiana. Plus, about 30 bottles of Sammy Hagar CaboWabo tequila....really! They are single barrel bottles from a Costco grand opening and I came across them in another store where they'd been transferred after not selling at the new store. My kids are big fans and my daughter drove in 150 miles to get some at the grand opening. I'm told it's excellent tequila, which I'll take as gospel :) They cost about $36 a bottle and are going for about $100 on eBay, but so far I've traded for Sammy Hagar stuff for my kids. I will be putting some on auction or else these will be their inheritance :) The one guy I've been trading with has decided he needs to be one of my kids and has taken to calling me MOM!
Clutter is my middle name and my husband hates it. Ronna
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  9:27:23 PM  Show Profile
Right now just a vintage tablecloth.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  10:43:31 PM  Show Profile
Ronna---"Plus, about 30 bottles of Sammy Hagar CaboWabo tequila....really!"
Oh my, my hubby would be jealous!!!
What would you trade me for a bottle?

OK, I'm torn between listing ALL the stuff on my table and just bowing out gracefully...
Alright, I bow...
My husband hates it, too... He tells me he's just going to wait until I'm out of town and toss it all...

I agree I have a whole lot of stuff that I have moved and moved again and stored for 2 1/2 years and never needed, but I do have quite a bit of stuff that I actually do use...that's the stuff in the house, for the most part...
<sigh> oh well, I would so love to have my own sewing room for all of that, but it'll have to wait...and until then I am still putting out an effort to rid myself of the unnecessaries...

Any (or all) of which I'd be happy to swap for a bottle of Cabo Wabo!!!! LOL

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  05:54:58 AM  Show Profile
IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q310/beemoosie/100_0184.jpg[/IMG]

Just like Brenda said, mine stays clean most of the time...it all hits that counter first! Yes I still have lights and Christmas cards up, they get me through January!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  06:17:58 AM  Show Profile
What a comfy look. Love your chairs. My dining room table is pretty clear, only some newspapers and a small TV. No pictures, please. HA MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  06:22:50 AM  Show Profile
YES! Comfortable...that's it!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  10:02:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh yeah, Faith backs out and leaves me with the messiest table honors :) My husband threatens to back a dump truck to the door and start loading stuff. He isn't a collector and does not appreciate or care about my collections. More than three of anything is a collection and they just seem to multiply by themselves...believe that one?
The Cabo Wabo was bought mainly for trading and selling, as my daughter told me I could not lose money on it. So far, I've gotten some cool Sammy Hagar stuff for both my kids and have lots left. If nothing else, they will never have to buy tequila again. Even the empty bottles are collectible and selling on eBay.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  12:44:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh Faith, I'm not sure you have the messiest table. Let's see....a Christmas tablerunner, one centerpiece plus,3 extra candles in the holders, one calculator, a sewing kit I use when I applique, 2 balls of yarn and knitting needles with a partially finished dishcloth, 1 hairbrush, a pencil, 1 large my little pony I rescued from the dog, i issue of the Clan Graham of Scotland newsletter, junk mail, a quilt ruler, a Christmas package fromn one of my sisters to the other(why did she leave it with me?), the package Cameron's snowmobiling goggles came in with a stocking hat stuffed in it, a stained glass angel with a broken wing, a pile of Cameron's clothes that need to be put away, Aiden's gloves and hat,(his coat is hanging on the chair, a Northern Tool catalog, a green snowmobile helmet with gloves stuffed in it and the laptop I'm using. I think that's it. I do clean it off frequently but it seems to catch everything. It's a nice antique Mission Oak table too. Nobody who lives here seems to put anything away. I need to pay more attention to FlyLady =~)

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  2:07:41 PM  Show Profile
OK...I'm baring it all... <deep breath>
watercolor paints, sewing box, teddy bear that needs stitches, electric pencil sharpener, coloring books, crayons, 4 dead AA batteries, flashlight that doesn't have juice, books (I count 6), my household management book (buried because I obviously don't USE it) ceramic cup made by my son, box full of acrylic paints, 4 16x16 cork 'tiles', 2 plastic shoe boxes of craft stuff (mostly Christmas-y), votive candle, Tigger towel, MANY Legos, a ship model kit, son's school workbooks-4, travel game set, box of straight pins, box of 1,000 plastic rings for Roman shades, pictures, old credit and membership cards, play money, chalk fabric markers, box with nothing in it but another empty box, deed to our house, insurance papers for our house, hair clippies, 3 boxes of sewing machine attachments,and sewing machine manual for a machine I don't own, pile of stuff to be mailed (magazines, things I have to return to my drapery supply place, bag of sewing machine feet for my MIL, a bra that doesn't fit, and a book for my brother), photo album, my brother's ashes <sniffle>, paper sack of fabric, apron pieces (cut out, but not sewn), plastic zipper bag of patterns, scissors, picture frame, pencil box, shoe box (boot-size) of guitar instruction books, barrettes, box of bobbins, candle holder, assorted screws, curtain brackets, guitar strap locking kit, 3 rocks, a penny, a bead, Post-It notepad, Care Bear DVD, plastic canvas, fake hair for dolls, deck of cards, an empty CD case, and...drum roll, please... a copy of our 2003 tax return.
Yes ladies, that is ON TOP of the table, I didn't list the stuff around and underneath it...
This is also after tossing a garbage bag FULL of trash this past Sunday and filling a garbage bag of give-aways...all of that also from the table...the give-away bag's under the table now...right where it should be...LOL...

SO...

Edited by - faithymom on Jan 12 2007 2:11:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mag
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

Margaret
Mount Vernon OH
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  2:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Wow...you ladies must have some awfully big tables!
I have today's mail,a new rack for the pantry (which is a real mess:) and usually a cat or 2, which drives my husband absolutely mad...he would trade 1 cat on the table for a table full of junk any day!

mag
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  3:12:21 PM  Show Profile
thanks ladies, now I don't feel quite so bad!! As soon as I get the cake decorating stuff into the boxes for each new owner, I can tackle the dining room. I did move the new hoard of buttons (she said there were 1800, I didn't count) into a huge jar and it went on the sewing machine desk ''for now''....you do know how that works :) I keep finding stuff in the back of the pantry cupboards now that I have a nearly empty shelf and making another mess in the kitchen. Never ending. Ronna
Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  5:06:50 PM  Show Profile
no kidding...I always seem to get bogged down half-way through...after I spread the piles out so it looks 10 times worse than before I started 'cleaning'...

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  6:13:14 PM  Show Profile
Faith...are you sure we aren't related? Ronna
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Dining Room Table Next Topic