Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Positive Thread Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2016 :  1:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Post what y'all are doing that is positive in this world! Can be anything. Let's keep this thread moving and get the positive quotient up in this world!!!

Thanked a Detective getting his gas today. He wouldn't let me pay but he gave me a hug.

Rescued a plant that was dying in someone's office and split it in 3 and I am going to give one to my hairdresser and one to a friend who loves all plants.

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6921 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6921 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2016 :  2:03:15 PM  Show Profile
Heather, thanks for thanking the Detective. Thanks too for starting this thread. I hope to read many ideas that will inspire me.

There's a EMT station down the street from me so they pass my house all hours of the day & night. When I see them go out I pray for them to be safe and for whoever they are on the way to help. When they are returning I give thanks for their safe return.

I pick up fast food trash & plastic bottles/ cans on my street that are thrown from a car window or toss aside by a walker.

Yesterday in the grocery store I asked a man in a motorize cart if I could reach something for him and he thanked me and said no. A lady my age saw me and told me what a nice thing I had done. She added she never thought about doing something like that but she might in the future. Then we talked about doing good things on purpose.

At checkout yesterday the young man who was checking ask the sacker, another young man to check on the price of an item. The sacker returned, said something to the checker and I forgot about the item. After I had paid and all items were sacked the checker put the grater that had a problem with the price into a bag and said "this is free because we couldn't find the price". I told him no, put it back, and I would pickup one next week. Both young men couldn't believe that I wouldn't take it. I hope it will make them think about doing the right thing just because it is the right thing to do.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2016 :  2:25:36 PM  Show Profile
Not something I did but a sweet action from a stranger a couple days ago.

At Target, we had long lines to check out and I had just a few items. I was up next in my lane and the customer in front of me (who had a lot of stuff) pointed me to a lane that was clearing up so I could check out faster. As soon as I got to the second lane, the cashier turned off the light and walked away. I moved to another line to try my luck but the lady who had originally sent me away saw that I was about to start my wait all over again and pulled me back to go ahead of her.

And a few months ago at Aldi, before they started accepting credit cards, I worried I'd overcommitted on my shopping and asked the cashier to stop ringing if the total exceeded the cash I had on hand. The woman behind me heard me and offered to pay for whatever I didn't have cash for. I ended up having enough, but it was sweet of her to offer.

I meet the nicest people at the store :)

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2016 :  3:38:13 PM  Show Profile
Today was the last day of summer school. I have been volunteering at this school for four years with the same teacher. Next year I will be a part-time paid reading tutor at this same school. I am so excited to be back in a paid position yet sad because I will no longer be working directly with Patricia. I am certain that the kids will remember the crazy old lady from their 2nd grade for the rest of their lives.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2016 :  4:35:50 PM  Show Profile
Heather with so much negativity out there...this is refreshing to have a Thread of Positivity!
With the advance of Social Media...negativity has escalated and people feel like they can just verbally vomit over whom ever.

I recently met a High School graduate...a young woman who is helping children this summer do kind things for the unsung Heroes
In our community. Be it Fireman, Policeman, Mail Carriers...who ever. The kids make cards of Thanks and bake cookies or cakes
And go honor some group a couple times of week. I am impressed by the Leadership of this young woman...and I would love to see
More of these kind of acts of kindness.

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6593 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6593 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2016 :  6:39:48 PM  Show Profile
My son Kent and I are helping a friend in need, her husband has cancer and they are moving into another home, she is just so overwhelmed. We are trying to help and do as much as we can for them.
Great thread Heather, thank you for thinking of it!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2016 :  07:40:24 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I have a rare moment of 2 whole days to really clean my house. I started out to just collect items today and donate and then clean tomorrow but there has been a need put out for household item, locally. SO I am setting a goal of 4 bags of clothes and 4 boxes of the other stuff. This should be fun!!!

I am also setting aside a box for my son's art teacher, who uses anything and everything for her class projects. So far, I have so markers, crayons, paper and cups in there.

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2016 :  07:22:14 AM  Show Profile
I have noticed many negative posts on Facebook lately...political and others. So, I have made it my personal mission to post 5 positive memes throughout the day...just to lift the FB spirits. What I have found that searching for the memes has lifted my spirits, as well.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2016 :  08:01:18 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Great idea Sherone!!!

Today, I am bagging/boxing/or otherwise just about an entire small room of junk. It's going to the crisis center and then what they can't use, is being donated to the local thrift shop.

My goal is to get the rest of the house deep cleaned today and tomorrow. :)

Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2016 :  10:12:15 AM  Show Profile
What a great idea to post positive news Heather -thanks for starting this thread! And cheers to everyone who is spreading positive influence in their day to day world.

Over the weekend I volunteered to lead a yard cleanup project for two young adults (ages 16 and 20) who lost both of their adoptive parents within two weeks of one another in June. Their Dad had cancer so they were prepared for his loss but their Mom passed very suddenly and unexpectedly about two weeks before he did. These siblings grew up separated in foster care and were only adopted into the same home about 5-6 years ago. I will be working with a couple of friends of their family to get the yard cleaned up and ready to go on the market in a few weeks.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2016 :  3:24:52 PM  Show Profile
Well, this is a great idea! Love what some of you are doing. Sherone, you are so right about facebook.
I don't have anything I've done to share but a new baby coming is always a positive thing. Looking forward to going to Ohio to help out my daughter and son in law when baby girl number 3 makes her entrance in a few weeks.
You all have lifted my spirits and I find so much encouragement here.thank you all.
Heather I love your idea of donating things to a teacher or the crisis center.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2016 :  07:53:42 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I bought a pair of pink boots. Spent a good penny on them and they didn't fit...so it would cost me 20% restocking fee..hmmm..so I said ok...what shall I do? Well a friend who fought and WON Stage 4 breast cancer is having an auction in the Fall. I am going to donate them, along with a bag of new pink goodies. :)

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6921 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6921 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2016 :  08:36:34 AM  Show Profile
Heather the boots are perfect for the auction. Sorry you couldn't wear them but they should bring $$$$.

I don't believe in consequences. We may not see the overall plan but we still have our part to play. The pink boots will find their way to the woman who will wear them with joy. Your part was to put them in the place where they will do the most good before they finally make it to her. Good for you!

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13625 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13625 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2016 :  10:56:35 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
This isn't something I did, but what some gentlemen did for my hubby and me.
We took a drive into our mountains (Colorado Rocky mountains . . .they're called rocky for good reason) on a picnic yesterday way back on one of the National Forest access roads. On our way back just as we crossed the bridge back onto the highway we think we damaged a tire on the bridge.
We were planning on stopping just a couple miles down the highway at a privately owned campground where you can get good soft serve ice cream. This is a treat we like when we're out on mountain day trips. As we were sitting there eating our ice cream my hubby noticed our right front tire was really low . . . it was getting lower by the minute. We asked one of the fellows who worked there if they had compressed air. He said they did and he went to get a compressor. Another fellow came out of the campground office to see what help he could offer. He lives on a little ranch right next to the campground (has some connection with the campground) and told us that if we put enough air in the tire to drive it to his shop (VERY short distance) he had a floor jack and air wrench we could use to take it off.
So we drove down there and both gentlemen started to work getting the tire off, helping us get the spare off (tricky underneath the back end of an SUV), got cardboard for my hubby to lay on if needed, etc., etc. All the while they were working on getting the flat tire fixed with a plug. Aired it up and we put it on as the spare, he checked the air on the left front. We gathered up tools, and were on our merry way. This guy had a very well organized and equipped shop.
These guys went above and beyond to help us out. Hubby and I were grubby and stressed, but grateful!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Aug 15 2016 10:56:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13625 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13625 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2016 :  10:59:31 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
P.S. The repaired tire is still holding air this morning. We plan to think of something we can drop by to these guys as a "Thank You" on our next trip.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2016 :  12:17:11 PM  Show Profile
I have heard that mechanics love pastries.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2016 :  10:44:35 AM  Show Profile
Thanked a police officer in Walmart the other day. She had a big smile and thanked me . Then I always thank soldiers.
An older lady bought food. She was in front of me and was short by about 15.00 dollars so I paid the rest for her. She took my name and number she said she would call me when they got home to Texas. And she did.
I believe that is why we are here to take care of each other.

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls

Hugs: Heaven's Ultimate
Good Sign
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2016 :  11:27:41 AM  Show Profile
What a great post! With all of this negativity, I've placed myself on a media diet! It's out of my control so why make myself sick over it!

The Farmer's Wife magazine made an attempt during the great depression era to only post positive letters from it's readers. Laurie Aaron Hird include many of these letters in her new book The Farmer's Wife 1930. I so enjoy reading these letters, so positive for such a trying time.

Keep positive! Catch you later!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2016 :  12:24:02 PM  Show Profile
First off...Marlee I am going to check that book out...thanks for sharing about that.

Got my walk in early this morning and it was nice and cool out there...so I didn't
sweat my fool head off today. Yay, I hate to sweat. Met a Neighbor in the middle of
my walk and of course she wanted to stand and chat. She is very introverted and so
I decided if she wanted to talk she probably had something she needed to get off her
chest and she did. She is a Nurses Assistant and she has been caring for a Woman for
7 years that was one of the last Holocaust Survivors...and the woman just passed away.
And Emelia was grieving over the loss of this very special woman. So, we stood there
and chatted for 15 minutes and then I gave her a big hug and went on my way. I love
how God interrupts our plans with His own Agenda. When Emelia was sharing about the
loss of this friend and patient she said that she knew she was a Christian and that
the woman had professed that but she said, "When people die in Christ they have such
a peaceful sweet look on their faces when they pass but if they aren't Christians the
looks on their faces are usually very different...many look even tormented." I knew
what she meant because I have seen the difference too. She said that she could even
feel the presence of Angels in the room. She said, "I know you can't say that to just
anybody or they think you are nuts but I could feel them there." I loved hearing that
story from here. So, she needed a listening ear and we both walked away blessed for the sharing together.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 16 2016 12:25:55 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Positive Thread Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page