silver polock
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

rita
spring tx
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  6:22:46 PM  Show Profile
[/size=6[size=6]CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY PLANT TULIP BULBS? I RECEIVED A POTTED PLANT FOR CHRISTMAS AND WOULD LIKE TO TRANSPLANT THE BULBS TO MY GARDEN. I LIVE IN THE HOUSTON TEXAS AREA

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  7:12:10 PM  Show Profile
I answered that where you posted it in the cleaning up topic and I don't know how to transfer it to this topic. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  06:38:57 AM  Show Profile
If the potted bulbs have already leaved and flowered, you basically just have to treat it like a foliage plant and allow the leaves to generate energy back to the bulb. Water sparingly and allow the leaves to die back when they want. You can plant this in the ground this Spring but you won't get a second bloom this year. They will be storing energy and nutrients back to the bulb. Tulips are not fabulous rebloomers without adding soil amendments in my area. I would plant it after it's done and see if it blooms for you NEXT spring. Spring blooming flowers are planted in the fall before hard frost but can stay in the ground once planted. Good Luck!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic TULIP BUBLS Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page