Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  10:39:02 AM  Show Profile
I made three little bags yesterday and today. Wish you could see the whole thing,I lined the insides and the material on the back of each one is pretty.
Then I posted pictures of my scrapbook obsession that has recently taken over more of my time.
AND- the farm girl calender, where did you hang or put yours?
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  11:36:49 AM  Show Profile
SUNSHINE,
Thankyou for your concern, but I think your posting on my blog your concern only points it out , where most would not even notice. I wonder if you could delete your comments on there. I'am not real concerned about it as most that read my blog are from this site, but I will be more careful in the future. Thankyou.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  11:41:54 AM  Show Profile
You always have the most interesting things on your blog. I just love reading what is new. I am so impressed that you are so good about posting new stuff all the time.
Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  12:05:34 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
nancy I am not able to delte posts from your site but you are able to. Click on comments as if you where leaving one ( make sure you are logged in first) then below any post of mine you want to delete click on the trash can symbol, then in the new window that shows up click on the box next to remove forever. then click on delete comment and htey will go away.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  12:50:46 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sunshine, I was able to do it. Was wondering how that was done.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  1:09:49 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, I just love checking your blog for new ideas and you never fail me!! I need to get one of those calenders!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
www.photo-per-day.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  1:41:49 PM  Show Profile
Sue,
You of all people I would have thought ordered the calender, they probably still have some and it is only JAN. so its not to late.Wish I had an extra one I would send it to you. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog, I have a good time doing it.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  2:10:37 PM  Show Profile
Nancy_ Those bags are adorable! Are they for the "tearing my house apart girls"? I can see them stuffed with all kinds of Spring/Easter goodies! Your scrap books are great! My Gram kept them for years and as kids they were our delight! She would put whatever struck her fancy in there, jokes, pretty cards, pictures and letters she wanted to keep and party favors(very cool!)kooky stuff no one could ever figure out. She was a very easy going, everyone is welcome type person but under one handwritten recipe from a certain Marion she wrote "Not now, not ever!" Keep your kids and grandchildren guessing too! Someday they'll read them and say " Who was...." or what do you think THAT meant? It's fun to have those little snippets of who we are all collected up! Have fun!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  2:21:40 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, I love your Blog no matter what..I love the bags....If I came up and "dressed up and torn around the house,could I get a bag????

where did you buy them? I have been three days trying to find Tea Towels to Embroider..It has been a lazy day,just sewing and sewing and sewing....

NEWHEART:)

Love of friends and family makes the world go round..and always a little Chocolate.

margie
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  2:24:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Margie! Nice to "see" you, glad you are having an embroidery fest!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  2:33:37 PM  Show Profile
Margie,
I didn't buy the little bags. I just cut the material in the shape I wanted, embroidered on it and then put a linning in it and a back on it and a ribbon for the handle. Yes you can come with bramble and tear around the house if you want to, I'll just be in my chair embroidering.
Bramble, where are your Grams scrapbooks now?
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  10:35:43 PM  Show Profile
Nancy the little bags are adorable! I think the cat is my favorite. Even cuter though, is little Abby with the veil and shiny skirt! I just love to see the funny combinations kids dress up in. Very sweet!
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  05:47:42 AM  Show Profile
My calendar is up and working. It is in 'my computer room' which is a walk in closet in my bedroom. Tiny but it works. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  05:54:34 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, Honey, you rule when it comes to FarmGirl blogs! Your inspiration helped me to finally start one yesterday. Love your totes and the scrapbooks. Now, about my MaryJane calendar, it is right beside me, hanging on the wall in my kitchen. It's amazing to me how the Farm created such a beautiful calendar in such a short period of time. Every FarmGirl needs one.

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
www.ragstoroses.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  06:13:12 AM  Show Profile
As for Gram's scrapbooks.... One of my cousin's has them but she's good about sharing in creative ways. Last year she made a mini Halloween cookbook and used some of the old Halloween cards and favors (scanned or color copied) as the art work. We are a sentimental bunch so we loved it! She's also made picture copies using different themes too. Keep pasting, you never know where they might end up!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  06:34:59 AM  Show Profile
Ilove looking at old scrap books. I tried getting a couple on e'bay but was outbid. Guess there are lots of people out there that like the same things.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  07:23:24 AM  Show Profile
I've got this strange, old scrapbook that some one gave me. My friend had bought it in a flea market. I need to take some pictures of it. I've never quite figured it out. Appears to be a scrap book of someone's travels. Maybe you guys will know something about it. Aha! Blog material!

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
www.ragstoroses.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  09:39:56 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo,

Love your blog!! So much fun to look at things you've done and your recent finds!

I keep my calendar on the door in my computer/crafting extra bedroom.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic SCRAPBOOKS AND SEWING Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page