Jacqueline
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Jacqueline
Burbank CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - May 26 2005 :  9:19:17 PM  Show Profile
Even though this section is technically about books, it seemed the most appropriate space to ask about everyone's music tastes and maybe get some good leads on new tunes for myself...I find that with my pulling away from modern style living, I am drawn also to less modern style music as well.
I find my rock and roll stuff gathering dust.
The CDs that always seem to stay at the top of the list would be: anything by Loreena Mckennitt, a wonderful Canadian singer/songwriter/musician who..well, you just have to listen to her to believe her if you dont already know her. She is amazing.
And lots of Soundtracks lately. Chocolate is great. A Beautiful Mind. The soundtrack from a travelling equine performance troupe similar to Cirque De Soleil called Cavallia. The music is haunting and primal and uplifting and really truly beautiful. Mists of Avalon is great. Many many more....I find the soundtracks take me right into the movie again, even in my everyday life. It takes me out of this ordinary realm and into something magical no matter what I'm doing.
Anyone else have any favorites?

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 26 2005 :  9:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Well this farmgirl with always love her country music but I like new, old, bluegrass, etc kinds of country. I like listening to instrumental music sometimes too just to relax to without thinking. Country music got me through 6 months of deployment. I am not too big a fan of the
"crossover" country singers-I lean towards a more traditional country..
Go to Top of Page

simplegirl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Teresa
OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - May 26 2005 :  10:13:33 PM  Show Profile
I wanted to jump in here and recommend a station online that I found called Whole Wheat Radio. Here is a link to their site where you can listen also http://www.wholewheatradio.org/, They are a radio staion run out of a 12x12 cabin in Alaska. The music is great, sometimes someone will pop on live and chat, sometimew there are interviews and live music. They play anything and everything as long as it is an independent label. Cool huh? There's a lot of blues, some jazzy, some adult contemporary type stuff...something for everyone. I have fallen in love with the place!

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. ~Doris Mortman
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 27 2005 :  06:56:30 AM  Show Profile
Hello new girls! Just thought I'd give you a heads up that there's a topic going in the Reading Room, called Music Room. It has 4 pages of our favorite music.... you'll get lots of ideas there.

In case you don't see it (music room) at first, there are 4 pages of topics in the Reading Room... if you scroll down you will see where you can click on "next page" or choose pages 1 - 4 to look at more topics!

Enjoy!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Jacqueline
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Jacqueline
Burbank CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - May 27 2005 :  4:17:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh brilliant! Thanks Claire! I didn't realize you could scroll past the first page of topics. Way cool!
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Music?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page