junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  12:15:52 PM  Show Profile
I have to ditto Tina, were all artists in our own right. Just have fun with it and enjoy all the good mail coming your way!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
www.photo-per-day.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  1:38:42 PM  Show Profile
Janice - I completely understand how you feel, but please don't feel intimidated. No one is making comparisons or expecting museum quality pieces. It's just a good way to connect with one another and, as you said, it's really fun. I find that the more I get into it, the more my imagination turns loose....and the less housework and cooking I get done! ;-)

Sandy

I'm heading south for the winter. Some parts of my body already have a head start!
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  1:51:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
You're right about getting into the project, Sandy. I've been off sick with a kidney infection this week. Yesterday, I felt better, and instead of doing: the dishes, the laundry, watering plants.....I sat down in the sunroom and started working on my valentines shortly after lunch. The next thing I knew, it was time to feed the animals and get ready for supper! Im really enjoying rediscovering my 'inner creative child'. I think that I'm going to suggest that my therapist put some coloring books, crayons and pencils in his waiting room! :) This has been a great outlet. (And cheaper than therapy - LOL)

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  4:47:28 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Sunshine for the pretty card. I was so excited when I opened the mailbox 'cause I just knew that had to be from a Farmgirl. I couldn't sleep last night, so between 3:30 and 5:30 A.M. I started working on my cards. No sense just lying there trying to sleep when I can't. Might as well get something done.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  4:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I have a question I paid extra to have things hand canceled as those who have it know it has a hugh bump on it. I was wondering if the bump made it in tacked or if it got wrecked in the mail. Just curious. I wam trying not to tell people what it looks like if they haven gotten it yet.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com

Edited by - sunshine on Jan 24 2007 4:53:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Beach Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Vanessa
Williamsburg VA
111 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  7:14:36 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sunshine~

My bump made it intact, but did not make it inside the envelope. The bump had torn through and was sticking outside of the envelope. But all was OK and it is lovely!

Vanessa

Farmgirl-by-the-Sea
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  7:22:06 PM  Show Profile
That's what happened to mine too. Beautiful card, thank you very much. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  7:41:06 PM  Show Profile
mine arrived intact, envelope and all.no tears.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  7:51:09 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for the card, Sunshine. It came among a pile of income tax reports, bills, and junk. The pink envelope was a welcome sight! (The bump had poked through the envelope, but no damage done)

Sandy

I'm heading south for the winter. Some parts of my body already have a head start!
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  11:32:25 PM  Show Profile
Nothing poked through on mine, everything was fine
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  03:10:15 AM  Show Profile
Cute story girls...
I get a pink envelope in the mail yesterday with unfamiliar handwriting. I have already received Sunshine's beautiful valentine, so I am excited thinking it was my next one. I open the envelope and it is a store bought card wishing happy valentine's to an Aunt. I'm not an Aunt. The card was signed in my best friend's handwriting "from" baby #1 due in August!
I told her she got me good having someone else address the envelope!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  04:39:50 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Bonnie!!! What a fun way to find out! Sunshine, my bump had poked through too and the envelope was opened a little but all is well.

Visit me at my blogs:
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  05:56:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Sunshine - my valentine from you did have a small tear in the envelope(no damage to the card at all, though). I was going to ask about hand canceling at my post office to see if they still did that, but now I'm not so sure there's any point. I've gotten to the point where, if I get something through the post office that ISN"T damaged, I'm excited(and grateful).

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  06:59:41 AM  Show Profile
Sunshine -

My valentine arrived in great shape, no tears, no damage. I have it on my small desk in the livingroom, that is going to be my display area for all of the Farmgirl V-Day cards. Can't wait to finish up mine and get them in the mail to all of you.

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  08:40:59 AM  Show Profile
Sunshine- Mine arrived but the envelope was barely hanging on. My husband got the mail and said "look at this, can you believe it made it?" But it did and it was very cute!

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  08:49:12 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I was worried about that. I hoped that if I paid for hand canceling it wouldn't go through the machines that destroy bulky items. But I guess I paid in vain. Oh well If you don't get one let me know. As it looks like they went through machines anyway and may be destroyed.

Lilpunkin : was the card ok and just the envelope bad or was the whole thing bad.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  09:17:53 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I am glad now that all the cards are tyed to the envelopes so if they do bust open maybe that will keep them a little more together.

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  11:14:08 AM  Show Profile
I received mine Sunshine. Maybe I already told you that...long week! And I received one from Nancy Jo today! Get ready girls!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  4:47:10 PM  Show Profile
I had sent you a private email to sign up for this when this first posted - am I still on the list!?! Please say yes, I have almost 30 made already!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  4:47:56 PM  Show Profile
My first Valentine arrived today from Sunshine! Thank you so much -- I love it!

The Rustic Cottage Etsy Shop http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Picture A Day Blog http://rcpicaday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  5:36:05 PM  Show Profile
I got my first Valentine from Sunshine too. It was adorable. Made it to Long Island in fine shape. No tears, no rips, all was great. Thank you!

Sheryl-lyn

P.S. My last name is Walz for anyone who has not sent anything yet. It came out as Watz on the original sheet, but it will get to me regardless!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  04:47:29 AM  Show Profile
Gee Jennifer, I don't know what to say? I did go back through the posts and notice you only posted once back on Jan.13 and you didn't mention wanting to join in, you gave us a link for some valentine ideas. I also went through my deleted files(I'm bad about cleaning it out) and your email was not in there? I want to be fair, and these sign ups are for that reason, you must be active to know what is going on, plus we have to be safe when sending out personal info. So, girls, I need your help here, I'm leaving it up to you all, if we should include Jennifer or not? This list was open for a long time allowing plenty of time to sign up and check in. Let's take a vote, I'll be happy to send the list to Jennifer is everyone feels we should?

Visit me at my blogs:
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  05:53:48 AM  Show Profile
My thoughts on this are, Jennifer did not ask to join up in the last few days, she thought she was on the list. She has already made her valentines. Being as how this has happened, I will e'mail JEN my address and she can in return 'e'mail me hers and I will be happy to send her a card. Then anyone else that wants to do the same, can. Is this a good plan?
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  06:48:24 AM  Show Profile
Tina -

Got your cute V-day card in the mail yesterday. It is with Sunshine's card on my little desk. Thank you so much.

I should be finishing mine up this weekend and then off to the post office.

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  06:52:17 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like a plan, Nancy Jo

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Holidays: Previous Topic Old fashioned Valentine exchange Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page