Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 How do you spend your Xmas Day?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic How do you spend your Xmas Day? Next Topic  

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2006 :  2:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
We spent ours in the a.m. relaing, opening gifts and playing with the kids. The afternoon brought some nice sunny weather so we packed up and headed to the local rink.

Then back to the farm for hot chocolate with marshmellows while dinner is cooking.

Has anyone noticed that White Christmas has not been on?

What did you do today?

blessings
beth

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Dec 25 2006 2:37:33 PM

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2006 :  4:03:59 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like you had a wonderful day, Beth! We started at 8:00 am opening Santa presents and then cooked a huge breakfast of fried dough, bacon, sausage and fruit. My parents came down, as well as friends and the 2 missionaries that serve in our area. After breakfast, another gift exchange!! Everyone left at noon and we had a peaceful afternoon watching Ice Age on TV (it's been rainy today.). We just finished a lovely turkey dinner and now are getting our things ready to leave for Florida tomorrow. Phew!! I'll be glad to hop into bed tonight!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2006 :  5:02:53 PM  Show Profile
Beth, that looks awesome! We spent the day being lazy. I was going to cook a huge dinner, but we got home so late last night that we were all just too tired. We played Uno and the kids played with their toys and we did some online window shopping for a desk set up for our new computer, and for new furniture, and we really just hung out as a family. We went no place today. It was perfect.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2006 :  6:36:42 PM  Show Profile
our 15 y/old woke us up soooooooo early but we had a great day. Made a tasty Christmas breakfast then went visiting at mt sisters & dinner at my neice house. Got home around 8pm & now am very tired. When I wake up I'll be 55 y/old & I don't want to feel it.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

momto6
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Valerie
Goltry OK
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2006 :  8:38:00 PM  Show Profile
Dh worked at his EMT job today, so all 6 kids, daughter-in-law, and grandbaby, and I loaded up breakfast and presents and drove (just 30 minutes) to his workplace and had breakfast and Christmas. Packed it all back up , came home, put it all up, then my three girls and I played Scattegories (I won!!!). Later, I actually got my kitchen cleaned and mopped.

Happy Christmas night,
Val
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  06:01:15 AM  Show Profile
Beth~I have been ranting about all the Christmas movies that HAVEN'T been on!!!! I am starting a dvd collection!
Thanks for sharing those pictures, how fun! We opened gifts as a family at 6:00 am, and then had to pack up and leave for a trip to my grandma's. It was a nice day, but we dream of a relaxed day at home too.

O, Come let us adore HIM! www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  07:42:20 AM  Show Profile
Hubby and I got up at a liesurly pace, opened our stuff to one another then headed to my folks for the day. Dad prepared an excellent tenderloin roast, so while that was cooking we opened gifts.

My parents are so silly and love playing practical jokes on each other and the family. We address gift cards so they provide a clue to what's inside and we take turns so it lasts a little longer.

One special tradition I forgot to mention in other posts is the silk rose. Mom received this ribbon rose when she graduated college. From then on, she and her mother would pass the rose from year to year each Christmas. It usually topped a special gift. Grammy has been gone for almost 9 years, so my mom and I carry on the tradition. This year I got the rose, so next year I'll put it on Mom's biggest/special gift.

We spent the rest of our very rainy day washing up dishes, talking and watching movies....the evening ended w/ Spumoni ice cream and cookies!

The ride home takes about an hour, so spotting various homes all decorated up in lights was a nice closure

Hope everyone else had a nice Christmas too!
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  08:12:37 AM  Show Profile
Ice skating outside looks like so much fun! We had a rainy day and stayed inside opening gifts and visiting family and eating. Did I mention the eating? There was lots of eating!

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  08:52:10 AM  Show Profile
My sweetie had a kidney stone so he was resting on the couch. I hibernated in the bedroom and watched Sex in the city dvd's and worked on needle work.The weather was rainy all day. It was a very restful day.
I also had to go check on the pups that I am dog sitting till Sat. They live just down the street and I check on them a few times a day and play with them. Their family went to be with family in Florida.

We had family Christmas on Christmas Eve. I had planned on making us a special meal but since sweetie wasn't feeling good we had soup and snacked the rest of the day.

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  09:38:48 AM  Show Profile
Christmas Eve was spent at my parents house - buffet dinner of bagels, lox, special cold cuts, meat balls in sweet sauce, champagne punch and tons of sweets. My sister and her new husband were down from Alaska with their two dogs and cat. We opened presents and had a relaxing evening. Christmas day was breakfast and stockings with DH and our 3 kitties and then started on Christmas dinner for DH's whole family. His parents, his aunt, cousin and his wife, their daughter and grand daughter. We had Cornish hen, roasted vegetables, salad and homemade cranberry chutney - followed up with gifts and mocha cake and coffee. Then they all left and DH and I spent an hour + doing dishes (no dishwasher) all by hand, watched some TV and off to bed. Today is re cooperation day.

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  10:27:42 AM  Show Profile
We slept in till around 7 am (that is 3 more hours then normal) and I made a wonderful breakfast before heading out to dig out more snow for the animals to walk around and get some excercise. Then in with my oldest son to go thru the boxes of pictures that have been waiting for us. After another fire evacuation this summer I promised to get the pictures divided up between my two sons so God forbid there was ever another evacuation at least some would make it. My family went thru the war in Germany and all we have are 4 pictures and they are in a bank vault. My childhood was captured on old film reels that now are brittle and faded. After traveling down memory lane and laughing tons we have everyone labeled, divided and ready to go into albums. I did a big dance when the last was done and a sence of peace came over me to know those faces are safe.
Then off to the kitchen where most of the dinner I made the day before - roast duck, mashed potatoes, bacon & pecan stuffing, fresh baby lettuce salad, crandberry fluff salad, deviled eggs and minced meat pie was on the table for my oldest son and me. The youngest son stuck in the snow in town will have left over treats when I see him next. A relaxing sit on the couch watching our dvd picks while opening gifts that was sure to be a hit. Then off to bed for a well deserved sleep for my son goes back to work for all those who are returning those holiday gifts. I will be shoveling just in time for another round of snow but that is OK if it means no fire evacuations come spring. I hope all of you had a wonderful day and remember each day is a gift no matter the 25th or 26th.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
htpp://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
htpp://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  11:38:46 AM  Show Profile
Got up early, Paul gave me a book of coupons called "redeemable bonds" good for 4 hours extremely good husband housekeeping (there were twelve of them). I redeemed one yesterday!! He reorganized the kitchen!! Then we went for an afternoon ski in a peach alpenglow alaskan winter day. Had christmas dinner with friends and sniffed our two snow scrubbed labs. It was PERFECT! jo Dinner was prime roast of beef and my blackberry pie from the berries I picked in August! Happy NEW YEAR!

"friends don't let friends eat farmed salmon"
http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/Anchorage/PhotoAlbum14.html
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  3:01:29 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Jo..I want what YOU got!!!
We had Christmas day here..it was white, but old snow..that has really started melting like crazy today.
We had 38 people here for brunch at 1pm..and they stayed until dark..great visiting time and fun..but total chaos. My husband's side of the family. My side, is of course perfect..haha.
STill lots of company around today. Tomorrow will be my collapse in a heap day!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  3:44:01 PM  Show Profile
Had a really nice Christmas, all the kids big and little here for Christmas eve, then Christmas day breakfast at my oldest daughters and then everyone moved along to my youngest daughters for Christmas Dinner. My pants are still tight. No ice skating like Beth, and thats because we had no ice to skate on, and the other reason is I can't ice skate. And no 38 people in my house on Christmas day like Aunt Jenny,might I suggest Jenny, that you go and lay down now, save yourself.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic How do you spend your Xmas Day? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page