Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Easter Fabrics 10" Square Swap SIGNUPS CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Easter Fabrics 10" Square Swap SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 8

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2016 :  6:49:20 PM  Show Profile
go for it Mary! The springtime fabric will go perfectly with the Easter stuffs. Can't wait to see it :)
You're welcome Lisa, thank you too! ;) I'm so glad people are getting my fabrics, I'm always anxious till I know they're all received. If anyone doesn't get them from me, please let me know and I will send again. I was thinking... what if we do a vintage spring/summer swap? like vintage roses, lilacs, daisies, stuff like that? what do you all think?

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Friends are sisters we choose with our heart.
Go to Top of Page

Liscuva
True Blue Farmgirl

289 Posts

Lisa
West Seneca NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2016 :  6:53:59 PM  Show Profile
Everyone should have mine by now...I hope! I like ur idea Marti...any reason to fabric shop:D
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2016 :  7:23:44 PM  Show Profile
That sounds like fun. I love flowers.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7490 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7490 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2016 :  7:33:35 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Flowers was one of my ideas, Marti. I can do that when Easter is done.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7490 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7490 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  09:29:39 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I received fabrics from Amy, Darlene (with stickers :-)), and Mary. Love all these fabrics. Thanks so much.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7490 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7490 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  09:31:13 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I've been wondering about making a table runner with several sizes of egg-shaped pieces or egg shapes and rabbit shapes using the same process as Maryellen's heart-shaped one. Hmmmmmmmm - got to think about that.

Here's a table runner I made last year - very simple. I strip-pieced three rectangles with batting and muslin, cut egg shapes from them, and stitched them onto burlap. I zig-zag stitched an inch from the borders of the burlap and pulled the strings of burlap to that stitching line.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Edited by - quiltee on Mar 07 2016 10:04:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  1:22:53 PM  Show Profile
Today's mail brought fabric squares from Judith. Thank you , they are adorable.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  1:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Today the fabric bunny brought pretty blocks from Judith with a cute sticker and ribbon. Pretty blocks from Mary too! I love birds!

Then the bad bunny sent me a ripped in half envelope with only one block. It was supposed to go to Cristy. When I went to the post office the first time only a few could be sent. All the same but some were to puffy. Home I went and tried again with different envelopes. All but 2 were ok. So for a surcharge they could be sent also. Along with the bad bunny envelope came a very crinkled envelope with Judith's and a slightly crinkled one from Mary today. I am only posting this to make you aware of the fact that they could be lost after all the cost and work. When I went to th PO I had them check to see if they would fit through some cardboard slot they have. That's how they said they were to puffy. Anyone else have any problems?

Cristy your new blocks are going out tomorrow.

Linda, nice runner. Clever idea.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  3:05:15 PM  Show Profile
Your Spring fabric squares came today, Mary! Very, very pretty! Thank you!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7490 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7490 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  3:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I got my fabrics from Judith and Marti today! Still thinking of what I can make with these for Easter.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  3:57:11 PM  Show Profile
Linda, your strip pieced eggs are cute.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  4:08:14 PM  Show Profile
When we started this the two squares and envelope could go for one stamp. More stability can be achieved with a piece of copy paper folded like a business letter, the fabric inside the folded paper. This still takes only one stamp. Then Linda t old US to steam press them as flat as possible before putting in the envelopes. My envelope from Judith had a torn corner which allowed the sticker and ribbon th slip out in my car, thankfully.

Has anyone not received my squares yet? I mailed mine February 26th.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

Liscuva
True Blue Farmgirl

289 Posts

Lisa
West Seneca NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  4:42:07 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Judith and Mary, I got both of yours today. The only ones I haven't gotten yet are Sherry, Betty and Denise's. And all of my envelopes have been in good condition.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  6:11:00 PM  Show Profile
I have used my squares to make four quilt tops, ( child size), two table runners, and four banners or whatever those pointy things are called. I thought My class and Baylee's might enjoy seeing them hanging across a corner of the classrooms. Of course Hadlee needs one too.
If you watch the tutorials that you find on the Missouri Star Quilt website, she does a banner. Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy, as the kids say. I am enthralled with her fast and easy shortcuts for making quilt tops. I like my designs a bit smaller, but if it gets me going... Big it is. I still need to put my backing on my little quilts so Hadlee can take them to Cooks when she goes again.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7490 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7490 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  7:37:19 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I always steam mine so they are very flat and have had no trouble sending them. I always have my post office hand cancel the envelopes so they don't have to go through the machine. The machine is where most get damaged.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  8:05:33 PM  Show Profile
You have a nice post office, or should I say nice postal workers.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  8:39:55 PM  Show Profile
I got squares from Judith and Mary today, thank you! soooooooo pretty! I was wanting some purple fabric to finish up my youngest granddaughter's quilt and you both sent pretty fabrics I can use :)
Linda, your runner is so cute! I wanna make one now too!
I haven't had any torn ones this time, the valentine swap I had one that had a tear in the envelope but it didn't damage the fabric.
Mine have only needed one stamp, I have the post office weigh one to make sure and I've been lucky that way.

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Friends are sisters we choose with our heart.
Go to Top of Page

Quiltwright
True Blue Farmgirl

346 Posts

Cristy
LAKE HAVASU CITY AZ
USA
346 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2016 :  05:55:36 AM  Show Profile
I have received squares from Maryellen, Amy,Marilyn, Rebecca, Lisa, and Linda. Going to make a post office trip after work today. None of those I've rec'd have been damaged, but I did wind up one envelope short in valentine swap. Love the egg runner!

Enjoying the day!
Cristy
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7490 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7490 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2016 :  06:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
My PO staff is VERY nice! She loves seeing my Farmgirl Mail. LOL! And not one of them minds hand canceling the envelopes. I love my small town PO.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7490 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7490 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2016 :  06:48:36 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
All of us were 1 envelope short on the Valentines swap. Unfortunately, one of our swappers did not follow through.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2016 :  07:26:26 AM  Show Profile
Marti, I received your fabric today, it's lovely. I really enjoy seeing pictures of people's projects, since I'm new to this!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2016 :  12:20:50 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the mailing tips, girls! I'm sorry to hear some of my envelopes were damaged.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2016 :  12:34:28 PM  Show Profile
It was not your fault Judith. I think some people who work in the system do not even attempt to take care of our mail. They dump it in and if it is ruined, so what. I have in years past received envelopes that were damaged, blackened and crumpled...months later this lost mail, now in a plastic bag would finally be delivered to me. You would think that having a job that pays a decent wage would lead to some pride in their work...but I guess not.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7490 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7490 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2016 :  1:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Well said, Marilyn. Some of us have super postal workers, and some of the USPS workers need more customer service training.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Quiltwright
True Blue Farmgirl

346 Posts

Cristy
LAKE HAVASU CITY AZ
USA
346 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2016 :  3:18:22 PM  Show Profile
In California, many of our postal workers are subcontractors and not getting their pay directly from the USPS. Things have really changed. On a happy note though, my hubby picked up mail today and has let me know I have many surprises when I get home. Can't wait!

Enjoying the day!
Cristy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Easter Fabrics 10" Square Swap SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page