Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  11:16:58 AM  Show Profile
I'm officially on Christmas vacation!!!!! Hope y'all don't get sick of me!

O, Come let us adore HIM! www.beequilting.blogspot.com

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  11:42:15 AM  Show Profile
Kick up your heels, pour yourself a drink, and have a mooooosssee t well deserved holiday! My hubby made chocolate mousse and just because it is pronounced like 'moose' I thought of you! Nance
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  11:43:32 AM  Show Profile
Ah shucks!

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  11:46:40 AM  Show Profile
bonnie .. have you finished your christmas shopping and wrapping .. or will this fill some of those 'vacation' daze? xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  11:51:37 AM  Show Profile
Most all is finished. DH and I will go together Saturday to finish shopping for the kids and have a dinner "date". For some reason I always wrap Christmas Eve. It's self-torture I know, but it's somehow become a little tradition with me.(this is after spending the day/evening with my parents for our Christmas Celebrations)
Bonnie

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  12:10:17 PM  Show Profile
Good Bonnie, now we can be home at the same time. What do you want to do?
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  12:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I'll be on Christmas break in about an hour! No office insanity, no lost students, no street people begging for money, no daily car wrecks outside my window on Broadway! Just tea in the sunroom and a nice stack of books to read for the next 11 days!!! Hooray! Oops, I almost forgot...THRIFT STORE SHOPPING! :)

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  12:37:41 PM  Show Profile
Good for you Bonnie, enjoy it and dont' worry, we won't get tired of you at all!!! Hugs!!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
And my new food blog at: www.homesteadblogger.com/gardencafe
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  12:43:38 PM  Show Profile
Enjoy!
I'm like Nancy, I saw a gift called Moose in a Can and thought hmmmm bet Bonnie has one of these in her collection.

Are you off all the way until after New Years?

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2006 :  03:04:07 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I work at the school so I get all the good vacations!
As you can see by the time stamp, my dog got me up at her normal time! That's ok today, there's plenty to do!

Janice, do you work in the school office?

Nancy Jo, we could get in trouble at Thrift Stores after Christmas, but it probably won't be in my budget next week...maybe Easter break!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2006 :  3:22:13 PM  Show Profile
I am officially on vacation today too. I have a "What were you thinking?!?!?" thing going on now though. I was "Volunteered" to play hockey with the students today and even though I scored ten goals (YAY) I am in agony now. The kids thought it was awesome and now refer to me as "The Beast," so of course I can never let on that I paid a high price for that event. LOL I will need that hot bath tonight for sure. Maybe 45 years old is a little too old for the teacher to be schooling the kids at hockey. If it makes the future students coming my way next year a little worried though, it might have been worth it. Enjoy!! Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  05:36:13 AM  Show Profile
Yeah!! Christmas vacation. My daughter is home and it feels so nice to have everyone around. I hope to sew and sew some more. Bonnie, I can't wait to read your various posts on here.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  12:38:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Sheryl-lyn-HOCKEY? Ouch!!!

Clare, I love having my kids home too! I don't know how much they will stick around home next week though!

Edited by - Beemoosie on Dec 23 2006 12:39:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  5:39:35 PM  Show Profile
I also always loved having my kids home during the vacations. Never could understand how so many people could not wait to have them back at school. Since my son always hated going to school, it was a time of no stress and family fun. My daughter loved school but loved being home more. They are older now, but we still love it when everyone is home from college.

P.S. I had to take a Mobic (something for muscles) today since I could not get out of bed without sounding like Frankenstein. Still went to my quilting class though! :O
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2006 :  11:30:33 AM  Show Profile
Happy vacation to you "schoolies"! Sheryl-lyn, you have me grinning. It will be worth it if next years kids are awe-struck, but OUCH! Bonnie, have fun!!!!

Adoring HIM,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2006 :  11:31:39 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I just remembered: When you go back to school, there are always snowdays, right????

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2006 :  11:38:47 AM  Show Profile
Hey Bonnie, I'm a Moose-a-holic too! Even my License plate says: MoosyLu. I just LOVE moose!! I painted a 3ft X 4ft moose for my entry way. My kitchen is mooselike too! How about you? What started your facinantion? And do you decorate "moose"? Ohhh, now I have a moose sister!!! Hugs, Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  04:48:58 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Phils Ann

Oh, I just remembered: When you go back to school, there are always snowdays, right????

There is a Redeemer.

Yes Ann, I am as bad as the kids when it comes to snow days!
Our school hasn't used many in quite a few years though!

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  04:56:19 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Luzy

Hey Bonnie, I'm a Moose-a-holic too! Even my License plate says: MoosyLu. I just LOVE moose!! I painted a 3ft X 4ft moose for my entry way. My kitchen is mooselike too! How about you? What started your facinantion? And do you decorate "moose"? Ohhh, now I have a moose sister!!! Hugs, Lu

--

OH Luanne! You are kidding! How cool! I have always loved nature and animals and about 10 years ago I fell in love with a red flannel nighty gown with moose silowhettes (sp) on it in the National Wildlife catalog. It just grew from there! I love those big long noses and dark brown eyes. I do have moose and pinecones all over the house. I love warm woodsy colors and do have moose in every room of the house! It's kind of Moose with a bit of country/cabin/and anything else I like mixed in! You'll have to check out my blog and see some of my moosie things around the house! I would love to see your Moose too!
XO
Bonnie

Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  05:37:10 AM  Show Profile
Im on vacation also until Jan. 2. So looking forward to watching movies w/ my daughter, having time w/ her & hubby. Love it when were all home together.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  05:42:52 AM  Show Profile
It is nice isn't it, Michele? The rest of the year is so hectic, my kids have this, that and the other going on, it is just nice to be together. My husband had to go back to work today though, but I will have the house nicer, and more effort into dinner for him, since I'm home!

Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  10:43:45 AM  Show Profile
Hey Bonnie, I just went to your blog and saw all your cool moose stuff! I just love it ALL!! Our downstairs family room is called the lodge. I too love the cabin/lodge thing. And guess what?? I have the same jammies, only in pajamas, not a gown!!! Have you ever seen the catalog 'Wildwings"? I think you can go online and order a free one. They have beautiful cabin furnishings. They are pretty expensive tho. I get lots of ideas there. Actually, I did my first moose painting from an idea in that catalog. It's a big moose head coming through a window. I put real torn screen over the front so it looks like he's really poking his head through. That's what started my moose fetish!! I've been fascinated with moose noses. They look so soft like velvet. Just love them! Oh I could go on and on, but will save that for another time. We should have a moose swap!! I have some patterns too that you might like. Gotta run, keep in touch and feel free to email me. With much moose love, Lu
P.S. My Mom's name is Bonnie!

--
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Yippeeeee!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page