True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  11:01:41 PM  Show Profile
have you ever done this!!

went to the DOLLAR STORE (ha! i call it the TWENTY DOLLAR STORE .. cuz' i never get out of there without spending at least that much!) but aren't they FUN!!!

bought .. yep! TWENTY dollars worth of doo-dads (stocking stuffer books for neighborhood kids and a few household products). got to the checkout and waited in line long enough that i had to take a 'wicked pee' .. had seen a sign on the door that said 'no merchandise' .. i figured this meant paid for and unpaid for. since, if you take your bag in there .. a person might stuff some 'extras' in there .. soooooo .. i paid for my merchandise .. and asked the young girl behind the counter if i could leave my bag there .. could she please watch it for me while i went potty. she said yes that will be o.k.

WELL .. you guessed it .. when i returned there was no sign of the girl who waited on me OR my package! she just left the lane and went to do something else in the store and left my package lying there!

the assistant manager couldn't do anything about it .. but i got a call yesterday saying they would reimburse me since the girl had said it was o.k.

(i also found out it is O.K. to take your paid for merchandise into the bathroom!)

well, silly me! i shan't do that little trick again!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  05:32:34 AM  Show Profile
What a bummer, Frannie! We live and learn, eh?

XO
Bonnie

O, Come let us adore HIM! www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  05:54:44 AM  Show Profile
Frannie! This is why our mothers told us to go pee before we leave for shopping! Tee hee. Just kidding.

I'm glad you got your money refunded -- sometimes those young clerks just don't have a clue, and it's good that the store recognized its responsibility in this case.

Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  11:11:44 AM  Show Profile
Ohh yeah gal pals....Pee before leaving to shop and DEFINITELY make sure the wee ones (pun intended) have peed before zipping up that cumbersome snowsuit!!!! Nance
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  11:44:52 AM  Show Profile
ha! with diabetes .. the urge can strike when you least expect it .. however, i must admit .. i did expect it! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  1:18:42 PM  Show Profile
What a frustrating trip, Frannie. It sure would have tried MY patience! Much sympathy for the diabetes bit, too.

Ann... who stops shopping when the urge hits... and drives HOME!

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  3:16:20 PM  Show Profile
I have to confess, ever since I started taking that little blue pill, I can go to the grocery, run errands, and run into a friend for a casual conversation and not have to be honed in on the closest restroom.

Heck, I used to know where every bathroom in town was!

I almost didn't do it because really it's a lifestyle drug, but I was going so frequently! I was getting up in the night, too; and that was messing with my sleep. My doctor gave me a sample, and I realized how much easier life could be. Now life is sure a LOT better!

Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  3:59:51 PM  Show Profile
That was a frustraing trip. so sorry for you.
I am Diabetic too. I have to make sure where the bathrooms are.
It never fails I have to go. pinkroses
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  4:44:23 PM  Show Profile
What are symptoms of beginning Type II diabetes? Your comments are making me curious. I have always been overweight but lately have noticed some things like suddenly, urgently having to go, or a "ketosis" smell, or getting dizzy just before lunch (even if i ate breakfast a few hours before) I guess I am overdue for a checkup at the doctor...

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2006 :  6:32:07 PM  Show Profile
ha! actually gurlfrenz .. i don't usually hafta' wet my pants! i love iced tea and drink a ton of it when i'm 'out and about' .. and THAT i believe is the real culprit!

miz brenda .. honestly, don't ask or take advice from anyone about what might or might not be symptoms of diabetes (or any other illness for that fact). diabetes is a very 'personal' disease and effects many people in many different ways .. I NEVER had ANY symptoms .. and one day at my regularl check-up .. WHAMMO! i was told i had diabetes (type two) .. this year i 'graduated' to type ONE (insulin dependent).

it is a pain in the butt .. butt .. i keep telling myself there are a lot worse things out there to have (IF it is taken care of) .. if NOT .. it becomes one of the WORSE things out there. i figger until i'm hoppin' around on a pogo stick cuz' my feet got chopped off .. or am dragging a dialisis machine up and down the hills in kentucky .. i'm not so bad off.

GO TO A GOOD DOCTOR AND HAVE TESTS DONE FOR DIABETES. TELL YOUR "DOCTOR" YOUR SYMPTOMS. don't WORRY about it .. just have it checked out! could be diabetes, could be a thousand other things .. could be nuthin!!! and yep! DO LOSE WEIGHT .. THAT IS ONE OF THE BIGGIE'S FOR KICKING A PERSON INTO DIABETES .. NOT TO MENTION HEART DISEASE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. i'm not sure what a ketosis smell even smells like.

yep, darlin .. to the doc with you! don't go to pieces if you do have diabetes or pre- .. jus' keep a good and happy attitude and do what the doc tells you to do.

xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic well DANG! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page