CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  8:37:48 PM  Show Profile
oh .. i had such fun shopping for books that had little 'characters' with them tonight for the kids in our family! got charlotte's web (and a soft little pink pig stuffed animal) .. the book also had a little 'web' necklace with it! got 'happy feet' and a dear little penguin .. got a book from my own childhood "pokey little puppy" with the cutest little puppy dog animal .. got one on dinosaurs and a 'baby dinosaur' .. (looked for another copy of 'walter the farting dog .. with the stuffed puppy that 'poots') .. got that one for my grandson last year and wanted another for a little nephew .. but just can't find it anywhere this year! and i got a 'pony' and pony book for ... i swear .. the cutest little red-headed girl on this earth. my brother's daughter's daughter. i've seen photos of her and thought she was the homeliest little child i'd ever seen. when we met her at my dad's funeral .. she melted our hearts! BEAUTIFUL .. BEAUTIFUL .. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! and the most soulful eyes i've ever seen on a child! RED HAIR .. gentle, wispy little being .. and when hank (a complete stranger to her .. and with a FUZZY face (beard/mustache) asked for a kiss .. she took her two precious little hands and cupped his face in them and kissed him gently on the cheek .. i will NEVER forget that moment .. i swear .. it was absolutely spiritual. when he asked her what she would like for santa to bring her for christmas .. she sweetly replied "a pony".

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  10:31:27 PM  Show Profile
"Walter the Farting Dog"?!?!?!?!?! Now, really, Frannie - !

Your little "niece" sounds darling - what a sweetie-pie, too. Those children will just love their books and little "guys" that go with them. What lucky little ones!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

peapodjane
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

127 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  03:14:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh!
I love the "Walter" books, I think there are 3 in the series now, I just laugh when I read them...They have good messages worked into them also! Good luck finding the one you are looking for! Yeah,Walter!
peapodjane
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  03:35:47 AM  Show Profile
What a neat idea to match a book and a critter!
One of my daughter's favorites was The Pokey Little Puppy!

O, Come let us adore HIM! www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  04:19:59 AM  Show Profile
The "Walter" books sound so funny - I can't wait to look for them for my little boys, too - and Bonnie - my husband grew up with the "Pokey Little Puppy" also. I just love hearing about kids books like these - my little one (3) loves to be read to, and I love to read to him!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  05:04:10 AM  Show Profile
I am sure I don't have to tell you, Libbie, but treasure that time! I know every momma says it, but it's true, one moment you are reading to your little ones and tucking them in and the next moment they are just about grown up!
I am nostolgic today, my daughter turn 14 over the weekend!!!

O, Come let us adore HIM! www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  05:11:31 AM  Show Profile
quote:
when he asked her what she would like for santa to bring her for christmas .. she sweetly replied "a pony".

Ahhhh.... Send that child to me; I'll fix her up.
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic books and critters Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page