CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  08:03:59 AM  Show Profile
was talking with my daughter, Wednesday, this morning .. she told me that the wife of Will Smith (Jada Pinkett) just donated a million dollars to their high school in Baltimore, Maryland .. "Baltimore High School for the Performing Arts". Wednesday attended this high school and both Jada and Tupac Shakur were classmates of hers. (She in Ballet .. Jada in Theater and Tupac in Music). Wednesday majored in 'ballet' and went on to take classes at the University of Utah (which has a wonderful ballet program). She was only there for a year when she called one evening and told us to 'sit down .. she wanted to tell us something'. I knew it was nothing awful .. (i swear .. she is such an angel child!) ... living out west .. where her childhood roots are from ... (Colorado) .. and watching her dad's career all her life .. she fell deeper in love with the environment .. and told us: "the earth needs healing .. and i want to be a band-aid" .. she decided she wanted to be an 'environmental attorney' like her dad. i told her we had watched her dance all her life and she must follow her dream. well .. she did become an attorney .. and soon will start a job in the 'environmental' field of law. she interned in the Environment Division at the U.S. Department of Justice where her dad worked .. and someday hopes to go back to D.C. (IF Frank's career leads him there). MEANWHILE .. she is fulfilling her life's true dream of being a mommy to Lucas and Sofia. Isn't it awesome the different roads we travel down in this lifetime!

what roads have we travelled .. are we all fulfilling our dreams as they change with each decade that passes?

(i watched a movie on tv last night .. and there was a line that especially struck me .. it was a buddhist priest speaking .. and i know we all have our individual spiritual beliefs .. and i honor EACH and EVERY ONE of them .. no matter what paths they lead us down ..

he said: "we are all shadows here for awhile" .. (there was more to it .. but .. that particular statement spoke to my heart and i started thinking about how important it is to 'follow our dreams' while on this earth.

well, now .. don't i just 'wax poetic' this morning! guess i better go have some coffee and do some fun christmas shopping .. that is my simple dream this morning!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  08:11:06 AM  Show Profile
Hey - I just figured out our 6 degrees of seperation Frannie! The high school guidence counselor at our school has a daughter who was REALLY amazing in basketball and played womens b-ball. Quite some time ago her daughter starred in some movie about womens basketball with Jada Pinket Smith! So I (1) know the lady(2), who knows her daughter(3), who knows Jada(4), who knows your daughter(5), who knows YOU(6)! Were practically SISTERS!!!! LOL

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  10:28:50 AM  Show Profile
How cute Julie! We are all sisters!

Wonderful for the both of you girls!

farmgirl hugs, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!

www.strawberryhousequilting.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  10:37:22 AM  Show Profile
oh julie .. i do love and believe in those 6 degrees! hugs, your SISTER frannie!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

gregs_lil_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

219 Posts

birdi
hartford me
USA
219 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  10:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Send gregs_lil_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
That is cute!! And Frannie, the line from the movie is definitly moving...I can see how that would leave a lasting impression...Thank you for sharing:)

-Simple pleasures make my heart smile-
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  8:25:59 PM  Show Profile
birdi .. it was an ex-buddhist monk speaking to a young woman doctor who's beloved husband and son were shot to death in a robbery in america .. she was the first person to find their bodies. she was in such depths of sorrow .. she and her sister went to RANGOON on 'vacation' and were caught up in a terrible civil war. the 'sad' sister got delayed because her passport was stolen. she lived through horrific times .. as she and a man who had been a buddhist monk at one time ran and saw such brutal treatment of the people at the hands of a militant army .. watching killings (including a young mother and child who witnessed her own husband being shot to death as they were all just across the river to a safer haven). at one point in the movie when a group of people (including the 'professor' (who had been a monk) and the woman doctor were hiding in the jungle, she dreams that her tiny son appears and tells his mom that she needs to 'let him go'. she awakes and tells the buddhist that she wants to believe that they are safe in heaven together .. and asks about his beliefs of the afterlife .. to which he replies: 'they are shadows' .. as 'we are shadows' for awhile.

at the end of the movie .. this young doctor chooses to stay just across the river at the refugee camp and try to help all the wounded who do make it across the river.

oh gurlfrenz ... this is NOT to start a controversy on anyone's beliefs .. but just to say that i was touched by his statement and what that thought made me think of upon hearing it. xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  06:15:58 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Now I know I may sound naive or dumb but is your daughter's name Wednesday? If so that is awesome!:)

"... to thine ownself be true."
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  07:35:29 AM  Show Profile
yes, miz bridget .. (i was in my 'hippie' chapter!) and i wanted something truly 'different' ... she was born on halloween (on a SATURDAY) .. and my other little daughter (five years old named KRISTEN .. and by the way, i had only heard of ONE other Kristen up to that time .. shortly thereafter, there was an EXPLOSION of KRISTEN's born into this world .. soooo .. i decided the next daughter i had .. if i had to name her the ALPHABET BACKWARDS .. ha! while it would indeed be difficult to 'pronounce' .. she WOULD have a DIFFERENT name. anyway, our daughter Kristen suggested "WENDY the Good Little Witch .. from the Casper the Friendly Ghost stories. I LOVED it but wanted something that WENDY could come from (just in CASE she hated my more bizzarre choice!) Well, WEDNESDAY came to me .. and so it was. We always called her WEDNESDAY .. my 'family' mostly called her WENDY .. when WEDNESDAY was old enough to talk, she told everyone she wanted to please be called WEDNESDAY ... and so they did!

To my knowledge she was never 'teased' about it .. and she LOVED it .. because it set her apart as the 'unique' child she was! And having been in 'drama/modelling/music/dance and theatre' most of her life .. it was PERFECT!

HA! she is now an ATTORNEY .. and still adores the uniqueness of her name.

THANKS for liking DIFFERENT gurlfren! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  08:16:48 AM  Show Profile
I'm kind of into unusual namaes now. My sister has chosen an unusual name for her son that will be born in april and some of the extended family on her husbands side is giving her a hard time. The name she has chosen is Silas Garamond Eacret. Silas is unusual but it is a biblical name and Garamond is from the font called garamond. Her husband is a graphic designer and loves the font garamond. It originated in the 15th C. Anyway I love my sisters choice because it is special to them. Whatever the name I think it is neat to have a story behind it. thanks for sharing Wednesdays story!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  3:46:57 PM  Show Profile
Ha! My grandsons are named Aiden and Ethan. Both daughters thought they were choosing unique and unusual names - I just heard a few nights ago on the news that Aiden is #1 most popular name this year and Ethan is #3!

No telling how this happens... Were there movies? Movie stars? Who knows?

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Jada Pinkett Smith Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page