CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  10:05:03 PM  Show Profile
saw 'in pursuit of happYness' tonight .. what a triumphant life! good movie .. not an academy award winner .. but very well done portraying a rags to riches story.

anyone else seen this one yet?

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  10:11:47 PM  Show Profile
I saw Will Smith, along with the real life man he portrays on Oprah this week. I would like to see this one...

Was it sad?

I have been kind of down in the dumps, being sick for so long is depressing...I don't want to watch anything really sad, I might start crying and not stop!

Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2006 :  05:21:32 AM  Show Profile
We saw this last night (Fri. nights are date nights with Dh). It was really great! Will
Smith did a wonderful job protraying this real life character and his son was awesome! It is really sad in parts, esp. if you have sons. I kept looking over at my DH and appreciating the close relationship that is really developing with our 3 boys. It is a good one!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

www.vintagechica.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2006 :  2:16:50 PM  Show Profile
it was sad .. but not 'boo-hooing sad' .. maybe because we know there is a 'happy ending' .. and the bonding between the boy and his dad was beautiful .. anyone heard how old the boy is today and what he is doing in life? did the guy ever re-marry?

it was a movie made for hollywood .. and i don't think enough 'story' was told about his wife. she held down two jobs and seemed really frustrated. i'm sure the 'whole story' of their relationship was not told. he might not have been all 'sweeet and kindness' to her during these frustrating times. she was not 'messing around' on him .. it seemed that she was extremely frustrated at empty promises and foolish financial ventures on his part. she certainly seemed to love her son .. but knew in the end that she could not take care of him.

wowzer! look at me taking the woman's side! well .. NOT REALLY .. i just think the film might have given a more in-depth look at her .. but bet they couldn't do that without 'tarninshing' his halo a little. she was NOT portrayed as bad or evil in any way.

the friends i went with thought the movie 'dragged' .. but i looked at it as a day to day survival.

he certainly is to be admired for loving his son. xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic happYness Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page