Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic SIGN UP FOR VALENTINE COOKIE SWAP ***UPDATE** Next Topic
Page: of 2

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  03:07:20 AM  Show Profile
I am waiting for a posted list. If anyone would post the list, we can contact our own partner. If momof2jrt does not post a list by today, I will partner up each person who is still interested. There is still time to bake and get cookies out. I will check i nthis afternoon.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

momto6
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Valerie
Goltry OK
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  04:01:48 AM  Show Profile
If the people on the list are not matched up yet, I need to bow out of this swap. Please let me know if this is acceptable. Val
Go to Top of Page

momof2jrt
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Denise
grafton wv
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  05:49:56 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry for the confusion....I have sent emails to each individual...that was paired up...If you did not get the email let me know..

denise
Go to Top of Page

momof2jrt
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Denise
grafton wv
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  07:13:50 AM  Show Profile
Some of you received your email and obviously some of you didnt...I never did post that this was OFF.....Someone asked if it was still on and I responded that it was OFF(over)
I will post your names here..as partners..

val and babs
bridge and ronna
kathy and clare
becky and aunt george

Thanks
denise
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  8:57:32 PM  Show Profile
Becky,
Your box will be going out tomorrow. I hope you like what I am sending you. My oven never did get fixed, they have to order a new part. The part is here, but.....they won't send a repairman until February 19!!! I have been without my oven for over a month now....I'm NOT happy about that!!!! But I hope you will like your Valentine goody box!!!
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!

UPDATE: Monday: Becky your box went out priority today!

Edited by - Aunt George on Feb 12 2007 4:39:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  10:09:28 AM  Show Profile
Mine to Bridge went out priority Monday also, as usual I was late in mailing. Ironic that we were matched for the swap, since she just bought a grain mill for her new KA mixer from me. Just never know what might be hiding in my cupboards or storage just waiting for the right new home!
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  4:19:25 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Becky!! The cookies are so so yummy. They made it mostly whole!! My mom and I had just sat down for some tea and a movie when the mailman came with this box full of the most beautiful and yummiest cookies you can imagine!! Mom loved them, she said one of the frostings tasted lemony and was just so good with her tea!!

Thank you sosososososo much. Delicious!! I haven't posted it yet, but I snapped a photo of the beautiful cookies before we dug in!! I'll post it later, still taking care of the kiddies right now.

Thank you sooooooo much Becky!!

Oh, and if yours doesn't fit, I'll be glad to stitch up one that will!! Sorry about my oven still being broken! Sears promised it would be fixed last week!!

G

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  7:34:11 PM  Show Profile
I got a cute pink and purple valentine container full of individually valentine wrapped heart shaped cut out cookies with red jelly centers and drizzled chocolate on top. Yummy. The little cutout hearts are also in the container and some endangered species chocolate treats. So sweet and the container will be reused too.
Thanks Bridge!! What fun
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  10:49:22 AM  Show Profile
I've posted a photo of the wonderful cookies I received yesterday. It is in my blog, just click on the link below my name....oh, and let me warn you, my mug is there too.

G

Go to Top of Page

beckels
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

becky
warrington pa
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  11:49:48 AM  Show Profile
I came home Thursday after another fun day at work and asked did we get any mail (the plowtruck knocked our mailbox and a few of the neighbors down from our big snowstorm - really it was snow ice and good old sleet) and my dad said yea the mailman dropped a box off - so running off to kitchen I found my surprises - A Apron and some candy and other munchies (I drank the pink chocolate today) -

Thank you Thank You for Aunt George for the valentine surprise (and dont worry one day that oven willbe repaired!!

beckels

p.s. And I'm glad your cookies arrived so your mom and u to enjoy
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  9:06:08 PM  Show Profile
Becky, I'm so glad you got the package and it arrived on a horrible day, to hopefully cheer you up!! I do hope the apron fits and that you like it. I can always alter it a bit for you if it doesn't fit. And guess what....the oven repairman came today! So hubby requested his favorite right away...Scotch Shortbread, and with a family name of Campbell no less. I've never had the pink hot cocoa. I hope it was good!

Take care and thanks for being such a great swap partner. Did you get your mailbox repaired yet?

Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2007 :  06:29:22 AM  Show Profile
Hello, enchantedwoodsgirl. I received my delightful package from you yesterday. What a lovely surprise, so many layers to unfold and enjoy.

I love the tin. I have a red one from years back. I love to use them for storage with buttons or beads. My red one holds a loose tea in it. I thin kI will store buttons in this one.

Then, to find a pretty yellow napkin. We only use cloth napkins at my home. I love it!!! Thank you so much. Such a pretty, cheerful yellow flowered print to really warm up this mid-winter snowed in time.

Then, to find seeds for flowers for summer. THANK YOU!! I was just thinking that as soon as I can get into town, I want to cruise the seed aisle at KMart and check for some for next year. We can't start seeds inside until April 1, but I am so looking forward to growing some sweet williams that you sent.

And, at the very last, a package of delicious orange chocolate fudge. The smell permeated the package, and I had a hard time not ripping everything to get to it first. :-) There is still a few pieces left in the refrigerator for today. The family loved it, sweet with that delicate orange flavor. We happen to love oranges and clematines, so it was PERFECT! Thank you so much.

I opened up the card last and hung my valentine on my swag over the back sliding doors. Thank you so much. You really made my day. Even though we had a lovely snowed in Valentine's Day and days off since for short mid-winter break, my children got sick. So, it has not been what I expected. The package really cheered me and warmed my heart. Thank you, Kathy.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2007 :  5:36:09 PM  Show Profile
I got the most delicious brownies from Ronna!! Thanks so much!!

They are almost gone, I really enjoyed them!!! :)

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

beckels
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

becky
warrington pa
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2007 :  6:38:46 PM  Show Profile
Aunt George - we bungee fixed our mailbox. My dad feeling on it is that it is dented and the door still open and closes so we bungee to a top of a metal pole stuck in concrete. he refuses any donation of a new mailbox - just resets the concrete each spring

(I guess that happens when u live on a buzy road)

beckels

the apron fits and the pink chocolate was great!!(and the candy was to!!)
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2007 :  9:12:39 PM  Show Profile
Clare makes the most decadent biscotti - hehehe, I have some hidden for later......and dipped in dark chocolate no doubt - I will feel less guilty eating them since dark chocolate is better for our health!

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic SIGN UP FOR VALENTINE COOKIE SWAP ***UPDATE** Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page