Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Foot Pain (pics posted)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Foot Pain (pics posted) Next Topic  

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  5:45:22 PM  Show Profile
If you look down at your left foot, on the left which is the outside of your foot just about 2 inches behind your left pinky toe, your foot kind of sticks out a bit. Kinda comes to a mild point? Well, if you can understand that, and get an idea of where I'm talking about then you are a genius! Anyways, This "point" where that part of my foot sticks out is always getting bruised. It is a bruise that is on top of my foot and on the side and all the way onto the bottom. It is worse on the left foot than the right, but they both bruise, and both are a bit painful...hence the bruising or vice versa.

I have looked and looked online for human foot anatomy, but I cannot find anything on this part of the foot. Anyone had this problem with the foot/feet? Or does anyone have a medical book that shows what this part of the foot is called?? I found something called metatarsal, but when I searched for metatarsal pain, it was in the wrong place. I wear all kinds of shoes, and haven't gotten any new ones that would cause this all of a sudden. The only thing that could have caused it would be my anti depressant, which bruising is a side effect, but very very rare. Obviously something inside my foot is causing blood vessels to break or leak blood causing the bruise, but I am stumped!!
Thanks,
Cristine

Edited by - MsCwick on Dec 14 2006 10:43:25 PM

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  8:55:11 PM  Show Profile
I have no clue! I have suffered from heal pain and was finally able to heal it holistically after 2 years struggling with drs. If that is what you are interested in doing you may just want to see a doctor to get "diagnosed" so you have more of an idea of what to research online. Good luck and keep us posted. I am curious!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  11:28:27 PM  Show Profile
Okay...I have grabbed my daughter's pathophysiology book here. The lump/bruise is at the base of the fifth metatarsal bone where it joins the cuboid bone. Looking at this diagram, this metatarsal really "flares" out from the rest of the foot at its base, so I would doubt it involves the cuboid.
Wow, I feel so smart. I hope there isn't a test!
Di

ps. cute toes btw

Edited by - DaisyFarm on Dec 14 2006 11:36:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2006 :  04:47:00 AM  Show Profile
Oh Christine, I'd see a doctor if I were you. It looks so painful, and no wonder all your shoes hurt--there's swelling there. Try a podiatrist, maybe. Hugs to you,

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2006 :  05:09:09 AM  Show Profile
I would see a doctor too, before it gets any worse, my only idea would be a calicum deposit? Good luck and let us know.

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
And my new food blog at: www.homesteadblogger.com/gardencafe
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2006 :  08:48:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I too would recommend a doctor's visit ASAP. That is either a lot of swelling or your feet just don't look like mine! That looks so painful!
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  4:20:10 PM  Show Profile
Both feet have this little hump on them on the outsides, but all of a sudden, I got out of bed one morning and realized the side of my foot hurt and by the end of the day(during summer w/o shoes) there was a 2-3 inch BAD bruise, and it's been doing it ever since.
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  8:24:25 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
That spot is where a bone connects to a tendon, you may have tendonitis there or something like that. When I was in high school, I twisted my foot and tore that tendon off of the bone that goes to the pinky toe. Metatarsals are the bones that are just back from the toes (or phalanges) in the foot, so metatarsal pain could be anywhere in the foot from the tarsals forward. (It's basically the five bones that connect to the five toes.) Anyway, you should probably have it checked out. I had to wear a cast brace for any physical activity for a year after I injured my foot there...and that was as a teenager, so I probably healed faster than I would if I were to injure that place nowadays.

Katee

A life without love is like a year without summer.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  10:13:21 PM  Show Profile
chile! don't mess around with your health .. go see your doctor. if you are on meds .. call your doc and talk with him/her. too often we let something go too long until it gets worse .. i strongly recommend never diagnosing yourself .. there are so many variables and things that symptoms could be. see your doctor! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Foot Pain (pics posted) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page