Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Looking for 2 things -- towels and a quilt kit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Looking for 2 things -- towels and a quilt kit Next Topic  

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  11:40:45 AM  Show Profile
I finally found the 7 days a week pattern I've always wanted, but I can't find nice quality dish towels to embroider them on. I found some at Wal-Mart, but they're really thin. Does anyone know of a source for more sturdy/thick feedsack style towels?

Also, I've fallen in love with a quilt that I would love to make for dh & my bedroom, but it's really pricey. It's "Starry Night" from Moda University and costs $115 locally. I found it online for $110, but that's still more than I can afford. I know the material is very good quality, etc, etc., but I was hoping to find it somewhere cheaper. Anyone have any ideas where too look?

Thanks, ladies!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  11:53:31 AM  Show Profile
I would try eBay, and the Fat Quarter Shop on line. They have some nice kits! Prairie Point on line too!

Hope you find what your looking for!

Enjoy, farmgirl hugs, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!

www.strawberryhousequilting.com
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  2:58:59 PM  Show Profile
This site was recommended by Candismom on an earlier post about dinner napkins. I checked it out and plan on stocking up on towels and napkins to work on in the New Year. Maybe you will like it too.
www.allaboutblanks.com

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  09:45:51 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies! I plan to sit down at the computer and browse awhile tonight. Right now, unfortunately, I'm only taking a short breather and need to get back to grading research papers. (This, too, shall pass, right? )

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  11:04:28 AM  Show Profile
Patti, at least you are GRADING research papers and not DOING research papers!!!
Bonnie

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  08:59:32 AM  Show Profile
True, but if I was writing one for each class of a full load, I'd be writing 6. I'm grading 96 of them!! It wouldn't be too bad if I could just read them and give them the grade, but I have to write comments on them as I read, mark errors (so they know why the received points of for mechanical/grammatical errors), etc. After I finish the papers, I have 110 finals to grade.

I'm pretty used to grading the papers, though, My 96 EN100 (Freshman Comp) students have written 5 essays this semester (this paper is the last of the 5), so I've done this every few weeks. Some of them are really well-written, interesting, etc., and the grading goes pretty quick, but then there are the ones that are painful to read and difficult to score.

Oh well, after this week I'm done grading until January.

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  11:50:19 AM  Show Profile
Wow! When you put it that way...maybe writing ONE paper isn't so bad! LOL You will enjoy your Christmas break!!

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Looking for 2 things -- towels and a quilt kit Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page