Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Easter Mug Rug Swap-Partners Posted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Easter Mug Rug Swap-Partners Posted Next Topic
Page: of 4

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  12:20:35 PM  Show Profile
I expected the box I set up to be posted wasn't picked up at all. My grandson brought it into the house yesterday because of the wild storm going on. I will take it to the post office today. So the Easter fun is on its way.

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
http://vintagehousegoods.blogspot.com
http://etsy.com/shop/Vintagehousegoods
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6585 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6585 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  6:44:08 PM  Show Profile
I received my box this evening Maryellen, will email you and post pictures tomorrow. I love my mug rug it is beautiful too pretty to use, I can not wait to share it with everyone. So many pretty things! Till tomorrow, have a great evening everyone.
Thank you so much Maryellen, you have filled my heart with joy!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6585 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6585 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  6:50:01 PM  Show Profile
p
I wanted to share with all of you the Sweet treasures my partner Maryellen sent me. The Mug Rug is so cute with the rabbit and eggs, what a talent you are Maryellen! The beautiful napkin with my initial and in blue my favorite color, sadly the cute coffee mug she got me to match with my initial and all the spring colors did not make it:-( She like me likes the Amish people so she sent me an Amish book by Beverley Lewis that I have not read, candy bars, a variety of tea, and last but not least she made me the sweetest Easter Card. Thank you so very much Maryellen for all the wonderful gifts, especially the homemade ones and being such a thoughtful swap partner! Your package should be there Saturday.

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Mar 03 2016 6:51:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  7:51:13 PM  Show Profile
You are amazingly talented and you have been very busy Mary Ellen. Debbie you had a great swap partner. Enjoy.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  06:08:13 AM  Show Profile
Such a darling Easter Mug Rug, MaryEllen! Enjoy all of your goodies, Debbie!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  07:28:38 AM  Show Profile
Lovely goodies received so far! My box to Diana was brought to the post office yesterday. Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com

Edited by - ceridwen on Mar 04 2016 10:23:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  09:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Portia -

Your package is going out today!
Hope you ENJOY what I made you!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  2:03:27 PM  Show Profile
Emailed my partner

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  2:05:15 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I just saw your post. I know I will enjoy it because everything you do is wonderful! I will mail yours by the 7th. I will let you know when I do.

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2016 :  05:08:48 AM  Show Profile
Mary~ One of Peter Cottontail's helper Hens is flying to Texas with some Easter fun for you. I hope you enjoy!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2307 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2307 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2016 :  07:28:40 AM  Show Profile
What wonderful packages everyone is getting, so happy everyone is having fun!

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  07:45:46 AM  Show Profile

These are my goodies from Carole.

Love them all

Thank You Thank You Thank You

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2016 :  1:32:54 PM  Show Profile
I mailed my box out last week. Has it been received?

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
http://vintagehousegoods.blogspot.com
http://etsy.com/shop/Vintagehousegoods
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1509 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1509 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2016 :  3:25:51 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
My box was sent late, as usual... This is why I never sign up for swaps! Sorry Maryellen. It is on it's way! <3 Hope your birthday was fabulous!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Maryellen
Stanfield North Carolina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2016 :  04:10:04 AM  Show Profile
Deb, what a blessing to have you as a swap partner. I will try and post pictures today. Deb handmade her entire mugrug! Now how special is that. Also she did Easter on one side and St. Pat's on the other. Wow is all I can say. Deb also included extras to help celebrate my birthday. Super sweet. A gorgeous piece of fabric, a little notebook, and some seeds I can't wait to plant. Thank you so much Deb. Hugs, Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2016 :  04:29:30 AM  Show Profile
My mail out IS running late. I'll blame it on all our rain in Texas ( Spring cleaning and using it as an excuse to not leave the house)' in and out of town these last two weeks for quilting bee, organic gardening classes, grand kiddo track meets, and much much more.
---- So my rug may should be singing its way to my partner by weeks end. Ok maybe Monday if I'm honest.

I do have a prayer request. My teenage grand daughter spent 10 am to 9 pm Sunday in the ER undergoing test for severe abdominal pain. This is not the first time. Doctors have been trying to rule out things for over a year. Nada, nicht, nein-- nothing. All the normal stuff has been ruled out . Tests, tests, more tests..

This was the longest pain attack she has --- Soooo... I would appreciate prayers from my lovely Farm Girl Sisters as we try to find an answer so we can target the right treatment. Thank you so much.

Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2016 :  04:38:58 AM  Show Profile
Mary, how was your quilting retreat? How many ladies went? What were you and the others working on? I will pray for your granddaughter. Could she have endometriosis?

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2016 :  1:37:50 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Marilyn,

Actually endometriosis is one diagnosis they are looking at. They put her on a BC pill to limit her periods to one every 4 months, to control tissue buildup.
My daughter said that they only diffinative test would be surgery. Certainly there is some other way to rule this in or out than surgery.

I mentioned the hormone connection to our American beef and milk with bovine growth hormones, and suggested she go organic for her. She also is into yoghurt now and Doctor also suggested an allergy may be in play. So we wait and see.

The quilting retreat was two long days at a local church. They have a great room with lots of tables, electric plugs and great food. They charge $45 for the 2 days and a sponsoring group (woman's Sunday school class, children's camp fund, mission support, etc. sponsors it. Sponsoring group get all the money after feeding us dinner on Friday, kolaches for Sat. Morning, and really good lunch and supper. (Did I mention the desserts are awesome-- not to mention al the snacks we all bring). I think a lot of the food is donated by the sponsoring group.

We often have up to 50 women there. About 1/2 & 1/2 card makers/scrapbookers and the quilters. I've been going at least 5 years now.
The do this every quarter. Totally love it!!!
I wish other churches or organizations would offer this.

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2016 :  3:33:49 PM  Show Profile
Mary, I don't know how old your granddaughter is but they told me mine began when I began cycling at age 11. I suffered and back then they did not have a clue. It sounds like her doctor has the right idea, less periods, less backwash and less tissue to accumulate into cysts.My son was born just before my 21st BIRTHDAY, and a major surgery two years later. No more children. My great nephew's wife has this also. They were to be married next summer, but moved it to November so they could try for a child or children before she loses her second ovary.
Your retreat sounds like a fun outing. Yes it would be nice if others would do something like that.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2016 :  3:43:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi zmarilyn,
Yes, she started about age 11 also. I hate to think that this may interfere with having kiddos. She's such a sweet loving child. This started at about age 13 and she's 15 now. Guess we'll just pray, and see if anything g we can do re: food choices, etc, might help a bit.

Thank you for sharing.

Do you think this is increasing in our population now? Has our modern life style with all our chemicals, fake food, etc., causing more health problems these days.
You can email separately if you want..
Mary

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2016 :  3:50:05 PM  Show Profile
Winnie,
I totally LOVE your embroidered mug rug with the bunnies and ducky buttons in the middle of the yellow and pink Yo Yos!
Pretty enough to to frame! The hand decorated blown egg is so creative. The candies are always appreciated-- and I'm sure not all of them are in the picture for SOME reason!!
The bunny towel and matching pink wash cloth are a lovely too, And what's a mug rug without tea??? Camomile and Ginger- perfect!
Thank you so much!! I Loved it all.. And your presentation was so sweet.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2016 :  3:51:29 PM  Show Profile
Yes, It was pretty rare in the 1950s-1960s. There is a lot more of it now. I tried to talk to my daughter in law about the girls, to watch them carefully. I don't know if there is a genetic link or not. The harmonies in our foods have certainly caused little girls in third and fourth grade to begin having breast development. That is sad.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2016 :  3:57:39 PM  Show Profile
I taught with a lady whose daughter had it. The doctors worked with her, and as soon as she finished nursing school, married and one year later had a baby. One year after that another. That was all. I needed everything out at 23, but the doctors decided to wait. I was 31 when I had the complete clean out. My surgeon scraped my abdominal cavity out good. It took a long time. I was finally healthy. Life was good, except for hot flashes.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2016 :  5:02:47 PM  Show Profile
HI Mary, I am so happy you enjoyed the mug rug and Spring goodies! It was fun putting it all together and I hope you will enjoy! Happy Spring!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2016 :  2:01:43 PM  Show Profile
WhooHoo!! Look what the Farmgirl Mail that arrived just now!! Thank-you Mary for so many pretty and Spring themed goodies. I love the pretty mug rug with the butterflies and all of the teas, plus that cute Easter bunny fabric, a fun wall hanging project and iron transfers for embroidery! Lots of fun packed into this swap!

Thank-you again , Mary for being my swap buddy for this fun exchange!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Easter Mug Rug Swap-Partners Posted Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page