Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 A Huge Farmgirl Hug and Thank-you!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic A Huge Farmgirl Hug and Thank-you!! Next Topic  

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  06:44:31 AM  Show Profile
Here we are starting an exciting New Year together at MJF and I wanted to thank all of you for your support and friendship during my time as Farm Sister of the Year from 8/2014-12/2015. I received many sweet cards and forum posts that brightened my mailbox and days. Thank-you all for reaching out to me!

Being FSOTY was a great privilege and it allowed me to get to know many more of you in new and fun ways. It forever changed my life for the better!! All of you together represent such creativity, love, inspiration and old fashioned Farmgirl Love. It has helped me learn about and find more of my own Farmgirl Heart. This Forum has given me such joy, laughter, fun and friendship. I cannot imagine my life without all of you!

MaryJane has given us this great opportunity to have a community of people that offers a different focus from the hectic tech driven culture we now live in. To our Queen Bee Farmgirl, I am grateful for her willingness to reach out to all of us and provide us with this unique Sisterhood fellowship. What would life be like without our Glamping chat, Merit Badge and project sharing, recipe exchange, prayers of support, Jubilee celebration, and Apple Festival?? Such shared love and fun.

Thank-you MaryJane!!

As I understand it, the new FSOTY will be selected and announced in the February online Sisterhood Issue so stay tuned.

Till then, I am excited to join all of you this January in making 2016 another wonderful, insightful, fun and supportive year for each other here at "our beloved MaryJane'sFarm".

Wagons Ho!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6919 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6919 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  07:10:26 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, I remember the card you sent me when I joined the Sisterhood welcoming me to the Farm. It was then that I decided to make you my mentor and watched the way you conducted yourself. I have patterned much of how I relate to others after you.

I'm looking forward to another year here on the Farm with you, MaryJane, and all of my FarmGirl Sisters. So much to learn, share, and to do.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  07:31:56 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Winnie -
You are an inspiration to all of us in MaryJane's sisterhood. I have so enjoyed my years as a member of MJF and especially getting to know you this year. I am hoping one day we can meet in person. Congratulations on your year. I love working on the Apple Festival merit badge (still a ways to go) ans have enjoyed swapping with you. I love all my farmgirl friends and have met several in person, and I Hope to meet many more. I have many more phone and email friends from MJF. Thank you for doing what you do. HUGS!!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  07:35:29 AM  Show Profile
Winnie my dear, you are loved far and wide and your reign has been much more than inspirational; it's been ground-breaking. You do know don't you that Idaho loves you most:)?

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  08:26:06 AM  Show Profile
It's true Winnie, you ARE loved far and wide. You are a kind and welcoming person and I'm just sorry I didn't get to spend a little more time with you when you were out this way. Now that you won't be quite so busy with your sister duties, you should definitely join us over at Mail Art Cheers Winnie!

Kristine
Farmgirl Sister #6

Not all who wander are lost.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13621 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13621 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  12:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Winnie for your encouragements and inspiration! Being a Farmgirl Sister of the Year is truly a humbling experience and honor!
I know from experience . . . that was my privilege and honor for 2010. Wow! FIVE years ago already!
Happy New Year!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  9:56:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh Winnie,,, hugz and like all your MJF sisters,,, huggin' ya from way over here on the West side...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  06:26:29 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for such sweet comments and virtual hugs! You sure know how to make a Farmgirl get all teary and blushing!! You are all just the absolute BEST!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  5:10:40 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, can't think of a better honor for you. Thanks.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2016 :  06:10:08 AM  Show Profile
Dear Queen of Apples (and Coffe, and Apple pie coffee, etc),

Two words . . . Love You!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2016 :  3:55:21 PM  Show Profile
Dear Winnie,
Let me start off by truly saying the single best moment of 2015 for me was meeting you in person at the Farm girl tea last February. It was like meeting a Rock star, because you do ROCK! I have followed you throughout the year and love the way you seem to always have words of kindness, love, and encouragement. You truly show everything a farm girl is or could ever want to be. Much Love and Hugs to you. Karla
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  08:03:18 AM  Show Profile
Winnie - You are the epitome of the best in all of us! We absolutely love you - you are the best! As Karla said - YOU ROCK! It was absolutely fitting and absolutely wonderful that you were chosen as this past year's Farmgirl of The Year! You are an inspiration, and one of the best farmgirl sisters a girl could have! Much love and big hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  10:48:45 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Winnie for all that you do! You are an inspiration to us all! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9325 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9325 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  8:40:54 PM  Show Profile
Winnie,
I am so grateful to know you and call you my friend. You are such a wonderful picture of what being a farmgirl is all about. I do hope you enjoyed your year and all the things it entailed!
Hugs!!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2307 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2307 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  12:03:49 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, it is such a pleasure to have you not only as a farmgirl sister, a scattered prairie hen house sister, but also a friend. I am so glad you have had the joy of being farmgirl of the year and the many memories it created.

Love
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  09:16:30 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, you were such a wonderful FGOTY! I still treasure the gifts you sent me when I became FGOTM! You embody exactly what a Farmgirl is. I hope you enjoyed your reign and look forward to staying in touch on the forums.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A Huge Farmgirl Hug and Thank-you!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page