Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Emi has respiratory infection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Emi has respiratory infection Next Topic  

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  02:07:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! All of you helped me celebrate the birth of Emi,and now I am asking prayers for her. She woke us up about thirty minutes ago, struggling to breathe. We got her calmed down,some essential oils on her, including eucalyptus to help her breathe, and she is nursing, so she is obviously breathing better. With that said, if it happens again, or she sounds worse, we will be taking her in t the hospital, where they can do breathing treatments on her. Please please pray that getting her admitted will not be necessary and that she quickly, with God's healing touch, gets past this!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  03:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Sending prayers up for precious Emi! God Bless her!

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6914 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6914 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  05:28:46 AM  Show Profile
May the Lord touch and heal Emi and be you, Shannon, as you look after her.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  06:03:41 AM  Show Profile
Keep us posted, Shannon, and I hope Emi doesn't have anything serious. Tis the season for croup and RSV for little ones. Keeping you both in my prayers.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  06:50:31 AM  Show Profile
I am guessing it is RSV with how it is presenting! Thankfully we made it through the night, which is the worst and hardest time! Add to it I had a step stool fall on my Achilles tendon yesterday. I still cannot move my toes or bear weight. If it is not better by Monday I have to go see the doctor to see if I tore it :( Emi and I are falling apart ;)

Thank you all for your prayers! I always joke that the Lord had me become a nurse for a wonderful reason... To take care of my own kids :) with a larger family, it sure has come in handy!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  07:20:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, that poor little sweetie, and poor sweet you! I will be praying, Shannon! God love and bless you both - you ALL!!!

I don't think I realized you are a nurse! That's wonderful! I'm sure it's still very difficult emotionally when it's your babies who suffer with illness, but what a blessing to know everything you need to do and to be able to recognize when things get to the point you need to see the doctor or visit the ER. Divine wisdom and direction is so amazing. They're two things I pray for the most often! :)

We went through this quite often when our son was a baby and toddler. I am sure you already know this, but for some reason I feel compelled to share it. Whenever he had breathing issues or labored breathing, no matter how light or serious, the doctor would instruct me to go into the bathroom, turn on the shower at the hottest setting, close the door, and then hold him and rock him in the steam for 10 - 15 minutes. Then he said to wrap him up well so he would stay warm, and take him outside into the cold air for the same length of time so his lungs would fill up with cool, soothing oxygen. It was always such a relief to see him stop laboring to breathe, and to see the calm sleepiness come back after such horrific struggle. Before anyone does this, though, I strongly recommend you check with your doctor. But for us, it was like a small miracle. I was very grateful!

May God bless you both, heal you both and give you all the wisdom and guidance to help see you both through, dear friend!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Nov 28 2015 07:20:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  08:40:24 AM  Show Profile
I am an inactive registered nurse. i quit working when I was pregnant with my oldest, and decided to stay home with my kids :) I actually worked as a registered nurse to pay my way through college to get my degree in Biology/Pre-Med. My dream BC (before children) was to become a pediatrician specializing in immunology and infectious disease. I spent most of my time on a pediatric floor, though I also spent some on a post-op floor and a cardiac step-down unit.

Thank you so much for the prayers!!!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  2:13:17 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, I am glad you are a nurse it does help in awareness of what is happening faster. I sure will put the llittle sweetie in my prayers for her to clear up and for your foot to heal.

You take care too, Blessings

darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  3:26:37 PM  Show Profile
Of course we will pray for her and your whole family. God bless.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  11:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Praying for you and your kiddos! I'm so sorry for the "hiccup" in your Thanksgiving weekend! HANG IN THERE!
HUGS and PRAYERS!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  01:45:38 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone! We went to the doctor yesterday.. Basically I need to keep doing what we are doing for Emi. She is actually up nursing right now, and sounds a little better, I think. As for me... I am now in a walking boot. It is terribly awkward and heavy, but what a tremendous amount of support it gives!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  9:48:35 PM  Show Profile
Continuing prayers for you all Shannon, Take care and you all have a good night.

Blessings

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Emi has respiratory infection Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page