Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic I need help Next Topic
Page: of 2

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2006 :  9:30:51 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for your comments. I feel much better. I am so sorry I ruffled so many feathers. Being a hostess isn't easy. Don't worry I haven't let a few people cloud my judgement of new people. By new I meant people with under 5 post who we never see again for whatever reason. I am a very fair person. All I ask is that people commuicate with me.
Let me know what is going.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  05:01:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi Elizabeth:

I hope you know that no one holds you accountable if someone in the swap doesn't follow through. As the leader of the group it would be a lot of pressure and we take it to heart if everyone does not do their share. No one blames you for it...trust me. :) Sheryl-lyn

Enjoy your weekend (what's left of it anyway!!)
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  06:17:27 AM  Show Profile
Perhaps it would be useful to have a "Swap Partner Report Card," similar to eBay's feedback forum but much less intricate - maybe just a page where you can leave a "grade" about timliness for the person via their name? i.e., A for "super quick delivery", F for "never received it after multiple emails to ___."

I also would like to participate in a swap, but being rather new & not knowing the ropes it's kind of intimidating.

Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  06:35:47 AM  Show Profile
For myself I haven't entered any swaps as of yet. (except the card exchange) One because I don't always have the time to devote to it and two because some of the swaps I don't qualify for, meaning that like for a knitters swap or an apron swap. I dont knit and I dont make aprons...yet! Although I would love to join every swap, I just know my limitations on the time I have or what I can do. I feel bad that not everyoen knows their limitations and they don't follow through.
lilpunkin

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  10:14:25 AM  Show Profile
My personal opinion is that a Farmgirl should not be excluded just because she's new. If they request to join and the swap isn't closed then they should be allowed. We were all new once.

On the other hand, if a committment is made to be a part of the swap and the person doesn't follow through that's another story.

Just my .02 worth!

The Rustic Cottage Etsy Shop http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

Visit my blog! http://nwfarmerette.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  11:05:13 AM  Show Profile
I participated in the holiday swap here and on the 3rd or so month/event, I didn't receive anything. I was disappointed, of course. I didn't really know what to do, though. I didn't want to contact the organizer because I know whoever is handling everything is not responsible and I hate to burden them. I didn't contact my swap partner because no matter how I worded it in my head, it didn't sound right. So I simply let it go.

I do owe someone buttons from an "individual" swap, and she has been so sweet and patient, waiting for me to find my buttons as I get things out of storage. God bless her!!

Do I have any suggestions? Not really, but I do understand and wish there was a perfect solution somewhere.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  10:37:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
I have been in a few swaps now, and for the first two I entered, didn't receive anything back and no word from the girls involved. This was a bit upsetting (especially as it was the cookbook swap and cookbooks are heavy and expensive to post!) But my first swap partner came through with a lovely gift after a while (still haven't heard from the second, although I know she is going through a rough patch at the moment, so have decided not to bother her with it).
I didn't want to let this put me off though, as it was such fun making up the parcels. So kept going with the swaps and my last one (in the tea towel swap) made up for all the problems from earlier ones! So I'm still joining up.
I guess the only issue with sending to one person for them to distribute is that you are paying for postage twice (once to send to the organiser and then sending them money to send the packages back out). I think I would rather swap direct (more personal that way - as I like to include little extras) and risk missing out now and then.
Just my thoughts - best wishes to all,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic I need help Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page