Author Holidays: Previous Topic gag gift Next Topic  

walkswithlilacs
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Jennifer
Eatontown NJ
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  10:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Send walkswithlilacs a Yahoo! Message
This year, my family decided to play the old "gift swap game" on Christmas, for which, I have to bring a wrapped gag gift. I'm trying to come up with something unigue and different. Anyone have any ideas?

Blessings,

J

"I saw an act of Faith today -
a man was on his knees;
Not in a pew or in a church,
but in a garden planting seeds."
-anonymous-

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  10:59:19 AM  Show Profile
My family does the "white elephant" gift swap thing sometimes, too - it can be SO funny! I think one of the strangest and funniest ones I've seen was a shoebox full of stick-on moustaches (unused, of course!). It was either my aunt or my mom who opened it, I don't remember, but I DO remember almost not being able to stop laughing. Now, I'm guessing that's NOT the type of idea you were looking for.......but,...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  11:02:05 AM  Show Profile
We do gifts every year with our family, (white elephant). The gift has to be $5-7. One year we had to buy a gift that started with the first initial of our name. My husbands name starts with an "M". SO guess what he bought?...NO really, Guess!

...He bought a mouse!!!!!! LOL! I real live mouse! It was so funny!
The funny thing was, our cousin picked it up and we said, "you don't want that gift"! Well, that only egged him on more to want it. And we said, "no, really you dont want it".
Well, he shook it a little as we screamed "no, don't do that"!!!!! Then he decided he was going to take it, he just had to have it. SO he slowly starts to open the box, peaks inside and starts screaming "oh sh.., oh sh..!" LOL, it was a hilarious riot.
The end to that story, is one of our aunts took the mouse home, she just had to have it. She named it Merry Christmas and she had that lil critter for 2 years or more.

Anyone wanna come over for Christmas?!!!

lilpunkin

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

walkswithlilacs
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Jennifer
Eatontown NJ
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  11:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Send walkswithlilacs a Yahoo! Message
Libby - that is completely the kind of thing I'm going for - that is hysterical! Thanks!

a man was on his knees;
-anonymous-
Go to Top of Page

walkswithlilacs
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Jennifer
Eatontown NJ
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  11:07:02 AM  Show Profile  Send walkswithlilacs a Yahoo! Message
<<..He bought a mouse!!!!!! LOL! I real live mouse! It was so funny! >>

That is so funny! Were there any kitties in the house sniffing up the box?

a man was on his knees;
-anonymous-
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  11:09:17 AM  Show Profile
A MOUSE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! I am totally laughing......

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Niamh
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Idaho
140 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  11:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Niamh a Yahoo! Message
Sorry-no ideas here. I'm still laughing about the mouse. Would have been twice as funny if he'd been wearing one of the mustaches!

My Grandma saves everything. You get different presents from her. One year my uncle got a used jock strap. She said she thought he might need it. So now it gets passed around. Every Christmas, birthday, wedding, baby shower, etc., in that family, someone gets the jock strap.
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  11:57:02 AM  Show Profile
I would just go to a thrift store and try to find the most odd and useless thing you could find. Those are always great.

One year after my great grandma died, we all got together and went through her things and there were these GAWDAWFUL orange and white blown glass geese (that I actually wish I had now) that became the gift that got passed around. First my Aunt Megan got them from my mom and so on and so on...it was good fun. I don't know who has them anymore....

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  12:34:00 PM  Show Profile
One time at a church white elephant game we had a beautiful "full" stocking that kept getting passed around cause everyone wanted it........but it only contained an apple core and tissue paper!

There's always the printed toilet paper, etc.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  4:18:54 PM  Show Profile
My ex in laws ( who I got to keep his family in the divorce)always have a white elephant gift exchange for the adults and a real one for the kids. Some of the gifts have been really funny. I got a worm bin thing for raising worms one time. I was thrilled and everyone else felt sorry for me..haha And my son, who was about 18 at the time got a cracked fish bowl with a plastic mermaid in it once. and the funniest I think...was when my ex mom in law was in the beginning stages of alzheimers and didn't "get it" what was meant by a White elephant. She brought a bottle of ketchup (full and new) and a bag of chocolate chips from her cupboard. All the teenagers really wanted those! haha

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  4:42:29 PM  Show Profile
We bought a GIANT dog bone once for a christmas swap we were in. We but it in a big box and wrapped it all pretty.

Once we gave a kids inflatable snoopy chair(this was for a grownup party)

My husband has also thought about having a life-size cutout made of himself and wrapping it up in a refridgerator box. We haven't done that yet.

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  7:40:49 PM  Show Profile
I am listening girls as we are having this at our party on the 23rd!
I never liked that pass the good present on game, it always seemed mean spirited but the gag gifts are always fun. We once did a gag gift swap in the summer and it sort of took on a "theme" without anyone really talking to each other. There was a gold plated (spray painted) plunger, a see through toilet seat with goldfish in it, elbow high rubber gloves with ruffles sewn on (how chic!) and ...
a gas mask! In case you are wondering, we do have some friends who are wacko! But we love them! I think that was also the party we came out to find a flock (20 +) of pink flamingos displayed so attractively at the end of our driveway with a big sign that said (B & C live here! OIY!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

tiffany01
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Tiffany
Indiana
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2006 :  03:31:22 AM  Show Profile
My dad bought a box of stuff at an auction and amongst everything else was an "electric dishwasher". This was a pretty dishcloth with an electrical cord glued to it. Very funny! My sister took it for her work gag gift exchange. That would be something you could make.
Go to Top of Page

walkswithlilacs
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Jennifer
Eatontown NJ
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2006 :  07:11:28 AM  Show Profile  Send walkswithlilacs a Yahoo! Message
That is very funny - I love that! Thanks.

a man was on his knees;
-anonymous-
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic gag gift Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page