Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Sarah
Fortville IN
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  8:04:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi!
Tell me what you think about this idea. First of all we are planning to build a cute little storybook village in central Indiana. It's going to be sweet, with little shops, cottages, family homes, and homesteads. There is a lot of good farmland around the village, and the land is affordable in the area. so we are talking to the owners to see if they want to sell farm land to people who want to produce food for our little village. We want the family farms to be within a mile of the village so that we can walk, or ride horses, of bring along a pack goat to carry the goods home from the farm. What do you think? Do you know anyone looking for a good spot to buy a family farm? The village restaurants also want to buy farm fresh organic produce. Visit the website, if you haven't and be sure to read our my story I posted here in the across the fence forum.

Blessings!
Sarah

"Jim-Bob&Larry is the name of my daughter's new laying hen. My little girl is three and she came up with the name all by herself. I'm Sarah."

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  8:18:44 PM  Show Profile
Sarah, it's a great idea and I hope all your dreams come true. I went to your web site and it's very nice only some of the pics wouldn't come up. Happiness to you

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2006 :  3:39:50 PM  Show Profile
Sarah - I checked out your village website, and that is the neatest idea! I'm going to for sure mention it to anyone who expresses an interest in moving to a village like that. BEST of wishes in making the dream a reality. How wonderful! I would so love for our town to be like that. Please keep us posted on how it's working for you - I think you have such a great vision of what a village could and should be.

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2006 :  09:58:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Sarah
I loved the website, & the whole idea. I've been looking for something like this for a very, very long time. I sent in my info, & look forward to hearing more from you. Thanks!
Melanie
Go to Top of Page

MichelleTN
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Michelle
TN
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  4:47:34 PM  Show Profile
Sarah,

I signed up for your newsletter, its sound like a divine place, exactly where I would love to be, but its too far away from my family...I will follow your prgress, though and mad props to you for making a dream like this happen for so many people!!!!

Michelle

My Blog: http://tangledthreadsandknottedyarn.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  5:05:43 PM  Show Profile
Love your concept. I'm so excited for you to be experiencing your dream come true. Please, please, please keep us updated on this. Very interesting. Your website looks great as well. Good luck. I wish all of America was comprised of villages like the one you are developing.

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
www.ragstoroses.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  06:14:14 AM  Show Profile
Rebekah- I was just thinking that all of America WAS like that!! Small villages and towns that had family businesses, farming was the norm, people really knew each other and helped when it was needed....They were true communities. But, we "progressed" away from that- the development of the interstate highway system alone allowed for distribution and travel to and from other areas, families moving away from each other and small businesses being replaced with larger companies.
I am happy to see a return to that kind of community living. It brings back that sense of working together for a purpose.
Sarah- I hope that your village is very successful!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  10:47:38 AM  Show Profile
Re-reading this thread set me to thinkin' - how is "the Village" going, Sarah?

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  3:47:39 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
All I can say is, "WOW!" I'd love to live in a place like your village. If only more developers would embrace ideas like yours. Good luck!

Laura

http://thecraftycatgirl.blogspot.com
"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." Anne Frank
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Family Farm Community Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page