CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  6:51:08 PM  Show Profile
anyone have a copy (preferably soft-back cover) of this book to trade/sell?

i'm going to start hunting for one on e-bay or amazon.com tonight.

would rather pay a 'friend' for a copy though. xo

i used to have a copy of it around here somewhere .. but lordy! probably couldn't dig it up before we leave!

Isak Dinesen (the pseudonym of Danish Baroness Karen von Blixen-Finecke), first published in 1937. The book describes events during 1914–1931 concerning European settlers and the local tribesmen in the bush country of Kenya (British East Africa), from seaside Mombasa to Nairobi, from Mount Kenya to Kilimanjaro, as told from the lyrical, poetic viewpoint of Dinesen.

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2006 :  4:06:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Frannie - I sure do have a copy - and there's no way I'm letting go of it!!!

Best of luck and wishes on getting it. It is on my short list of favorites...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2006 :  11:20:16 PM  Show Profile
i actually checked WALLY WORLD tonight .. cuz' when i was 'surfing the net' .. i saw that you can order it from them .. but alas and alack .. it wasn't there. i just know i have a copy around here somewhere .. and i checked in an antiques shoppe the other day .. but didn't find it .. HOWEVER .. i did actually go back to that shoppe cuz' i had seen a marvelous book on 'the beginnings of man' (from pre-historic man to 10,000 b.c.) .. that i had seen before but didn't want to 'pay the asking price' .. decided i would just treat me to it .. well .. when i went back .. it was HALF PRICE .. along with another companion book .. 'civilization from 10,000 b.c. to 2,000 b.c. ..

sooooooo .. i got that one too!

ever since childhood i wanted to be an archeologist/anthropologist! and i find that to this day i am still fascinated with that subject!

AND .. i found yet another book of 'short stories' by Kentucky authors .. over about a hundred year time-span. i just love kentucky stories written by kentucky writers!

sooo .. out of africa will probably have to take a back-seat for awhile. (but it would be fun to read while travelling through africa!)

i did that with Michener's book HAWAII .. and oh my .. it made my trip even more fascinating!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  08:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
kentucky frannie,
i was(am) and isak denisen junkie and at one time had every book of hers i could find.
now the big dilemna is can i find them in time to get them off to you. if i can they are yours. i will check here today, but the problem may be that they are at the ellwood store which is 20 miles away and may take longer. anyway i will keep you posted.
the other solution is to try an online used book store, we have one in denison texas named epiphany. they may be online, they will do a search for you, order the most reasonale copy and send it out to you.
i will check also with them tomorrow and keep you posted, girlfriend.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  09:20:57 AM  Show Profile
used book store .. that is a grande idea because they tend to categorize theirs better than the hit and miss of an antiques shoppe. there are several on the way to ohio .. if i don't find mine or order one offa' an on-line bookstore .. i'll stop on my way .. thanks the tips! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic OUT OF AFRICA Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page