Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 WOWZERS! What a week! How was yours?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic WOWZERS! What a week! How was yours? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  5:44:09 PM  Show Profile
Had a great time with our grandkids! Had the two little ones one weekend and our 15 year old granddaughter the next. My DH was told by his Dr. That he is way ahead of the curve with his rotator cuff surgery. He's driving and can go back to work on light duty. Now all we need is for Universal to schedule him back to work. Life is good!!

Farm Girl Sister #6566

The road of life is made smoother when traveled with someone you love.
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  2:51:59 PM  Show Profile
Things are really looking up! My DH goes back to work tomorrow on light duty!

Farm Girl Sister #6566

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  6:06:21 PM  Show Profile
That is good news. Light duty should be just perfect, but e should still be really careful. Believe me, I speak from experience.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3947 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3947 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  08:25:11 AM  Show Profile
DH's band, Ten Thirty Bones, had a party on Halloween night. We booked a hall right in our neighborhood for less than $100 for twelve hours. Here's a picture of the band:

Left to Right: Dave, guitar and vocals; Johanna, guitar, vocals and keyboards; Vlad, drums; Joe, bass and vocals; Lowell, guitar, vocals, keyboards and arrangements.

It was a lot of work and we made enough money to pay for the hall and the band. I also have a bag full of uneaten candy.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Nov 02 2015 08:27:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  6:11:00 PM  Show Profile
Hey Marie, they look like they had a lot of fun. Hope you are healing well.

Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2015 :  02:45:29 AM  Show Profile
How cool is that?!looks like they had a great time!

Farm Girl Sister #6566

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2015 :  11:35:08 AM  Show Profile
I hope that you girls are staying out of trouble and having a good week so far. My life has been a madhouse as usual and I've not been on very often lately. =P Mum in law is past 90 and diabetic, as I've said and is about to have an MRI for her fainting and dizzy episodes. Hopefully we'll have some good idea what we are in for with her soon. Poor girl. My dad is having a bone biopsy and has just finished yet another round of chemo and my pop in law, past 100, has had a series of micro strokes and has sustained more brain damage this time. He is like a confused and cranky child sometimes and doesn't seem to know who we all are. He's in a better live in managed care place now, so he has someone with him all the time, and we don't have to worry about him wandering off. The last place wasn't very good with him and he wandered off with out his clothes one afternoon. We weren't terribly thrilled with them. It's trying and sad dealing with these elder ones and yet, they were there for us. I am trying to see all of this as the natural course of life and maintain a calm and peaceful mind. We are all born and we all pass. I'm going to do my best to give us all a smashing holiday this year. Nobody is allowed to check out before Christmas (Crossin' my fingers anyway) Anyway. So busy, busy with family.

In between all of this, I'm canning pumpkin and everything else that I can toss in the pot, and trying to sew crafts to sell for a bit of Christmas money. Never. a. dull. moment!

Loves to ya all.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2015 :  10:44:43 PM  Show Profile
Annika, taking care of elders is definitely a challenge, but You are doing it with love. God bless you.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic WOWZERS! What a week! How was yours? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page