Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 The battle has been lost...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic The battle has been lost... Next Topic
Page: of 2

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2015 :  2:21:35 PM  Show Profile
on 10/25...he is out of pain, and is in the arms of his Grandfathers and Great grandfathers...I can not explain in words the loss he is to all of us, and we all will mourn him for the rest of our days...thank you again for your thoughts and prayers... Today is Rogers 16th birthday, he had his scan yesterday, and the tumor is growing, but at a very slow pace, at this time, he is still in pain and has seizures, but with the meds he is more comfortable. So there is no timetable, and all they can do is another scan in a few weeks to see the growth and postion. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers, and thank you from the bottom of our hearts and souls...
who will be 16 on Oct 1st, was born blind and autistic, and is the sweetest most gentle child, who has gone thru some really bad health scares since he was 8 months old, he caught RSV, which is a very bad lung virus, he had to be put in a induced coma to treat him, then we found out that his pituitary gland never developed, so he is on growth hermones for the rest of his life, his blood sugar will jump really scary high or low for no reason, which has put him in the hospital more than once. A few weeks back, he woke his Mom and stepdad in the middle of the night crying really hard ( he has never cried in his life, not even when he was born), when they got to his room, he was holding his head really tightly with both hands, my ex-daughter-in-law called my son, and said they were heading to the hopital, my son drove the 4 hrs to meet them there.He has a growth, right at and touching the brain stem, which is not opratable, it does not matter if its cancerous or not, they could try radiation, which would be 3 times a week, but they would have to knock him out each time, and that alone is dangerous, so they decieded against it, he will go home and stay, and keep him as comfortable as possible with pain meds and anti-seizure meds, and in a couple of weeks they will do another scan to see how much it has grown. This is killing my son, and all of my grandsons family, no one should ever have to bury a child or grandchild...I am asking for your thought and prayers for "Roger" for this to be as pain free as possilble, and to help his Daddy And Mommy, and little sister get thru this, thank you...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"

Edited by - oldbittyhen on Nov 01 2015 09:22:56 AM

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6914 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6914 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2015 :  2:34:12 PM  Show Profile
Tina, my heart goes out to you. I join with you in prayer that Roger will be comfortable and not afraid. May the Lord bless you and all your family with an extra helping of his mercy and grace.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2015 :  3:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Tina, I'm so sorry to hear this! Heart rending! I will be praying for Roger, for you and for the family! GOD KNOWS and CARES!
Sending Hugs and Prayers!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2015 :  11:36:07 AM  Show Profile
Tina: You, your son, Roger, his mother and stepdad, and the entire family will be in my daily prayers. I send my love and hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2015 :  1:39:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh Tina--such heartache. Prayers going out to the whole family and specially roger for a painless transition.
MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2015 :  1:55:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh Tina, you all are in my prayers and Roger is in my prayers for healing and no pain. I pray that all of you have strength through this time of Trial.
God is there with you all and with Roger holding and comforting him.

Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2015 :  2:07:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, Tina - break my heart!!! I will be praying for him and for all of you, and am praying in agreement right now with all our other sisters. Hugs and love to you, sister. Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2015 :  2:24:47 PM  Show Profile
Many many heartfelt prayers being raised for Roger and all his family!!! (((hugs))) and prayers for you!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2015 :  05:39:34 AM  Show Profile
Dear Tina, I am praying for your whole family. God will hold you in the palm of his hand in this terrible time of need.

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  7:54:54 PM  Show Profile
Dear Tina,

I cannot even fathom how difficult this must be for everyone. The whole family has my prayers.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  09:00:10 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you and your family Tina.
Hugs,

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  09:24:39 AM  Show Profile
Tina,
Prayers for Roger, you and your family are going out. What a hard load for all of you. Young Roger has had so many problems, many people use their problems for an excuse, it sounds like he has borne his with gentleness and love.

Hugs,
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2015 :  2:56:54 PM  Show Profile
Praers continue for this dear boy and his family.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2015 :  3:23:52 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Tina,
Thanks for the update! I will continue to pray . . . a struggle for sure for him, for his parents, for you and your family.
Praying God's grace, strength and comfort to enfold you all!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2015 :  11:45:24 AM  Show Profile
My continued prayers to Roger, and his extended family. Hugs to you T. I love you all.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2015 :  06:23:42 AM  Show Profile
Will keep Roger and all of you daily in my prayers.

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2015 :  09:42:26 AM  Show Profile
Will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. If there's anything I can do please let me know.

hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2015 :  2:12:28 PM  Show Profile
thank you all...a piece of me is dying with him, and my heart and soul are breaking for my son, and all of Rogers family...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2015 :  4:38:59 PM  Show Profile
We may be miles apart, but know that my arms are wrapped around you, Roger and family. Continued prayers. Big hugs to all.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2015 :  5:37:47 PM  Show Profile
My prayers continue for Roger. He must truly be an angel here on earth. Prayers also for all of his family.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  12:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Oh Tina, Sending prayers upward for Roger and is whole family. God Bless!

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  1:59:23 PM  Show Profile
I'm so, SO sorry, Tina. God bless you, Roger's family and ALL who love him. Wrapping you all in prayer and love right now - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  3:34:50 PM  Show Profile
Tina--I am so sorry to hear this. But he is now out of pain and in a place of love. And you will never forget the love he gave you. (((hugs)))
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  6:20:29 PM  Show Profile
You are wrapped in the very tenderest farmgirl hug. Your family is in my prayers.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  08:37:13 AM  Show Profile
Tina- I hope you can feel my love for you and your family. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  3:13:59 PM  Show Profile
God puts angels with us but we can't keep them. I pray for you, Roger and his family. The pain you are all feeling is overwhelming. I know. Lost my son August 9th.

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
http://vintagehousegoods.blogspot.com
http://etsy.com/shop/Vintagehousegoods
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic The battle has been lost... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page