Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Sporty Farmgirls
 NFL Season Starts September 10
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic NFL Season Starts September 10 Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2015 :  1:47:03 PM  Show Profile
The NFL (National Football League) begins the season on September 10, 2015!!!!!!
Steelers at the Patriots
I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

RabbitGirl
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Laura
St Augustine FL
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2015 :  7:37:07 PM  Show Profile
Woo Hoo! I am ready for some football! Which are your favorite teams? I have three: the Giants, the Steelers and the Buccaneers!

Laura
St Augustine, FL
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2015 :  7:40:01 PM  Show Profile
Laura I love the Saints, the Texans, Green Bay, Patriots. I love football I am so happy I'll have you dropping in and commenting! Thank you!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  11:49:03 AM  Show Profile
Marly, I was just thinking about you the other day when we were watching some advertising for the upcoming NFL Season on TV. I know you are getting excited and I hope your favorite teams have a good season this year!!

I am also so happy to see our new Farmgirl, Laura matching your enthusiasm too! it is going to be a fun posting spot this year on "the Farm" for the latest and greatest of the NFL season!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  1:00:37 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Winnie. How kind of you. YES, I love FOOTBALL. I've been watching NFL Preseason. It's not the same, but it's football. LOL
I hope we get to chat during the season about how great our teams are doing. I have so many favorite teams!!!! Of course, being from Louisiana, the Saints have to be my number one team. Go Saints.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  7:05:46 PM  Show Profile
will be cheering GO PACK GO. Having fun watching all your favorite teams.

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  7:06:18 PM  Show Profile
will be cheering GO PACK GO. Having fun watching all your favorite teams.

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  7:07:13 PM  Show Profile
oh goodness sorry about the double post!!

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  8:24:57 PM  Show Profile
Hurray!!! Another sports Farmgirls. Michelle, I love Green Bay!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  8:41:01 PM  Show Profile
MARLY! Not too long now, girlfriend! Game time is just around the corner! Woo Hoo!!!

YES! YES! YES! I grew up loving the Pats, and now I bleed Black and Gold... Can't imagine a more exciting way to officially kick off the season! I pulled out my Steelers gear as soon as training camp started (it's only a short drive from here!). Ohmygosh, I can't wait for September 10th! I just can't WAIT!!!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  8:44:10 PM  Show Profile
So... Girls... Just wondering... When it's game time where you live, are the streets deserted? Around here, no matter where you drive, it's like a virtual ghost town. Nobody's on the road: everyone's at home watching the game! Every house has some sort of Steeler decor, EVERYONE is wearing Steeler colors... If you're not, you're stared down until you're running for your life... I've yet to see anything like a Steelers fan or Steelers Country, but I know that we're not the only crazy fans in the world... What's it like where you are??? Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  9:12:28 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for joining the group of sporty Farmgirls Nini!!! Ben R. Is one good QB!!!
I wish my team or one of my teams played close by! I'd be there all the time. Hugs
Marly

Go to Top of Page

RabbitGirl
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Laura
St Augustine FL
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  9:18:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nini! I am here to tell you that there are Steeler fans everywhere! We have been to the Southwest on vacation many times and last year, the tour guide on horseback in remote Canyon de Chelly, which is located within the boundaries of the Navajo Nation, was wearing a Steeler jersey. This year, a different tour guide in even more remote Monument Valley, Utah was also wearing a Steeler jersey.

I live near Jacksonville, FL and the only time the Jaguars sell out is when they play the Steelers at home.

PS. Wasn't it awesome to see The Bus get his gold jacket this year? Woo hoo!

Laura
St Augustine, FL
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  08:45:04 AM  Show Profile
Well my day was just ruined knowing that I will be a feetball widow starting Sept 10th, as I know I won't being talking to my dearest friend till late Febuary...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  12:47:33 PM  Show Profile
I have been patiently AWAITING this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I surely got my laugh for the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's football. Join us, please. My hubby say, 'Call Tina during half time.' That was my second laugh of the week. My reply was, 'I tried that once and missed the rest of the game!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the laugh, Friend. Big hugs.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  07:45:21 AM  Show Profile
I still will love you with all of my heart and soul, no matter what, but, I will sure sorly miss you...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  2:12:35 PM  Show Profile
Tina, you are too much! Hugs to you. Nine days before the big kickoff!!!!!!!!!!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

CindyG
True Blue Farmgirl

293 Posts

Cindy
Fairfax VA
USA
293 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  4:22:17 PM  Show Profile
I am a very sad Steeler fan - not feeling' the love for the team. I get the business and logical decision of needing an experienced backup quarterback and there are VERY few of them, but Michael Vick is a vile excuse of a human being and I really don't think I can support a team that would hire him. When you look at the details of how he killed and tortured dogs, knowing he lied and lied about his involvement in their torture and killings until he failed a polygraph and only then fessed up....this all speaks to his true heart and the language is disgusting. I know people say "he paid his dues" - no he did not. People who slowly and viciously torture and kill (by hanging) innocent animals and then lie about it should not be paid millions and millions of dollars for anything they do.

I know lots of Steeler fans say "If you bail on the team because of this then you aren't a real Steelers fan" - then I guess I am not a real Steelers fan.

It is going to be a very different season for me
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  12:25:03 PM  Show Profile
Cindy: I don't like what Michael Vick diid to dogs at all. I refuse to let him take away the love of football from me. Someone told me that he has changed. I hope so. Having said that, I must also say that when they put him in as QB I turn away. Hugs.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

CindyG
True Blue Farmgirl

293 Posts

Cindy
Fairfax VA
USA
293 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  2:13:46 PM  Show Profile
Marly-
You are so right! I had not looked at it from the perspective you just gave me: by not enjoying football because of one very bad person I am giving that very bad person a whole lot of power, aren't I?

Thanks for the attitude adjustment #128512;
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  3:32:06 PM  Show Profile
Cindy: I am glad you understood what I was saying. Thank you. The next time the Steelers play, join me in watching the game, and join me in walking away when MV is QB.
Hugs.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2015 :  04:53:54 AM  Show Profile
This is a really fun post! I'm not a exactly football fan (please forgive me!) But my daughter is such a big fan that some of it squishes over onto me. She grew up watching football with her Pop Pop and stayed a big fan. Here goes, ladies . . This is Eagles country. Speaking of Michael Vick, so glad he's not an Eagle anymore! You really have to try to ignore him and not let him ruin the fun, as hard as that is.

Nini, game day is a big deal around here, but the streets are noisy. Everyone know how obnoxious Eagles fans are! By the way, my granddaughter was given a Patriots cheerleader outfit by her Gramps. Her mommy (my daughter) says she'll never wear it -- hee hee!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2015 :  12:38:30 PM  Show Profile
Amy, not all of us like or enjoy football. But-- I'm happy your daughters joy of football is "squishing" over you. LOL.
Go Eagles! I like something about all the teams, but my heart is with the Saints. I now live in Texas, so I've come to really like the Texans. Do any of you know J.J. WATT????? OMGoodness. George Strait and J. J. Watt in the same state!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marly

Edited by - Bear5 on Sep 03 2015 12:39:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  2:24:05 PM  Show Profile
This Thursday is the first game!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to sit and watch football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  4:38:43 PM  Show Profile
Patriots 28, Steelers 21.
A very good game.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2015 :  10:11:27 AM  Show Profile
I don't know, Marly. The Steelers looked pretty darned sad to me... A lot of the game, it looked as if they were playing in a pre-season scrimmage or something. They need some work, but I have faith they will get there! :) And the Patriots, well... I just have such a problem with them on many levels... And I grew up watching them play while sitting on the cold metal bleachers in Foxboro! Let's just say: It ought to be an interesting season! :)

Laura - that's so funny you say that! My son was saying Thursday night that no matter where the Steelers are playing, you always see black and gold flooding the stadium, and you always hear the crowd calling out, "Heeeeeeeath!" Too funny. And my brother is a staunch Ravens fan, but years ago while visiting them in Baltimore, I ran out to the grocery store and found - wonder of wonders - a STEELERS bar! They're everywhere. You just can't help catch the fever! LOL!

Girls, I understand your feelings about Michael Vick, I do. There are no words to describe my rage about what he participated in. But the thing is, the guy went to prison, served his time, and is devoting time to changing things for the better. I don't know if he's genuinely concerned about making amends, but at least he's trying to turn it around in some way. I think everyone deserves forgiveness and a second chance. Giving him a little room to grow, change and do his job doesn't hurt another animal. What is done is done. It was absolutely horrific what he was involved in, but he's not involved in that evil vile cruelty anymore. That's a very positive thing. And I've got to hand it to him that he is trying to make a difference - regardless of his motivation. As far as him playing, he's not first string - he's there as a back up. If he's given a chance, let's just hope he is the consummate professional and does his stuff. :)

I guess I think of it this way: Think of all the players who do terrible things to women. Think of all the players who do drugs or traffic them. Think of all those who break the law. Think of those who cheat their way to The Ring. Think of the horrible things that many of them surely do that we may never know about. Why should we single out Michael Vick? If we really think about it, we'd probably never watch the game, you know? Big Ben IS a phenomenal quarterback, truly, Marly. He keeps me on the edge of my seat with a knot in my stomach every time he is handed the ball! LOL! But when you think about the scandal that surrounded him, it really could ruin the game for you. I say, let the guys do their job, enjoy watching their poetry in motion, and allow for and pray that the law, the franchise and their consciences effect a positive change in them. If the law sets a punishment and they serve their time, and if they show a marked change in their behavior, why should we hold it against them til the end of time? Would any of us want that if we were in their shoes? I can't imagine what it would be like, having done something so horrible, realizing the profound depth of my "sin" (for lack of a better word); then gone on to serve prison time; having suffered continued public humiliation and shaming; then gone on to do whatever I could to make changes for the better, and STILL have people be so unforgiving, and having to live with the hate for the rest of my life. I have to ask: what would satisfy society in order for them to redeem and prove himself? It has to start somewhere. Having said that, though, if they continue the behavior, they shouldn't be allowed to play, let alone walk the streets. Whoa to those people, indeed!

So, does anyone have any special recipes for game time they'd like to share?

Have a great day! GO STEELERS!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Sep 12 2015 10:15:24 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic NFL Season Starts September 10 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page